• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice2haveu

Baronet
The number on the button only indicates the cost for starting a game. You need one ticket for that.
blurring out ticket symbol in start button will gives the feel correctly when no tickets available (it doesn't denotes currently you needed tickets without clicking the start button - it's self explanatory but still if needed improvement means we can bring the blur/inactive design effect)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
hmmm. OK - would it ever be more than 1 to start a game? I'll go with that, if that's the way it's coded. I hope it's not confusing to others.

Thanks @Juber :)
Well, you need an indicator for what is used. This is why the ticket symbol is there. You may think, that it might take all tickets or more than one, so the 1 is added to indicate it only costs 1. Of course if you know that it feels redundant, but if you don't it is a very valuable information :)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
blurring out ticket symbol in start button will gives the feel correctly when no tickets available (it doesn't denotes currently you needed tickets without clicking the start button - it's self explanatory but still if needed improvement means we can bring the blur design effect)
You mean disabling the button? This won't happen, since it forwards you to the shop to easily buy more tickets :)

nice2haveu

Baronet
You mean disabling the button? This won't happen, since it forwards you to the shop to easily buy more tickets :)
not disabling the button, only ticket icon inside the button to represent no tickets (kind of black and white ticket to show tickets not available yet)

Kronan

Viceroy
@Juber - I suspected that was a possible implementation as the design, but wasn't sure. In summary: The ticket and the 1 on the START button is a COST to run the minigame, not the count of remaining tickets. Understand and - you don't have to change it, I just thought it might be an error.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I fear that will not be really noticeable. ^^
start_button_ticket_inactive.png
This was the effect, which myself mentioning and no need that number '1' explicitly need to be displayed also with this effect. If the ticket is active, play the game by clicking the start button, if not active go for purchase dialog by clicking start button like as usual and once ticket available, the ticket icon gets active again.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
View attachment 9156
This was the effect, which myself mentioning and no need that number '1' explicitly need to be displayed also with this effect. If the ticket is active, play the game by clicking he start button, if not active go for purchase dialog by clicking start like as usual and once ticket available ticket icon gets active again.
Doing it like this might also indicate, that you can start it for free, since the cost is grayed out.
UI Design is not easy, so I think the current solution is the best we can currently have :)

CrashBoom

Legend
@Juber
in the building list in the announcement
for Golden Panda Statue
it says:
Required Fragments for
One Up Kit
: 30

but it needs 150

Just got to the end of the non-daily quests (plus, I assume, one or two daily quests from today) with the message to wait until the reset tomorrow. The problem is that I've done only 32 quests. There are 23 more to go (55 total), but only 20 days left in the event?

Also, the last 3 quests I did were exactly the same: exchange items in the antiques dealer (or finish some large # of 4 hour productions) and spend 57 forge points.

Side note: At this point, I have 6 tickets after all of that.

6 at the same time ?

then you should use them
it only generates new ones when you have less than 4
Yes, at the same time. I'd forgotten that they regenerate - thanks. I was waiting until there was something I wanted for the daily prize. Ah well.

Edit: So I'm using the tickets, but I need more boosts. After all those quests, I have 680 coins. The big package is 1230, and even the small package is 660. It looks like there's going to be no way to get the big package at all during the event without spending diamonds. I don't remember that from previous years.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Doing it like this might also indicate, that you can start it for free, since the cost is grayed out.
UI Design is not easy, so I think the current solution is the best we can currently have :)
Okay understood, start button label will confuse them if ticket icon gets grayed out, since purchase dialog logic is used in start button too.
But UI design is very easy to do with what. It's very simple. Believe Me. Since you mentioned, currently players gets the feel of starting the game, but buying ticket window gets opened.
How about this,
buy_ticket.png
start_button.png
it solved the confusion rite, based on ticket availability button label and icon gets adjusted.
Just a thought, if it is not implemented also fine for me. But avoids the confusion for someone.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
interesting: GEx level 5 doesn't count to event quests

quest 24: solve encounters with fighting / negotiating --> both autocompleted

I have done 64 but not started level 5 yet
that is the behaviour when GEx ended after 64
so just like level 5 wouldn't exist

but now I am actually not finished with GEx because I could do it in level 5

:rolleyes:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
interesting: GEx level 5 doesn't count to event quests

quest 24: solve encounters with fighting / negotiating --> both autocompleted

I have done 64 but not started level 5 yet
that is the behaviour when GEx ended after 64
so just like level 5 wouldn't exist

but now I am actually not finished with GEx because I could do it in level 5

:rolleyes:
This is intended behaviour. As the 5th level is very difficult it was decided to count quests like these as solved when you finished level 4.
But I do not understand that smiley. Does this have any negative effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.