• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8404

isn't it great that they have one more feature they can ignore :D

btw
do you think someone deserve a reward when he only do half of his competition ?
I do only 5 things of my decathlon but I must get my reward :rolleyes:

I think you've misunderstood. I'm not saying you should only do 5 things in the decathlon and get credit for all of it, I'm saying that some people only ever enter the triathlon, and that's all they want to enter. Inno keeps this in mind during events; I'm saying that they should do so here as well.

Today's quest, at least for me, is a great example: "Aquire [sic] 5 sectors on the Campaign Map." I still have the choice of whether I want to fight my way through or negotiate.

Good morning
Today I've been waiting for my 2nd daily challenge and watched the counter as it was going to zero. But then - nothing happend - I just had to reload the game in my browser (Chrome ) to receive the new daily challenge.

(Player Fritz-Otto van Kasper, Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) - Windows 10)

Feedback: By now I think it is a interesting thing. And yes - challenging. But I do not think that many players have the possibility to complete 7 daily challenges day by day without interrupt to receive the last chest. But okay. This is the way it is ment to be.

DeletedUser7703

Here's what I got today (HMA).

Daily chest: Rogue Chest (5% rogue hideout, 95% various amount of rogues), Large Supply chest (18k supplies)
Challenger's chest: 7% sok, 7% ww, 11% rogue hideout, 15% reno kit, 20% 3 boost crates, 40% 30FP)

Challenges
Win 4 battles
finish 16 1hour productions
Solve 4 encounters in GE by negotiating with out losing in between.
Donate 55 same era (or -1) goods to treasury

So....
What happens if I have completed GE that week already?
What happens if I'm at 48/48 in GE encounters and Level 4 is locked?

*IF* you are going to post impossible tasks (to me) then that makes challenges very easy for me, I will ignore the weekly chest and just dip in to the daily challenge when an item pops up in the daily chest I like.

What I really would like to see is new content that requires using your brain, Incidents could of been so much more than a "where's wally" - a newspaper could pop up on screen with "City XXXX has invaded by a scurry of red squirrels" you then have to search your city for an abnormal looking tree. You click on the tree this then brings up a mini puzzle which requires solving. Solve the puzzle - incident has been solved.

But back on topic.... Challenges feels more like a chore, would of been nice if you could of found something that people would enjoy and was also a challenge. If you go back and look at the feedback when GE was released I think that is a good example of something that most people enjoyed and also gave good rewards.

Summary
Rewards seem to be at the right level imo
Tasks should not require certain guild actions imo (opening up of GE levels)
I know it would of taken a lot longer to construct but I would of preferred to see new mechanisms for challenges... this feels like a re-skinned, reshaped historical quest-line.

Grim

DeletedUser8404

I agree with you in the main although I am one of those players who likes to take a balanced approach to the game. I still think that the series of Challenges over a 7 day period should be varied and include a balance of requirements including military action; not impossible for the farmers of the game but at least take them out of their comfort zone!
That said, all credit to you for completing the military piece of your Challenge. You never know, if you have to regularly repeat such action to complete Challenges then perhaps, one day, that Spearfighter Barracks might just stay permanently built in your city! :)

It's one thing to take people out of their comfort zone to do things that they've never tried before or don't do often; it's a bit different to try to get people to complete tasks they have no skill at whatsoever and will only be frustrated by. I have no issues at all that there will be days that I just can't do certain things, and that those days will break my 7-day cycle. That makes perfect sense. That's obviously what the DCs are about, to some degree.

What I'm saying is that there should be at least the possibility that players of all styles and skill levels can reasonably do a full 7-day cycle at least once in a while. In other words, that there will be some 7-day cycles with little or no combat, or very easy combat tasks, that people like me can do; other 7-day cycles that are all about "Kill the things!" for the combat-oriented, and other 7-day cycles with a very wide mix of things that the balanced players will simply take in stride, and those of us that have a more narrow style can, as you say, be pushed out of our comfort zone a little.

Side note I thought of while typing that last paragraph: throw in a few perverse tasks, like "Enter combat and have all your units killed." Obviously easy for the beginners and most farmers...people who have Level 80 GBs of all types might actually have trouble with this, even with plain old spearmen. :p

DeletedUser

Solve 4 encounters in GE by negotiating with out losing in between.
lol nice way to force players to spend diamonds

it is impossible to solve 4 encounters by negotiating in a row on Thursday when you are already at level 4 without using diamonds :rolleyes:
(would be a Tuesday challenge)

What happens if I have completed GE that week already?
I would say: it auto-completes (or you won't get that challenge)

What happens if I'm at 48/48 in GE encounters and Level 4 is locked?
then you are screwed

LadyHecate

Marquis
"Finish 100 5-minute productions."
The Production options appear variable! I'm in CA and got 1 hour productions to knock out whereas a fellow Guildie in IA got 4 hour productions. Not sure if they're totally random or Age/Era based.

One of my four Challenges for Day 1 was gathering goods! Very simple, especially if using the Market to get lower Age/Era goods, and would therefore suggest that the goods should at least be from the same Age as the player (or the one immediately below) in order to make it more of a Challenge.

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

if the idea is good, i think there is a problem.
I have to make 5 quest, it's impossible to do, when I make one in a week, it's very rare, so 5 in a day, can't do it

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-08-17 à 10.45.57.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-08-17 à 10.45.57.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 17

DeletedUser8406

I am afraid that visit 40 friend taverns is very problematic here on beta, where not all players plays daily.
And this task is not about player, but also about players friends

DeletedUser6496

I have a daily Challenge to aquire 2 sectors in the campaign map. I had a province where it was possible, but if I had to send my scout on a trip, I would have had to use diamonds to complete it. This has to be fixed.

It looks like a nice addition to the game, time will show if it will catch on.

DeletedUser

Neither spoiling the Summer Event nor the missing incidents made me register to the forum... but this did.

110 5-minute productions?! Are you kidding me?! 3 HOURS IN THE GAME TO GET 1 .CHAMPION?! (yeah, because I know your own "probablity" and "balancing"... I know now, I would get the champion solo...).

And just to think yesterday I thought: "Oh, well, we'll see, seems to be quite nice addition to the game, I'd like to try it"... not anymore. I'm doing only one week of this brainless "challenges" only to see what useless stuff would you give to us in the big chest for the end... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7467

The 8 am start time is bad for those you play primarily in the evening, giving them little time to achieve the requirements. Expect high failure/no attempt rates from some daily players. I am about to enter Beta for the first time today and I am already 7 hours behind. (Although, in Arctic Future so, it's probably not available to me, yet.)

I agree, it should be a 24h challenge counting from 1st login of the player.

DeletedUser7239

If prizes are good like today´s and the challenge difficult is acceptable, so yes, pretty neat :)

Do 20 8 hour productions

How many *** production buildings do the devs expect us to have??? We would have to have a minimum of 6 production buildings AND get online to collect on time in 24 hours or 10 buildings to collect twice or 20 buildings to set and collect in the same day. This is if you're seeing the quest right when it comes up, if you get online and don't have 8 hours left on the clock then you're screwed before the day even began. How is this encouraging ????

These kinds of quests are crap because they set us up to fail and encourages us to give up on it ON DAY ONE. Apparently I just found out that you have to do all of the quests and cant pick and choose which one you decide to do which makes this feature go into the garbage bin even faster.

DeletedUser

110 5-minute productions?! Are you kidding me?! 3 HOURS IN THE GAME TO GET 1 .CHAMPION?! (yeah, because I know your own "probablity" and "balancing"... I know now, I would get the champion solo...).

Lucky, lucky me... guess what I got... :mad:

DeletedUser16

Some general comments on several of the points raised:

There are checks in place to make sure that there won't be any "impossible" challenge conditions. However, if you see any that you simply can't do (for instance "solve X encounters" when you've already completed all of them), please comment here or (even better) report this to via our support system, as this is of course not intended :).
This being said - there will be conditions that are rather demanding and it is by design that not everybody will be able to complete them on every single day. However, with involvement and activity, most players should be able to complete them 7 days in a row from time to time. Probably not every week though.

Also, unlike normal quests, daily challenges are tailored by age. So depending on what age you're in, the requirements may differ. If you see any problems related to this system, please also comment, as improvements are possible :).

Lionhead

Baronet
Very early stages, but for now this is brilliant.
As for most if not all the recent new features, I see a lot of boohoo´s. "That´s it for me...", "I´m not going to bother with this.." and more along the those lines.
It´s my first day with DC, and I might have gotten one of the easier DC´s, as I can say with certainty that I can complete it. That´s including "Finish 12 1 hour productions".
If, or more likely when, I get a "Do 20 8 hour productions", I will probably fail miserably, but that´s just the way it is. It won´t ruin my enjoyment of the game or this new feature.

I do think DC will devalue Bazaars and SF´s. I do believe 98% of us have those for the fp-giving 24 hr production. This seems to conflict with all the diferent cycles of production, besides 24 hr, which DC will have us make doing. Seems to me, I´ll have to put my 7 Bazaars/SF in my inventory or delete them, and restructure my city. Either with a lot of Blacksmiths or Crystal Flower Stores. But so be it. Yet another challenge, I´ll happily accept.

Macha

Squire
i think these daily challenges will make people with several live cities convert 1 of them to hourly houses & blacksmiths & maybe a few small goods buildings & whatever else is needed to complete the majority of quests, only doing ge when asked etc, in a few months they'll have gathered a lot of useful rewards

DeletedUser

I do think DC will devalue Bazaars and SF´s. I do believe 98% of us have those for the fp-giving 24 hr production. This seems to conflict with all the diferent cycles of production, besides 24 hr, which DC will have us make doing. Seems to me, I´ll have to put my 7 Bazaars/SF in my inventory or delete them, and restructure my city. Either with a lot of Blacksmiths

Yeah, that would be very strategic indeed... I do not want that kind of "strategist" among my friends, DT would be useless then...