• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

I've been playing this game since 2016. During the last few weeks, mobile ads, difficult to understand events, an intensively expensive level of GE was added, and the rewards from GE levels 1-4 have been nerfed. In addition, the lack of desire to fix up any of the issues that plague GvG and I am now asking myself why I continue playing this game. I'm not coming up with any good reasons to continue.

esoterism

Squire
You might have put 20,000% défense bonus or 1,000 ressources for negociation as this is already totally crazy, making it crazier will not make any difference.
Come on, take a brain and rethink your level 5 difficulties so that normal guy could play and not only the diamond ones.

Last edited:

esoterism

Squire
The only hope remaining is that a normal INNO person read comments and reshuffle this EG5 to a normal playable level.
But is there such a people remaining at INNO? Personally I doubt.

Last edited:

zookeepers

Marquis
You might have put 20,000% défense bonus or 1,000 ressource for négociation as this is already totally crazy, making it crazier will not make any difference.
Come on take a brain and rethink your level 5 difficulties so that normal guy could play and not only the diamantés ones.
I don't think you should be able to clear encounter 80 with ease, but players who do not or cannot go to 80 should be rewarded propperly. At the current balance, its like a all or none game due to the stats of the forgotten temple.

If it lasted 56 days instead of 28, with lowered power, doing half each week would have meant something more.

esoterism

Squire
This EG5 will die as guilds will boycott it and why do EG4 to get fragments of buildings no one use? And no diams distributed anymore ?
Then EG is dead nobody will play it anymore

No need to adjust marginally the rewards or difficulties it is a drastic change needed, give back diamonds and make the 80th difficulty equal to current 65th!! Which is already very difficult.

I am so upset by this that I come here to say it knowing that it will have absolutely no effect as INNO do not bother what its customers say.
And, yes I said "customer" and not "player" as we pay disregardingly what INNO wish us to be called.

Please erase EG5 and rethink it

The guild I created 10y ago reaching level 100 in days, I will end this game as I have not found any interest in the new goals set by INNO for FOE.
They simply have killed the game for greed : ads, suppression of diamonds reward, make people mad with Guild Battlegound and now EG5!
Enough is enough!

Last edited:

esoterism

Squire
Hourah we know that messages are read as I get one erased !!! But they are useless as they will never do anything.
Everybody find their %defense and number of ressources for EG5 and the withdrawal of diamond reward silly but there is NIL correction (even reaction)..
They do not bother.
This is called feedback it should help shape the game,
It should be recalled trash as it is not used by INNO.
It is only there to let think that INNO is opened to feedback whereas they are absolutely not.
It reminds me that they are stuborn Germans and the history told us what it means.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I believe that constructive criticism can lead Inno to adapt lvl 5 by correcting design errors and that we will have a better chance of obtaining satisfaction than the eternal blackmail to boycott or stop the game.
FYI, for those who haven't understood why Inno is reducing the free diamonds, there is a very big difference between a free access game and a game where everything is free!
And if you think the grass is greener elsewhere, go ahead, I challenge you to find a game where everything is free with this quality of finish.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Some points...

> Under these conditions, saying that if you can't reach level 5 fighting, you can negotiate, it's the same as saying to a homeless person that for him to leave the street he just needs to buy a house, easy and simple.

> 40,50,60 items in one trade x 5 types x 4 attempts at best = 1,000 goods in 1 encounter? Again...

"If you can't fight, just negotiate...."
You just need to get an infinite supply of goods for it.

> 4000% (2k/2k) in the last duel?

What should we do with it? Delete the cities we built during 10 years due to the gaming meta (FPs/Attack) and spend another 10 years from now building a defense city, until we reach something close to 3,000% (1.5k/1.5k) to be able to fight at level 5?

I understand InnoGames very well, it's a company and a business, and as such it has to make a profit, but the point is... there are so many better ways of doing that, which please customers (players) more and even generate more revenue. But apparently the limited vision of the company does not allow them to change the path they are following...

Sad the direction this took, miss the FoE of 2012~2015....
#RIP_FoE

Kronan

Viceroy
Watch for Inno's highly scripted message and explanation of GE 5 - it's about 6 minutes....

It's not the corporate interview - it's the PLAYER REACTION comments. I didn't do exact math, but I'd say that of the 405 comments, 98% are firmly net negative. Net negative means that there were just 2% "glimmer of light and hope" comments to balance the remaining deep player negativity.

Never have seen such overwhelming vocally-unified polarity on something done here in years of playing.

Astrid

Baronet
What should we do with it? Delete the cities we built during 10 years due to the gaming meta (FPs/Attack) and spend another 10 years from now building a defense city, until we reach something close to 3,000% (1.5k/1.5k) to be able to fight at level 5?
Let's not exaggerate. The Phantom Tower and the Panda Shrine are extremely powerful buildings that provide both types of army bonuses that will let you up your stats in a few months. And guess what, that Buccaneer's Bounty is coming as a daily special in the summer event and while it's an one year old building, it's a killer for GE5. We have plenty of really really good buildings incoming.

So far several players from my guild finished GE5. Some negotiated, some stacked tens' of blue defensive potions to beat the encounters. First when they learned about the details of GE5 they were highly disappointed but as they started to progress they started to enjoy it. More and more follow and are quite interested in both the Forgotten Temple and the Serpent. We are also levelling up our newly added Saint Basil's.

Obviously, everyone is disappointed by the diamond nerf, but that's another discussion.

But the idea remains, we are already adapting, for advanced players is obviously more easier than beginners, but we are getting there.

Kronan

Viceroy
This is nothing more than an attempt to flip people to an area of the game that most people have justifiably neglected. JUSTIFYABLY.

Many would soften their aversion if this was a game concept we could build towards. A parallel track to OFFENSE GE. But instead, it was bolted on to an ATTACK venue as an afterthought. Cheap cost, and disruptive.

Oh - did I fail to mention it EXCLUDES a HUGE number of players, too? It does. I can play OLD GE 1-4 in the IRON AGE, with a combination of fighting and negotiation.

I can't go near GE 5, with either skill. I'm excluded.

I can't join a guild that requires me to finish GE 5, but I COULD have joined a guild that required me to finish the OLD GE 1-4 in the Iron Age each week.

As newbies - we all attempted the task of building a defensive army, but after repeated failures for it to help stop attacks, we collectively designed a "think outside the box" solution for ourselves (and told our friends and newbies).

If you think people are going back to building up their city defense for a SINGLE level of GE, after spending years on the other 7 fighting venues where the money and time they DID spend will yield positive results for their game, I'd ask for what your smoking, because it's pretty potent.

The reason people aren't taking the bait on this, and there is such a powerful and decisive pushback is because many people don't just blindly eat what's served for dinner because it's on INNO's menu.

I maintain that after this novelty wears off, and if NOTHING we've asked for gets taken into consideration (which isn't radical), this will drop like the stone it is, and lay on the bottom.

Of course, there will always be some so addicted to this game, that they will change their city - because INNO said to do so. I'm not one of them.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
All I remember from the video, apart from self-satisfaction is:
- Inno is convinced of the usefulness of his fortresses. But have they tested their game a bit without their cheated accounts?
- and above all, that the use of defense in EG is a first step... I fear the worst!

Often I read that this game becomes a "Pay to win" but I still have not understood after 10 years of play what is the condition to "win".

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
Of course, there will always be some so addicted to this game, that they will change their city - because INNO said to do so. I'm not one of them.
The thing is, you have, unless you've only been playing a very short time. Originally, we were all building just from the tech tree. Some of us used diamonds to buy fancier versions of tech tree buildings. Coins, supplies, goods, and military, with building types for each. Then the events started. Now, unless you're still building from the build menu in the present day, you've already done what Inno's 'said to do' by changing your city to suit the myriad event buildings that've been added to the game over the years, even as new 'types' of event buildings come to replace older ones. I still remember when all the 'best' cities had nothing but dozens of SoKs lining their streets. Today, SoKs are barely fit to be used as filler when nothing else is available. After all of this power creep and the changes/additions that have been made to the game over the years, this is the one where you're going to draw a line in the sand? Why?