• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Another "thought" ... not really on-topic, althought one feature in FoE "can" influence another feature, isn't it? So :

Inno created the PvP Arena.
Well, I'm afraid (for Inno!) that if GE5 comes to life like it is with high defenders boost, the PvP Arena will bleed (totally?) and comes to a final(?) end.
Maybe you ask me why that I think so?
Imagine players start to boost their defending army a lot and sacrifice a part of their boost for attacking army...you get the picture?
  • you need to win battles in PvP Arena with your boost for attacking army, which you lost because of GE5 needs
  • you also meet defending armies in PvP with a lot of more attack & defense boost for their defending army!
  • you can't see the combo of the defender, so if you dare to start a fight you need to choose two options : surrender or try to win and loosing a lot of units...
  • And this defending army is many times with units of higher Age(s) than the player is currently in!
My suggestion for PvP Arena, IF GE5 high defenders boost stay like it is now ...
1) make the defenders armies "visible ...OR
2) make it IMpossible for players to place units that are above their current Age ! That way you can plan better what to expect.

Maybe I'm now wrong on this, can be, but this suggestion will not only make FoE more interesting, it can probably make or break one of the two features : GE L5 or PvP Arena !

Emberguard

Emperor
Am I the only one producing more than 2,000 goods per day between my buildings and my recurring?
Not everyone has an interest in having to do recurring quests as a playstyle.

Even if you have that playstyle, you are still relying on something you have limited control over. Recurring Quests can stop appearing for various reasons. We take it for granted we know enough to prevent this from occurring for any extended period of time, but this is mostly based on assumptions that we have no real way of finding out if we’re overlooking something until it’s too late.

Having it a requirement to do recurring quests does mean if you’re unable to access your recurring quests for any reason you’re going to be unable to keep up

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Having it a requirement to do recurring quests does mean if you’re unable to access your recurring quests for any reason you’re going to be unable to keep up
Not only is this a false problem because it is only at the beginning of the change of age that we have no recurrences (except in the first ages where our main concern is to improve not to finish the GE 5) but without the recurring ones, I still produce 1,500 goods per day.
Again, you want to get it all right the first time without ever compromising your playstyle.
When you choose a particular style of play, you have to accept that you won't be able to achieve everything, that you are voluntarily making dead ends.
If you want to succeed in everything, you can only focus your city and your management on the % attack, you have to know how to manage your space and your productions.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Inno a créé l'arène PvP.
Eh bien, j'ai bien peur (pour Inno !) que si GE5 prend vie avec un boost de défenseurs élevés, l'arène PvP saignera (totalement ?) et s'arrêtera définitivement (?).
Peut-être que vous me demandez pourquoi je pense ainsi?
Il faut aussi tenir compte du fait que dans l'arène, plus nos bonus défensifs sont élevés, moins nous marquons de points par victoire....
J'ai testé en déconnectant les 2 Go défensifs ; les 3 combats proposés étaient à 461/276/154 points, ils sont passés à 466/280/157.
Donc avec 65/65% de bonus en moins je gagne 5/461 soit plus de 1% de points en plus.

augmenter les bonus défensifs vous fera perdre des points dans l'arène !

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
I love it when the mob gets rowdy with the overlords for blatant injustices! On another note i never knew so many people were so passionate about GE. For me its just 10-15 minutes every Tuesday morning to knock out 64.

Emberguard

Emperor
Not only is this a false problem because it is only at the beginning of the change of age that we have no recurrences
Not true. There are other instances you can lose recurring quests, even if those other conditions are rarer they do still exist. It is possible to be at the end of a Age, have no recurring quests until you age up and also no stock of your current age

Depending the recurring quests : do not forget new players
1) they do not immediately know about the Chateau Frontenaq ...
2) if they know, they've to first get the CF Goods and build this GB up. If that new player like to be a fighter, Zeus, CoA and CdM they go first for, then probably Arc and ToR ...
But on-topic : even if I decded to be a trader (and not a fighter), negotiating all GE levels every week, is that possible? Plus, if I'm a trader and wish to negotiate also in GBG .... how many Goods do I need each week? I'm not sure, because I'm, let's say, for 95% a fighter. I'm sure not against negotiating...I did it already many times and this mini-master mind game can even be fun for me. But the fact stays : let it cost 10 goods for each "person" you give some Goods don't make it more thrilling ....

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On another note i never knew so many people were so passionate about GE.
My guild can't do GvG, there is a large majority of players on the phone, we can't have fun in GbG either, we are not numerous enough not to be stuck in the 1,000 LP league and too efficient to stay in platinum or low diamond league.
So we are left with only the GEs to have fun together, depending on each other for chocolate medals that bring nothing but immense pleasure to play together.
It is therefore normal that I defend my gaming pleasure just as I will not shed any tears when Inno removes GvGs.

Beta567

Baronet
Urban legend or can you specify where this happens so I can check?
There is a point on the Continental map. I believe that is Indy map. If you are in HMA or below I believe you can lose your rec quests until you age up to LMA. It is the case for those who want to sit in lower ages longer.
And if I'm not mistaken there is another point further in the progress. I can't remember where exactly.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Thank you beta567, hence the emberguard quote which does not repeat "except in the first ages where our main concern is to improve not to finish the GE 5"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It seems to me that GE5 could be something to make the space colonies worthwhile. Despite the penalty on all my fights, having to deal with keen eye. Sure it works both ways but from my experience in SAJM and previous space ages, it's more frustratingly punishing. Still not sold on the thought to transform into a hybrid: warrior-trader or like I like to see it more, an opportunity fighter.

Urban legend or can you specify where this happens so I can check?
Not urban legend. One of my IA towns is at the end of the Indy C-Map. The only two quests that I have are "Poison in the Well" (a story quest) and "enemy Propaganda" (a bonus quest). No recurring quests. Both of my available quests require researching a tech that unlocks a cultural building which means I have to age up to move on.

Tempestas

Squire
It's not that I hate fragments (I don't love them) is that the fragments produce garbage. Why even complete GE L3? To get to GE L4? But I didn't get in diamonds in GE L4. This is garbage. I want diamonds at every level and some of the prizes need to be of value to more than beginning players.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Not urban legend. One of my IA towns is at the end of the Indy C-Map.
Either you didn't understand that I was excluding early ages from my finding, or you're saying IND is an advanced age.
Personally, I consider all ages without refined goods to be just ages of beginners or campers who take on the inconvenience.

It's not that I hate fragments (I don't love them) is that the fragments produce garbage. Why even complete GE L3? To get to GE L4? But I didn't get in diamonds in GE L4. This is garbage. I want diamonds at every level and some of the prizes need to be of value to more than beginning players.
You've a point about the changed rewards ... Inno had better never touched the rewards of GE L1-4.
I play GE because of being in a "Guild" ! I play for the guild, no matter how small or big the Guild Power is that we get as guild after GE week is over. Being a "team player" also give satisfaction, not only the rewards (luckely!) ...but I speak for myself, of course. I can imagine some players only play GE for the rewards? But then Inno better re-name Guild Expedition to "Expedition" :p

Emberguard

Emperor
Thank you beta567, hence the emberguard quote which does not repeat "except in the first ages where our main concern is to improve not to finish the GE 5"
A lot of players camp. Just because someone is earlier in the ages doesn’t mean they weren’t going to try GE5 via recurring quests. It’s a team effort, not just for Space Ages.

Either you didn't understand that I was excluding early ages from my finding, or you're saying IND is an advanced age.
Personally, I consider all ages without refined goods to be just ages of beginners or campers who take on the inconvenience.
I wouldn’t get too comfortable thinking Recurring Quests disappearing are “only in the first ages” just because you’re in Space.

If it already happens for balancing reasons in the first half of the game then there is nothing stopping it from happening or being heavily restricted in a new age. You said it yourself, you’re better developed as a space age player without recurring quests.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I say above all that everything is a question of choice with the consequences that this implies, but perhaps my English does not have the level to have explained it clearly.

Just like I'm not going to cry when an LMA camper complains that they're running out of expansions or that the titan age is slow to arrive. Everyone knowingly chooses the advantages and disadvantages of their situation and changes if the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.