• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

HunZ95

Squire
But one time you say guild and another time you say individual player.

There are 1440 minutes in a day , let us say you are active all day long and can play 900 minutes total (because several time a day sectors will be locked 4h)
Your guild has 40 strong players and let us say 5 whales play a day long exploiting as many 0 attrition as they can , each during 2h (120mintes x5=600minutes) leaving 300 minutes for the other 35 players, 10 players do nothing so 300minutes : 25= 12 minutes you allow the other guildmates to fight.

Of course this example is just a theorie and means nothing, just like saying it's the dead of GbG when nothing is really tested on live, we can go on and on then with speculations.
I think you also know that those who are only waiting for a 0 attritions battle are basically excluding themselves from 2/3 of the battles on the map.
0 playing demos is not typical for my servers. But let's say there are some players who come at night in the hope of many battles to change sectors on the entire map, they have to attack the sectors with 2 and 3 camps in the same way, otherwise the sector exchange with the other guild will not take place, so the next day less 5 camps sector would have for 0 attrition battle.
So it's quite complicated to play for 0 attrition, and a normally functioning guild won't tolerate those who only play for that. Only those with smaller cities are spared, but they have to change units much more often, so they do not gain a significant advantage.

Again a good amount of rewards for 200 or 300 fights is not enough , it must be endless with not attrition , and you are sure it has nothing to do with greed?
Another popular program that everyone knows about. Pizza Hut bookit. They give kids a free personal pizza for reading books. Do you think Pizza Hut is after hooking the kids and parents on their pizza(greed) or are they just solely out to encourage reeding. I would say that The free family friendly environment is another free item they give to get people interested in their product. Just like free attrition is a tool INNO has used to make their product attractive.

PackCat

Squire
I'm sorry to spoil your dream but the only way that a lower level player (say #8000 with 1MM points) was going to catchup with a higher ranked player (say #800 with 100MM points) is for the higher ranked player to quit playing. I'm #261 on my main world. Recently, my ranking score has been increasing about 1MM per day. Meanwhile, the top ranked players are advancing at 5X-10X my rate AND this is with GBG. The change to SCs won't make any difference. Lower ranked players will not be able to catch up to active high ranked players. Who would play a game where this was possible?
All the more reason to get to the latest Age where points are worth more.

Another popular program that everyone knows about. Pizza Hut bookit. They give kids a free personal pizza for reading books. Do you think Pizza Hut is after hooking the kids and parents on their pizza(greed) or are they just solely out to encourage reeding. I would say that The free family friendly environment is another free item they give to get people interested in their product. Just like free attrition is a tool INNO has used to make their product attractive.
I'm truly sorry that you think community service activities are performed exclusively for selfish reasons. Sad.

Separately, looking at the battle curves for your cities on the US server it's clear that free attrition hasn't been enough to get you interested in GBG. I submit that the changes to SC/WT will have very little impact on you.

HunZ95

Squire
A válasz nyilvánvaló, azt hiszem. A mechanika nem változott. A 4 órás időzítők nem változtak. A térképen szereplő tartományok száma nem változott. Ha a céh dominálni akar, akkor ugyanezt a feladatot kell elvégeznie. Csak a koordináció lesz most nehezebb. Hacsak... hacsak nem üti meg annyira a játékosközösséget, hogy teljesen elveszti érdeklődését a GBG iránt. Akkor olyan lesz, mint most a bétánál: senki nem fog játszani.
It can't be the same, because that would require many more players in 1 guild.
Small guilds can't fill the void left by big guilds, so the owners just sit on the sectors for most of the day, and small guilds will still be able to pound their sector on the coast for hours, assuming that the big guilds won't be malicious and installed with a trap, which also significantly absorbs them compared to the current state.

Yekk

Viceroy
Nobody ?
Because you really believe that those who are less impacted by this update will stop everything?
If professional guilds shut down GbGs, then average guilds will get the lion's share.
Average guilds had problems reaching the other side of the map before this change. Small Arcs means small treasuries. Building on only a few tiles if any. I am no longer in a platinum guild on beta. I would like to see the maps from a few of those leagues. 2-3 "greedy" (sarcasm) guild leaders would do most of the early fights. Well till they reached 20-30 att. Then a few members of the guild would do a few as they have no troops to do more. Rinse and repeat tomorrow. Boring as heck... Hmm like what we have now

Beta King

Viceroy
But one time you say guild and another time you say individual player.

There are 1440 minutes in a day , let us say you are active all day long and can play 900 minutes total (because several time a day sectors will be locked 4h)
Your guild has 40 strong players and let us say 5 whales play a day long exploiting as many 0 attrition as they can , each during 2h (120mintes x5=600minutes) leaving 300 minutes for the other 35 players, 10 players do nothing so 300minutes : 25= 12 minutes you allow the other guildmates to fight.

Of course this example is just a theorie and means nothing, just like saying it's the dead of GbG when nothing is really tested on live, we can go on and on then with speculations.
The problem INNO faces with live testing is when people leave there is no re-do's, they are gone for good...

jovada

Regent
The problem INNO faces with live testing is when people leave there is no re-do's, they are gone for good...
You say when people leave , but i really doubt many will leave

Even with attrition limited to 66.6% a lot of those who call themselves fighters can do 300 to 350 fights a day, and that gives you in general about a 150 rewards , in every graphic since months you see that a third of these rewards is 10 fp so that gives you still a 500 fp extra a day + the other rewards.

Seems to me that is still interesting to play GbG

jovada

Regent
These are the rewards for 388 battles, Oh and guess what the 3 extra camps i bought to put in one sector (150 diamonds) are payed back and i even gain 50 diamonds , or i'm the really lucky always , or all those who say that inno will loose diamonds because they will not pay camps anymore are really unlucky and never gain diamonds.

Attachments

• rewards.jpg
    rewards.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 18

Yekk

Viceroy
You say when people leave , but i really doubt many will leave

Even with attrition limited to 66.6% a lot of those who call themselves fighters can do 300 to 350 fights a day, and that gives you in general about a 150 rewards , in every graphic since months you see that a third of these rewards is 10 fp so that gives you still a 500 fp extra a day + the other rewards.

Seems to me that is still interesting to play GbG
300 fights = having 100 attrition... but only if you cherry pick 66% tiles... sorry but only a select few players can and will do that consistently. Most top out at 60-80 att where their troop losses exceed what they produce... so at most 180 fights since not all tiles will be 66% TRY AGAIN as that was a swing and a miss

But @jovada, just think what you could have gotten if you were able to fight with zero attrition (sorry, my sarcasm font isn't working right now). 520 FPs and 200 diamonds is a good haul. Thanks for sharing.

Again a good amount of rewards for 200 or 300 fights is not enough , it must be endless with not attrition , and you are sure it has nothing to do with greed?
Another popular program that everyone knows about. Pizza Hut bookit. They give kids a free personal pizza for reading books. Do you think Pizza Hut is after hooking the kids and parents on their pizza(greed) or are they just solely out to encourage reeding. I would say that The free family friendly environment is another free item they give to get people interested in their product. Just like free attrition is a tool INNO has used to make their product attractive
I'm truly sorry that you think community service activities are performed exclusively for selfish reasons. Sad.

Separately, looking at the battle curves for your cities on the US server it's clear that free attrition hasn't been enough to get you interested in GBG. I submit that the changes to SC/WT will have very little impact on you.
I am the one of those restaurant owners that is giving free food away for community service. The point was specifically the individual owner that started that program did it soley for community service and as it became corporate wide it became a way to generate revenue. Plus i do not think the kid getting the free pizza is not doing it out of greed like was suggested. I am ranked number 19 in carthage the only world I am doing gbg in at moment. This change will affect guilds like mine more than any others. Because it will reduce our ability for attrition free fights for rewards and for initial conquering of sectors.

Please follow the comments back to the original comment with solutions. I speak of these things from someone who makes a living on selling a bunch of $10 things just like inno has too.
My original point was that seige camps are like mcdonalds hamburgers. Inno and McDonald's have sold tons of them. The response was that they don't give the hamburgers for free. That isn't even true because sometimes they do. And with monopoly game and others they even give some big monetary prizes as well. I don't appreciate being attacked for both my real life activities and for my style of play in this line of responses. I gave well thought out ideas in the original post that took into account all playing styles. You choose to attack me personally?

300 fights = having 100 attrition... but only if you cherry pick 66% tiles... sorry but only a select few players can and will do that consistently. Most top out at 60-80 att where their troop losses exceed what they produce... so at most 180 fights since not all tiles will be 66% TRY AGAIN as that was a swing and a miss
So, they get 180 fights. That's about 300 FPs and 100 diamonds. Then they can switch to negotiations for what, another 20 (50?). A player capable of 60 attrition may need to level up CF more and spin some RQs for more goods. I don't nego GBG now but it's because I don't like to nego, not because I'm short on goods. The change to SC/WT will likely make some adjustments to play style necessary. Is that a bad thing?

jovada

Regent
That is not a swing and miss,,

I wrote the players who called themselves fighter , (read the 50 pages of yelling , we worked hard to raise our att/def, the others are lazy because they can't do as many fights we do, the others are jealous) if they can't do 300 fights planning with the 66.6% attrition (that's the same way they operate to profit maximum of 0 attrition now) then was all that yelling only bragging?
And yes most other players will not reach that , but they did'nt reach it know also , so i suggest players to still work on att/def cause it is not useless and it is not for nothing like some says.

Another popular program that everyone knows about. Pizza Hut bookit. They give kids a free personal pizza for reading books. Do you think Pizza Hut is after hooking the kids and parents on their pizza(greed) or are they just solely out to encourage reeding. I would say that The free family friendly environment is another free item they give to get people interested in their product. Just like free attrition is a tool INNO has used to make their product attractive

I am the one of those restaurant owners that is giving free food away for community service. The point was specifically the individual owner that started that program did it soley for community service and as it became corporate wide it became a way to generate revenue. Plus i do not think the kid getting the free pizza is not doing it out of greed like was suggested. I am ranked number 19 in carthage the only world I am doing gbg in at moment. This change will affect guilds like mine more than any others. Because it will reduce our ability for attrition free fights for rewards and for initial conquering of sectors.

Please follow the comments back to the original comment with solutions. I speak of these things from someone who makes a living on selling a bunch of $10 things just like inno has too.
My original point was that seige camps are like mcdonalds hamburgers. Inno and McDonald's have sold tons of them. The response was that they don't give the hamburgers for free. That isn't even true because sometimes they do. And with monopoly game and others they even give some big monetary prizes as well. I don't appreciate being attacked for both my real life activities and for my style of play in this line of responses. I gave well thought out ideas in the original post that took into account all playing styles. You choose to attack me personally?
I am not attacking you in any way. In your McDonalds example, then again with the Pizza Hut example, you implied that the motivation for Happy Meals and free pizza was self-serving on the part of the company. McDonalds didn't introduce Happy Meals to get kids hooked on Big Macs and Pizza Hut has a Bookit promotion to promote literacy. TBH, I don't know how either of these analogies are relevant to the topic at hand.

Yekk

Viceroy
So, they get 180 fights. That's about 300 FPs and 100 diamonds. Then they can switch to negotiations for what, another 20 (50?). A player capable of 60 attrition may need to level up CF more and spin some RQs for more goods. I don't nego GBG now but it's because I don't like to nego, not because I'm short on goods. The change to SC/WT will likely make some adjustments to play style necessary. Is that a bad thing?

jovada

is at 388

He is a whale so is it a bad thing? yes it is... His guild is diamond lite this league so a much easier go than the guilds against my guild in the 1K leagues. That is what?? 90 fights a day so far. Again put this to a live server trial so we can get rid of it...

jovada

is at 388

He is a whale so is it a bad thing? yes it is... His guild is diamond lite this league so a much easier go than the guilds against my guild in the 1K leagues. That is what?? 90 fights a day so far. Again put this to a live server trial so we can get rid of it...
Read my post again. I was responding to your post where you said most players top out at 60-80 attrition and will get only 180 battles.

Yekk

Viceroy
Read my post again. I was responding to your post where you said most players top out at 60-80 attrition and will get only 180 battles.
I do not have to read it again... Most players do not do negs... You included as you so eloquently put...My point is he is in the group he says should be able to do 300 fights a day yet has a bit over 300 4 days in. I see you are working on post count today...

Beta King

Viceroy

jovada

is at 388

Yes please put it to a very broad live server test(like all US servers) so we can see how fast the forum fills up to squash this plan...