• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Lionhead

Baronet
Without gb pushers the prints wouldnt flow. Without people running tons of quest, the rare goods in an era would be still rare. Without fighters...............I'll get back to you on that one.... My point is that we have enough useless gbs and items in the game....why make the chateau harder to use years later? The main aspects of this game should not be and is not GVG and GE. The main aspect of the game is team work and strategy.

Prints has always and will always flow, pushers or no pushers. You still get prints by aiding. And now you get prints in GE as well.
I have never come across any rare goods in an era? What are those?
I don´t exactly know what your point really is. The Chateau still works, doesn´t it? It´s not really broken if you don´t have a city set up for completing 90 quests per day.
You say the main aspects of the game is team work and strategy. Can you name any aspects of the game besides GvG and GE, where those traits are required?

DeletedUser8379

The new format has just arrived on the app, and it is terrible to use. Realy not good at all. Takes to many clicks, and the overlook is totally gone. Please go back to the old format.
When I harvest, I usally complete 4-5 quest at a time. And with the new format it takes at least twice as long.
Bad update. Go back.

DeletedUser8373

On mobile that is bad. Way bigger then necessary. And the worst: I have to click on the little book icon to check if I can abort the question or not. I know - it is written as "side quest" but still: with the amount of space that view takes it's inefficient, terribly looking and simply annoying.

DeletedUser8381

After testing this on mobile I finally created a forum account.

So you know how you guys (finally yay!!!) gave us an option to get rid of the abort confirmation? That's great! One less click per quest! And Quests go faster on mobile!

except now on mobile, we have...another click we have to do per quest we didn't have before. :confused:

On mobile, to abort a quest, we have to click on the book, deal with a "flip" animation, and THEN we can click abort. I'm not sure how others feel, but this seems worse than just having an abort confirmation.

Also, if someone is on mobile and prefers to have the abort confirmation activated (people with mobility disabilities, for instance), this means they now have twice as many clicks than the old method to abort a quest. Every. Time.

I'm just gonna go with BIG NO on that one. Especially since the scrolling in the quest overview has been added also. That's too much to do per quest for someone who does 60+ a day. And I'm a questing lightweight.

Keep the quest description behind the book click if you must, but the abort button should be easily accessible.

Last edited by a moderator:

SergeB1

Squire
OMG!
Now you, INNO, install this ugly pimple quest icon on mob.app.
10 pages of users' complains on size and usability of this icons. But you introduce absolutely the same on app.
Thank you very much, INNO, for hear and count gamers opinion!

DeletedUser5429

Hi, just tested on the app.

Inno, Inno, Inno... We have been complaining about the browser version being slow and adding clicks for pages.
And what do you do on the app? WORSE! :(:confused::eek:o_O:mad:

Now, when I get a recurring quest, I see its text only, not its rewards.
I must first accept it, then I see the rewards, and only then I can abort it.
Moreover, each step (for example only getting the new reward) seems way slower than before.
All in all, this is horrible and make recurring quests unusable.
It is so desperately f#ckingly awful that I could almost cry. WHY release such a game destroyer?!?!?!

DeletedUser8373

It looks like there's another bug. After skipping a few quests I have the green tick that doesn't want to dissapear even though I don't have any completed quest.​

DeletedUser8341

(App comments.)

I thought I had a recurring quest but can't find it now.

I like that future event quests will not have two buttons.

I do not like that I now have to click once to open the window, then swipe down to find the one I want. Better for absolute beginners, maybe, but I used to know which quest to open by the picture.

The story seems even less relevant than before. In the past, I might not have read the story on the first appearance, only bothering with the requirement. Now, it seems that I can ignore the story entirely.

Will future "do this OR do that" requirements have counters for both conditions? (E.g. Build 3 from your age or 5 from previous age but only showing one counter giving no indication of progress on the option.) THAT would be a major benefit.

The paradigm of a book with pages is fine. Even having tabs in that book is great. So how come the additional quests then go down below the page? I find many parts of FoE like this: start with one paradigm but then mess about with it so that, despite visuals or descriptors, the paradigm makes no sense and is damaged. As a (business) UI designer myself, I appreciate the difficulties but that doesn't excuse disharmonious design.

DeletedUser7779

After testing this on mobile I finally created a forum account.

So you know how you guys (finally yay!!!) gave us an option to get rid of the abort confirmation? That's great! One less click per quest! And Quests go faster on mobile!

except now on mobile, we have...another click we have to do per quest we didn't have before. :confused:

On mobile, to abort a quest, we have to click on the book, deal with a "flip" animation, and THEN we can click abort. I'm not sure how others feel, but this seems worse than just having an abort confirmation.

Also, if someone is on mobile and prefers to have the abort confirmation activated (people with mobility disabilities, for instance), this means they now have twice as many clicks than the old method to abort a quest. Every. Time.

I'm just gonna go with BIG NO on that one. Especially since the scrolling in the quest overview has been added also. That's too much to do per quest for someone who does 60+ a day. And I'm a questing lightweight.

Keep the quest description behind the book click if you must, but the bort button should be easily accessible.
Absolutely agree, it's terrible on app, way less user friendly than before and way more time consuming.....
And how are we supposed to know that we have to click on the book? I had to read that post here to figure it out....

If Inno insists on keeping that comic book design for whatever reason despite all the complaints, at least make a separate icon ONLY for the cycling quests. That will then spare us at least the painful scrolling (which is absolutely terrible). So worst case we'll have 3 Icons - Event, Story and Side quests - and they won't be overlapping or hiding anything which was Inno's main reasoning for this unwanted change.
And if you still fear left side of the screen might be too 'crowded' might as well remove the treasure hunt. Who uses that anyways? Especially now with the incidents...

DeletedUser8341

Absolutely agree, it's terrible on app, way less user friendly than before and way more time consuming.....
And how are we supposed to know that we have to click on the book? I had to read that post here to figure it out....

If Inno insists on keeping that comic book design for whatever reason despite all the complaints, at least make a separate icon ONLY for the cycling quests. That will then spare us at least the painful scrolling (which is absolutely terrible). So worst case we'll have 3 Icons - Event, Story and Side quests - and they won't be overlapping or hiding anything which was Inno's main reasoning for this unwanted change.
This makes absolute sense, though perhaps you mean
  • Story
  • Event
  • Recurring
buttons. Side Quests (what used to be called that, anyway) are a part of the story and could be under that label. Recurring quests - now confusingly being called Side Quests as well - are what needs separating.

And if you still fear left side of the screen might be too 'crowded' might as well remove the treasure hunt. Who uses that anyways? Especially now with the incidents...
Hey, at least you have Treasure Hunt! Just be glad you are not a second-class player who only has access via the app. Oh, yes, Incidents .. yes, that too would be good to be able to play despite being a second-class player.

But never mind about all players being able to play the same game: the developers have been too busy creating brand new quest windows.

DeletedUser7779

This makes absolute sense, though perhaps you mean
  • Story
  • Event
  • Recurring
buttons. Side Quests (what used to be called that, anyway) are a part of the story and could be under that label. Recurring quests - now confusingly being called Side Quests as well - are what needs separating.
That is what i meant, yes :) Just called them side quests because they are now named 'side' instead of 'recurring'.

DeletedUser8381

Hey, at least you have Treasure Hunt! Just be glad you are not a second-class player who only has access via the app. Oh, yes, Incidents .. yes, that too would be good to be able to play despite being a second-class player.

FYI, they now have incidents available on the app for the beta server. test and give feedback!

DeletedUser7942

I see a lot of posts against the new overwiev. Mostly how it´s "destroying" the recurring quests. I´ve been at the end of OF in 4 of 5 worlds I play, Beta included, for a long time so I have recurring quests both on national servers as well as here. And tbh, I haven´t felt much change in gameplay. So I´m absolutelly not opposed to this new overwiev. Not saying improvements can´t be done either.
I probably should mention that I haven´t built a recurring quest city anywhere, as I´m pretty sure, that´s not what FoE is about. I haven´t even educated myself in the best way to have a recurring quest city, which quests to skip and which to do. I usually only skip the 2 population quests and the gain 16K Happiness quest. And with anywhere between 8 and 14 production buildings, I have built-in stops at the complete 6 24hrs productions, and as mentioned haven´t experienced any notable change i gameplay national server versus Beta.
It seems to me, that with the recent announcement Devs at least are trying to make the recurring quests a more smooth experience, though in my opinion it can´t be the driving force, as this game shouldn´t revolve around a city set up for recurring quests.
This game must and should be about having a balanced city, so you and your guild can do well in what should be (still my opinion) the main aspects of this game, GvG and GE.
You can argue that GvG is dead, and this has been dicussed in numerous threads, and I tend to agree, though my guild on my main is engaged battlewise in GvG (almost) daily.
If you only do one or two quests a day you're most likely not going to notice much difference time wise, if however you put recurring questing to work as a strat then you will flip your lid at this new interface as it at least doubles the time it takes to do everything, though I haven't been able to fully test that on Live with my recurring quest city, but my initial tests and comments here show this to be the case. So why does everyone who plays this way have to have their gameplay time doubled? Could you imagine an update that doubles the time to Aid players or doubles the time for every single battle or for every single goods trade? People would go nuts like they are about this. That's what this interface did and it even seems worse for those players on mobile, I don't know because I'm Browser.

Regarding your take on game design as it relates to recurring questing I'll leave that for another forum, regardless it's part of the game and a part made worse with this interface that clearly was missed by developers for whatever reason and later somewhat corrected, though still needs to be faster just to get it up to where it was with the old system, by giving players the option to not have to confirm aborting quests every single time.

DeletedUser6447

I'm seriously considering stopping on Beta.
Not just because of this stupid new quest icon but because Inno doesn't care about our feedback.
They just don't care and do as they like..
And if this gets rolled out on the main servers I might even stop all together with the Inno Games....

DeletedUser

I just want to clarify a few things in relation to the quest overview on the app.
When we released this on browser we did listen to all of the feedback, and made some changes based on that feedback, for the browser version.
We do not then start developing the app version based on the browser changes. The app version was already developed.
This means we need feedback on the app version just as we did on the browser version, to address app specific issues, fix any bugs, and consider any improvements brought up in feedback.
Thanks all.

Fairy Lily

Steward
@Zarok Dai For the app, the one thing that bugs me is that you have to flip the quest to see what it is, and then flip it back to abort it.
Is there any way that the abort and quest could also be on the same side so there is less flipping? Other than that I actually like the screen. It takes getting used to but I am starting to enjoy the new look.