• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

CrashBoom

Legend
What a heap of crap this event is.
Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:

• Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Ted's Choc sounds sus." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.

percePan

Farmer
To throw my opinion in the mix: I'm happy with the Winter Event overall. With that said, I did not see anything worth spending diamonds on in the Elves' Workshop. It is mostly little things that are fairly easy to acquire anyway for a regular player. Maybe less gift slots with better prizes? Just a thought!

Finkadel

Marquis
I don't know what is actually that Elves' Workshop, just saying by these screensavers that it is not as reindeers' sleigh at all... Like: I didn't go for it for 3k diaxes last years and now it seem to be split between lesser amounts of diaxes...

Did I mention, that while I really like fragments, I hate those useless crappy bottles...? I think I forgot to mention that. Bottles are crap. I consider them to be punishment rather than reward.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Why is Parlor Car now a frag piece? Really no need to for a 4 year old Train Set with a 2 year old addon car, to be a Frag now. The game is now overdosing on Frags. Temp Bldgs, Usable Items, those are all fine going the Frag route... but spec buildings shouldn't be fragmented. Reason being by the time you get the frags the spec building will mostly likely will be even more outdated than it already is. oh well back to not finding a Key.....

Ironrooster

Baronet
Why is Parlor Car now a frag piece? Really no need to for a 4 year old Train Set with a 2 year old addon car, to be a Frag now. The game is now overdosing on Frags. Temp Bldgs, Usable Items, those are all fine going the Frag route... but spec buildings shouldn't be fragmented. Reason being by the time you get the frags the spec building will mostly likely will be even more outdated than it already is. oh well back to not finding a Key.....
It reduces the number of grand prizes you get and unless you spend diamonds you won't get enough in the grand prize line to complete one in this event.

I feel like the main event building is pretty decent, but the other prizes have a higher proportion of junk than past events.

What a heap of crap this event is.
I could do without the random gift board as it's gotten quite stale, but I'll be making room for the event building in my live city. The main event building is pretty good, but the secondary event building that the main generates pieces of are excellent.

Mikef4

Farmer
So not sure how the calculations work out to get enough upgrades to get the top level main prize. excluding any stars from incidents, currently on 465 stars with 26 days remaining of daily 10 stars and 15 stars per event quest so 25 per day = 650 more stars plus 50 for the next bonus stage = 1165 stars in total over the event. 10 stars per match and an average of 2 lights per match = = 234 lights. for top level you need to get to 340 lights for the 9 upgrades on top of the base nd event stage upgrade. are Inno saying burn diamonds is the only way to get the top level building?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I have now updated the announcement and added some information. If you notice anything important missing, please write it here, thank you!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
almost every reward is in fragments now. Yesterday, I saw Rogues Hideout fragments too.
I feel very bad for new players, I would not have enough patience for this bs to raise a decent city
I wonder if this is an A/B test. I haven't seen fragments of daily specials yet other than the screenshots in this thread. And considering this is a pretty stingy event for daily specials, i don't really see why they'd feel the need to piss people off like that.

I *do* see fragments in the grand prize listing which are also rather dumb. Your average player completing the main event building will pick up 5-10 parlor car fragments that'll rot taking up a spot as inventory clutter for a full year, because fragments of a parlor car aren't going to be things you keep getting throughout the year. Also 5 wishing well fragments spread across 2 grand prizes as well - at least that one you'll get more elsewhere, but since when is a third of a wishing well deserving of being not one but *two* grand prizes.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Next thing we know, the fragments for a chest with fragments will be introduced...o_O imho they're useful to make some buildings and items rare or making it possible to producing them in a consonant but slow rate. Beyond that... I think the use of fragments on old chain building's parts is not a good idea unless they've been massively buffed. I'm still trying to figure out why they thought it was a good idea.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
In the Winter Event, getting the Shuffle in a present will now also provide an Elf for your Elves' Gifts!

There really needs to be a way to either disable the Elves' Gift popup or have it disabled by default if it's full. Similar to how it worked during the Summer Event would be perfect. Getting rewards from Shuffle should be a good thing, but if it always opens the Elves' Gifts window I would consider it a negative addition for me personally :/