• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

King Flush

Marquis
but what if this was too late :rolleyes:

and InnoGames only thinking about the cap at 4 or 5 camps ?
and won't remove it totally anymore
then it will be a travesty! but you asked as to why people haven't been on here till now, suggesting the likely reasons for that.

Amdira

Baronet
just wondering:
why didn't the 229 no-voters from here didn't vote against it there o_O
the mentioned poll is from 2019, just short after gbg started at beta and nobody could imagine how it would work out within the next years.
If there were similar threads or even polls at the German forum - maybe - I can only speak for myself - I try to avoid it if not really necessary, because ppl become personal there much quicker than here and a discussion with an uncommon opinion is almost impossible.

HunZ95

Squire
Why always misquote and turn arguments
Please think a little bit more , they have a limit of 4h time lock , so that means they also come free 6 times a day because a day has 24h , and when i play at night i always see some activity to because some players maybe only have time to fight at that time, so whenever you jump in you always have the opportunity to fight at every moment of the day , ai ai no i forgot except if everyting is blocked by two guilds sharing the map and swapping leaving nothing for the others.
I don't like false claims.
You may not agree with its extent, but even then it is not unlimited.
Let's argue with real data, I think everyone is better off that way.
daily approx. 11000 battles can be achieved with 5 or more camps if only 2 guilds own the map. In a top guild, a player can achieve a maximum of many battles at night, because there is a lot of activation during the day.
So 1/3 of the battles are fought by guilds without penalty, and a fraction of that goes to 1-1 players And this is the best case scenario that doesn't always happen.

jovada

Regent
I don't like false claims.
You may not agree with its extent, but even then it is not unlimited.
Let's argue with real data, I think everyone is better off that way.
daily approx. 11000 battles can be achieved with 5 or more camps if only 2 guilds own the map. In a top guild, a player can achieve a maximum of many battles at night, because there is a lot of activation during the day.
So 1/3 of the battles are fought by guilds without penalty, and a fraction of that goes to 1-1 players And this is the best case scenario that doesn't always happen.
Pfff ok 1/3th of battles without penalty that is 3500 free fights right? So how many free rewards you receive on 3500 fights with no effort of attrition.

always trying to counter but never give an answer for example

foe corrected the billions of rankingpoints farming exploited by leveling GB
foe corrected the exploit of pointfarming in GvG by making champions obsolete there.
foe corrected the exploit of recurring quests by limiting them.
foe correct the exploit of massive reward and pointfarming obtained with no attrition in GbG

For those arguments they mostly are blind and never give a response hahaha

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
We are on the beta forum. This is where players test out the various features and then give their feedback. What can the vote of a player be worth who has not tested anything and who has registered only to influence a vote ?
If someone was to tell me that I was going to a sharp kick in the privates I wouldn't need to give it a try first to know it would hurt

Kev-

Farmer
You know there is a difference between assumptions and facts right ??????
OK Fact....................this Nerf will make it harder for Junior players who only fight to low Attrition no conjecture no debate about this its a unfortunate Fact.
Second Fact weak Guild will still be weak Guilds but they will as stated previously be unable to get a team together and break out due to the lack of support to extend there fights. 10 or 12 active players within a 24hr period aren't going to get to get beyond the starting blocks before they're out of attrition again a unfortunate fact do the maths.
Third Fact the big Guilds won't be able to carry Junior or part time players as they do now so you'll find these guys offloaded for more senior active fighters ending up with a few "Super Guilds" which will make the odds even more unbalanced and Junior players nowhere to grow and be nurtured as is the case now.
Forth Fact look at the activity within your own Guild unless your all farmers who don't fight (if so why are you antagonising people here?), be it 1.9 threads swap threads activity dies off between GBG rounds because there isn't the influx of rewards to drive city development. Hardly healthy or conducive to the rapid growth of Junior Guild members.

I could continue but can't be bothered I'll sit back, go back to my usual server and make a decision if this nerf goes live regards deleting my city. In the mean time I'll continue Auto fighting to 120Att or thereabouts and then call it a day as I do now.

Just like foe sometimes gives shopping bonus, buy diamonds now and receive 50% more , sometimes even 100% or 200% more.

But like i said i will not have free hamburgers all day long like you have free rewards all day long without attrition
The rewards are only free to a few people that spent a lot of time and sometimes money to set up there city to get there. Even then it isn't free they still have to take the time to be on the computer every 4 hours and do a monotonous task for quite some time. I find it interesting you are arguing about the analogy. There are some things that you get for free at every restaurant you go to. Salt, pepper, free drinks at many places,etc. The point is free attrition is the hook for gbg that gets people to spend a ton of time and money doing it. Inno has a tough task, the makers of a 'free to play game' have to figure out how to get people to pay money to support the free portion of the game. Free attrition is the hook that gets players in the door.

I returned to the guild to see how it works. I'm terrified after 5 days. If in the early days there was still some sense in this, now it is completely lost. Provinces are open for days. Flags hang for days. Siege camps are built messy. It feels like everyone has lost interest in this entertainment. I hope this is because summer and that the gaming activity on beta has never been high. But if such a situation is a result of the rebalance being discussed, then it is worse PVP arena. This is much worse than the PVP arena! 18,000 guild prestige points are not tied to the PVP arena...
What you are describing is what GBG usually looks like every season in all but L1000 Diamond in the live worlds I play on.

King Flush

Marquis
Pfff ok 1/3th of battles without penalty that is 3500 free fights right? So how many free rewards you receive on 3500 fights with no effort of attrition.

always trying to counter but never give an answer for example

foe corrected the billions of rankingpoints farming exploited by leveling GB
foe corrected the exploit of pointfarming in GvG by making champions obsolete there.
foe corrected the exploit of recurring quests by limiting them.
foe correct the exploit of massive reward and pointfarming obtained with no attrition in GbG

For those arguments they mostly are blind and never give a response hahaha
how much effort is required to earn rewards from other methods? please answer. not that I agree with your thoughts that high GBG earners do so without effort as I think there is very few that manage this like I've said before even those few that do literally just go for free fights their effort will still be greater than those that gather FP's from other means now this is fact.
You can snipe a GB and earn 1000FP+ in less than 10 seconds, obviously this is an extreme example but so is it an extreme example that you are using for your cause. Not to mention that sniping requires no or little effort in city development up your Arc to maximise your sniping profit and that's all that's required so it really does make me laugh when you make statements like that.

Last edited:
I ask again - why not just make this change restricted to platinum/diamond league...? I know when I was soloing in bronze, it was way too expensive to even buy one camp the entire session with a level 80 ark.

If someone was to tell me that I was going to a sharp kick in the privates I wouldn't need to give it a try first to know it would hurt
That's because you had previously been kicked in the privates and knew. from experience, that it hurts. Otherwise, your "knowledge" is nothing more than an ungrounded assertion (i.e. a "guess"). I'm pretty sure that INNO could not care less about ungrounded assertions. Instead, they want responses based on actual player experiences. You are not helping your cause by refusing to participate in actual testing.

King Flush

Marquis
That's because you had previously been kicked in the privates and knew. from experience, that it hurts. Otherwise, your "knowledge" is nothing more than an ungrounded assertion (i.e. a "guess"). I'm pretty sure that INNO could not care less about ungrounded assertions. Instead, they want responses based on actual player experiences. You are not helping your cause by refusing to participate in actual testing.
no never been kicked in the privates nor have I had my hand chopped off which likewise wouldn't need for it to happen to think it might not be a pleasurable experience.