• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBs and Eras ( dislike and suggestion )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8400

I want to just state that I think it is unfair that some players have GB's outside of their era. Sometimes 2 or 3 eras ahead of themselves. While I understand that guildmates and friends gave them all the goods to get it to make it available for them, but it isn't fair for the rest of us!
So can you guys please make it a requirement that in order to build GBs of XYZ era, YOU MUST be in that era.

In plain and simple words: You can't build GBs era(s) ahead of you, you can only build from your current era and below.

Sometimes these benefit them in different ways other than PvP and GvG or for GE. Sometimes it allows them to clear up a lot of space in their city to build more wonders as some GBs give out population. There where some people getting the lead in PvP as a result of this.

While I understand that they can't be removed overnight for the players that already have such cities, I do have a suggestion and solution for it. LET THEM KEEP IT! The catch? Disable all the benefits from such GBs and they will only be reactivated when they reach such era for such GB. Simple as that.

This is to make it a more fair and balanced game among players. It does not take away anything from the general public nor adds any unfair advantage(s) to anyone. It simply regulates those that have found an exploit in the GBs/Era procedure. I hope this gets implemented fairly.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from the devs regarding this matter.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

This is to make it a more fair
lol
take away something away from people who earned it is more fair?

please start thinking

it can't be more fair than it is now. why?
everybody can do it
all players have the same opportunities.
can't be more fair than that

I want to just state that I think it is unfair that some players have GB's outside of their era.
so what is unfair ?
everybody can do it

that makes it 100% fair

but it isn't fair for the rest of us!
lol (again)

if players are too bad, lazy, whatever to don't have those GB it is their fault
they can have them if they do something to get them

like if someone has a GB of his age and other players of the same age not that would be also not fair
because the player with GB has an advantage compared to them

any unfair advantage(s) to anyone.
you only want an unfair disadvantage
take away the GB bonus from players who have earned higher era GBs

and balanced game among players
the balance was killed with introduction of the Arc

but if you only let players of future era and later have it it would make it more unbalanced

It simply regulates those that have found an exploit in the GBs/Era procedure.
exploit ? lol
you know what an exploit is?

sure not or else you wouldn't take that word

an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers
but that higher aged GBs are build is intended

so how can that be an exploit ?

DeletedUser8400

take away something away from people who earned it is more fair?

When the requirements ask for resources/goods that are not within ur era, how is that fair? why should someone 2 eras behind be able to build GBs with resources he has no access to other than other people giving it to him so that he/she can battle with people in his era and have an advantage in one way or another? Maybe you should double check if you have a proper functioning brain. Just because the exploit is available does not mean it's fair game. It is nonetheless an exploit.

like if someone has a GB of his age and other players of the same age not that would be also not fair
because the player with GB has an advantage compared to them

To address your situation that u stated, having two players of the same era with one having gb and the other not, does not make it unfair. Because the other player has access to getting the goods for that era. Plus this is not the issue. The issue is accessibility, and benefits of gaining perks from eras ahead to use directly or indirectly towards other players. I have no problem with them getting the resources through trades and friends, bc they could eventually trade those resources for resources in a lesser era in the trade market. The problem is getting the benefits from ANY gb ahead of their era and then using such benefits from it to an advantage among players. I've seen players that have alcatraz and they were in LMA or HMA....how is that fair? The perks and benefit from it give him/her an edge over other players within the LMA or HMA era.

As I said earlier, just bc the exploit is there and not everyone uses, does not mean it is fair. IT IS an exploit feature, simple as that. It's overlooked and as a result being exploited.

DeletedUser

Maybe you should double check if you have a proper functioning brain. Just because the exploit is available does not mean it's fair game.
there is NO exploit

ask your "proper" brain

having two players of the same era with one having gb and the other not, does not make it unfair. Because the other player has access to getting the goods for that era.
all player have access to higher era goods too :rolleyes:
they only need to know how.

maybe the unfair situation is that some people don't know how to play the game in the most effective way :D

As I said earlier, just bc the exploit is there and not everyone uses, does not mean it is fair.
As I said earlier. THERE IS NO EXPLOIT

maybe you find a correct word to say the truth

I've seen players that have alcatraz and they were in LMA or HMA....how is that fair?
I have seen players in iron age with
Alcatraz, Arc, Chateau, Cape, Orangerie and some more above his age
(oh wait I have sold the goods to them :D)

how can that be unfair ?
they did work to get them

The perks and benefit from it give him/her an edge over other players within the LMA or HMA era.
true. but players work in the game to get an edge over other

but what did those other player in the same time ?
nothing? focus on other GB? needing only half of the time to reach the era ?

so is playing smarter than other really unfair ?
or is unfair only the word of bad players as an excuse for being not so smart ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8400

Heres a screenshot with circles around the GB's above their era...some just being one era ahead, but for the most part they are more...i will point out how this is unfair for someone in his era.
cheap_0001.png
1. (Innovation Tower) The amount of population ( about 6,800 ) stacked within a 6x6 section. When at his era u can clearly see no residential buildings. Had he had the residential buildings he would not have space for other GBs.
2. ( The Arc ) Currently getting 18 of each good for his guild treasury. While he does have an Observatory, it is not high enough to get that level. This would require him to spend more fp's or friends donating fp's to his obs to reach that level. He would also need to donate fp's to other players who have OBS because at level 10 u get 8. After that u must get the BPS from donating to the other OBS.
3. ( Château Frontenac) Even though hes one era behind it, he is gaining the perks from it. Stuff that people in his era who play fairly would not have.
4. ( Voyager V1) Currently at level 1 and is getting 13.2k supplies every 24 hours. Meaning he does not really have supply buildings in his city bc they all take up much more space and would require much more population for him to have. Also benefits from condense spacing from gb's.
5. (Cape Canaveral ) Getting fp's in smaller amount of area. Meaning he doesn't take up space with SoK or other special buildings that would give him fp's.
6. (Arctic Orangery) The critical hit bonus perk that he would not get at that era. So when he goes into battle he could essentially do greater damage just by luck. Not to mention it gives him FP's. This is clearly unfair for people in his same era.
7.( Alcatraz) Getting the bonuses of military units every 24 hrs!...rarely having a need for military buildings of different kinds. Even though its one era ahead, it still taking advantage. This can be use greatly in battles along with the Artic Orangery to seriously have a greater advantage in battles.

All of the GBs he/she does have, for the most part are lower level.
Again the perks from GBs ahead of your era clearly give the player an advatage. Population, army, guild treasury ( for gvg or ge ), and battle are all out of this players hand. But bc of the exploit to benefit from having them, the player is able to be higher than people on his era. The lack of actual buildings ( resource, residential and military ) give the player an advantage over terrain gains and stuff placed within them.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that all the supplies required for GBs higher than 1 era ( Progressive Era) (s)he would have to get it from players above him. As (s)he would need to trade them. The player is in Industrial era. Either get them that way or buy diamonds to purchase the needs, which i strongly don't believe he would spend that much in real money for them.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-08-14 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

DeletedUser8400

As I said earlier. THERE IS NO EXPLOIT
answer me this...if theres no exploit, then why are the majority of GBs placed in a particular era by the developers?

an exploits means you are taking advantage of something for ur own benefit. Maybe u like googles answer, which is " make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)." Not sure how much clearer can an exploit be defined.

GBs are meant to be unlocked particularly when ur near that era, I pressume 1 era prior is good enough for the developers, I would not object to that, but would maybe like to put some requirements in order to get its full benefits while being one era away. Such as u must own 2 resources from ur era and must have 51% ( minimal ) completion in the technology tree for the current era. Which is 1 era away from that gb. Prior to that requirement the player gets 50% of the perks from tthat gb and 100% from meeting those requirements.

DeletedUser

Maybe u like googles answer, which is " make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)." Not sure how much clearer can an exploit be defined.
we are talking about a "game exploit"
not a general exploit of something

an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.
can't be defined much clearer

and the most important part

NOT INTENDED BY GAME DESIGNERS

but they wanted it

answer me this...if theres no exploit, then why are the majority of GBs placed in a particular era by the developers?
answer me this:
do you think the developers don't want that GB from eras above the era of the players are build from them ?

and if yes
then it is a bug and you should simply make a bug report
so they can change it to the way they want it to be

because: bugs are exploits
not things that are wanted in the way they are

DeletedUser7813

Most of the players just dont know how to play this game. Some dont build any GB until they reach proper age. Others go insane and build every possible GB there is. Truth Is there is only one high era GB that will give you real edge. And thats IT. With incredible space save and fb this Is the only GB worth building ahead. If you count all the fb you need to pay to get for example AO or Mys and fb to level them Up to get 3+fb every 24h you can rather go somethimes 2 or more eras ahead and build terrace farm on expansions that you wouldnt have if you trade fb for goods. You will get the same amount of fb while you progress the game and with bigger city you have more space to build more stuff And progress faster.
If you look at the city you post you will realise how poorly Its build. GB wont give you edge. Well balance city give you edge. You dont need notre for a few supplies or Frontenac if you can do like 2-5 recurring quests per day. Its just waste of space early game. Arc Is almost useless early on because if you pay 800+ fb to get it and you exchange 20+ fb a day with other players it will pay it self in 1/2 year. Alcatraz Is good only if you have rogues. Early on regular military buildings are small And Its just better to build what you currently need. Most of the time regular building Is way better than Gb because you can erase it when you have plenty of supplies or goods. It doesnt cost any fb or time.
This game is just elementary math :). Just count before you build And you are golden. If you can do GE there Is no reason to stop research and bigger city Is always better than any GB. But thats how I play the game and if you dont play for leaderboard it doesnt matter at all.

DeletedUser8400

do you think the developers don't want that GB from eras above the era of the players are build from them ?
I don't think they intended for GBs to be built in higher eras wayyyy out of ur era.

then it is a bug and you should simply make a bug report
a bug report would be more of something not working the way it was intended. As I do believe they intended to get at least one era ahead to be built but could have potentially overlooked how some could abuse that feature. Making that an exploit!

we are talking about a "game exploit"
not a general exploit of something

It's an exploit regardless if its in a game or not. Simply bc it is something being use to gain a benefit from it.

DeletedUser8400

Most of the players just dont know how to play this game. Some dont build any GB until they reach proper age. Others go insane and build every possible GB there is.

I understand what you're saying as I have seen this myself.

If you look at the city you post you will realise how poorly Its build. GB wont give you edge.

the thing is, they are getting an edge. In the innovation tower they are gaining 6,800 population while only taking up 6x6 space. From a building not in their era but way above 2 eras. As a result they are not taking up more land space using residential buildings. In the industrial era, he would have to build about 14 victorian houses that each themselves take up 3x2 spaces....or 17 boarding houses also taking up 3x2 spaces or 23 workers houses also taking up 3x2 spaces. This would eventually take up a lot more space than he could afford to give up in land. And not only that, we would have to account for the spaces that the road themselves would take up, which would greatly add more space to it. This is clearly an edge over other opponents by space condensation. Because he could have not had built the resources needed from eras ahead of his time. That's how its unfair for other players in his era.

But thats how I play the game and if you dont play for leaderboard it doesnt matter at all.

Thats how most players intend to play this game. The problem is having era advantage while remaining in lower eras and beating the competition with features not in ur era. It's like 2 cavemen going to war and then all of the sudden one has a handgun and uses it to beat his opponent simply because the handgun from some else. Does not make it fair.

DeletedUser8400

In game terms an exploit is using a broken or bugged game mechanic knowingly to your advantage.

while most of the time this stands true, there have been known well cases in other games where it is not a broken or bugged situation in a game that allowed such thing, but a featured that has been abused heavily in game(s). That is the term that would also consider it an exploit. That is where I am claiming the unfair practices of having benefits from GBs from eras ahead of your own era to gain an unfair advantage over the other opponents in the game. These unfair advantages come in the shape of land, military, goods, and resources. Just because some players are doing it, does not mean it is not an exploit.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
while most of the time this stands true, there have been known well cases in other games where it is not a broken or bugged situation in a game that allowed such thing, but a featured that has been abused heavily in game(s). That is the term that would also consider it an exploit. That is where I am claiming the unfair practices of having benefits from GBs from eras ahead of your own era to gain an unfair advantage over the other opponents in the game. These unfair advantages come in the shape of land, military, goods, and resources. Just because some players are doing it, does not mean it is not an exploit.

As far as English language goes you are indeed correct when using the word exploit. However, in this case it is an exploit as in:
"Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)"

As our CM pointed out, in this game it is not a prohibited exploit, but it is intended game behaviour (not an exploit caused by bugs or faults in the Games' programming) ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

then players are exploiting the game the whole day

"unfair" advantages from
- getting more FP back when donating half of a level with level 80+ Arc
- getting more than 1000 goods every day from FP quests filling those GB (top players also have the Chateau at level 80+)
- making ranking points with exploiting GvG

damn I didn't have a goods building since Tomorrow on my main world
but currently having over 100k Future goods, 230k AF goods, 123k OF goods
(and already sold many of them for FP)

so I give a +1 to this idea
let only late era players exploit the game
not the players in iron age

and if a good GB is released I will build it at the first day (even if it is the first day of a new era)
doing hundreds of nonbirthday quests to get one BP and 2000 goods for it
damn: end gamers are really exploiting the game (not the iron age players with an Arc, Alcatraz and Chateau)

DeletedUser8277

the thing is, they are getting an edge
An 'edge' that is available to every player. I have many advanced GBs in my live city and I worked hard to get them. Every person playing has the ability to get BPs for higher era buildings by donation or M/Ping. Every person is able to set trades for future era's goods. Every person above IA has the ability to put FPs on higher era players GBs to pay for the goods. Every player could do what I have done because some didn't I should lose out for being a smarter player than them?

So by your logic my GBs should be turned off... Let's take a look at that..
Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 9.51.47 AM.png

My inno provides my population.... no population means no city... my entire city gets broken because of someone wining that my hard work isn't 'fair' to a lazier player?

My traz provides my military... so I can't play GvG anymore because.. same reason?

DT provides me with higher age goods I trade down to help me negotiate LVL 4 GE. Can't do that anymore I guess.

I could go on and on and on.

Essentially what you're asking for is an easy button to get all the players better than you to quit or be frozen for being better. I spent almost a year putting all my FPs into trades with people to get the buildings that I wanted and leveling the buildings them. I played the game by the rules why should I be punished for it? What about the THOUSANDS of fps I spent for the goods for those buildings? Do I get them put back on my account... which I couldn't play anyway... when my GBs get turned off?

What you are suggesting would break the cities of those who spent a very long time strategizing and actually working to improve their game.

How about every player who has more points than you gets their cities frozen as well so you can have time to catch up?

DeletedUser

damn I have an edge compared to that city
I get 49 FP from my palace sets (8 palaces, 9 eastern towers and the rest what is needed to get full bonus)

and that with luck, time (looking often at the wheel) and NO diamonds :D

should that edge turned off too ?

DeletedUser8400

As far as English language goes you are indeed correct when using the word exploit. However, it is an exploit as in: "Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)". As our CM pointed out, in this game it is not a prohibited exploit, but it is intended game behaviour (not an exploit caused by bugs or faults in the Games' programming) ;)

While the behaviour could have intentionally be meant originally as a way to progress and motivate to play further more in the game, I don't believe that they meant it to be able to hop on over 3 or 4 eras ahead of time. Like in any game that does research into technology and goes into different eras, certain things get unlocked when the player reaches that era. How can an industrial age player have technology or resources to build a highly advance structure that he or she has not researched at all? By being able to bypass the technology requirements to gain the goods and resources for such structure, does that not seem like a flaw? Let's say for the sake of the arguement, they do have the goods in their era, should they not be required to learn the technology? If the game itself runs a simulation that is inspired to some extent, on real life, then how come learning the technology not be a requirement to being able to build such gb?

DeletedUser8400

then players are exploiting the game the whole day

"unfair" advantages from
- getting more FP back when donating half of a level with level 80+ Arc
- getting more than 1000 goods every day from FP quests filling those GB (top players also have the Chateau at level 80+)
- making ranking points with exploiting GvG

damn I didn't have a goods building since Tomorrow on my main world
but currently having over 100k Future goods, 230k AF goods, 123k OF goods
(and already sold many of them for FP)

so I give a +1 to this idea
let only late era players exploit the game
not the players in iron age

and if a good GB is released I will build it at the first day (even if it is the first day of a new era)
doing hundreds of nonbirthday quests to get one BP and 2000 goods for it
damn: end gamers are really exploiting the game (not the iron age players with an Arc, Alcatraz and Chateau)

I pointed out the unfair advantages and while there's merit to what ur saying in FP's, my concerned are pointed out at the exploitation of GBs. Getting X rewards for X level of X gb is not an issue. That has never been the issue so not sure why u felt the need to point that out. Neither is fulfilling quests. The issue is being able to build GB ahead of ur era by 2 or more eras ahead of ur time.

DeletedUser

why is having a higher GB an issue ?
but donating 1000 FP in an empty GB to get 1100 FP back on an medium high GB (so about level 40-50) when having a level 80 Arc not ?
why is getting 200 goods during filling that GB on top of the 100 FP is not an issue for other who don't do that

isn't getting 100 free FP and 200 goods from filling one GB not an unfair advantage (because of having a level 80 Arc and Chateau)
that is exploiting the game (in your definition of exploit not the real "game exploit" definition)

That has never been the issue
actually that is an issue since players found out at level 30-70 of Arc you can get back more than half of the level

and having higher era GB was never an issue before you came

my concerned are pointed out at the exploitation of GBs
as I pointed out
high era players (with GB they are allowed to have according to you) are and will exploit the game because of their GBs

so why do you only want to take the exploits of low era players (trying to do the same as high era players) but letting the high era players do what they do the whole day

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Getting back to the original post, once again: As our CM pointed out, in this game it is intended game behaviour.

Reasons for the opportunity to build GB's that are actually far ahead of one's age might be:
• Generating more income (for the game) and/or
• Generating more interaction between players :
After all, being able to build such GB's will depend on buying all resources necessary AND/OR will depend on one's guildmates or friends willing to help out with such GB's (usually this involves a load of FP's and trade goods).

Whether it is a good idea to build such GB's is another question. That depends imho totally on one's play style :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.