• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

Fenix

Viceroy
Really, it's a small good build, I like it a lot. And it is speeding like wild fire. It is difficult for me to say it, but they nail it this time.
When this goes live I will raise it asap.

If the quests are only triggered by a successful plunder in Iron I feel that many players may just miss it. It would be better if these quests were triggered by a successful plunder at any age, right after the tower is introduced.

Last edited:
On live my Iron Age city is never plundered because no one is strong enough to kill my army with a high TA bonus. May have to leave a blacksmith uncollected and switch my defense to a rogue and ask a neighbor to attack and plunder to start the quest line.

Panthera

Merchant
Here is the Galata Tower Special Questline. The bullet points under each quest go by Text, Requirements, Completion Text, and Rewards.

thanks for the quests

but at a pinch the quests don't really interest me
it's the when and the how that's more interesting

the how looks rather comical

who would have told me one day that I would have to beg a neighbor by telling him
"please loot me"

Last edited:

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Suggestion: change the unrefined goods for Modern Era and up to goods of current era minus 2. That's the era from which you currently can't get goods through GBs.
Good suggestion. Even if you can get current era goods in those ages from Himeji Castle. Space Carrier technically as well, but it also cost you goods. Also you can get current era goods indirect through Château Frontenac.

Zeitlose

Merchant
I still like the idea of triggering the questline by being plundered. On the other hand I agree that this would possibly mean to ask a neighbour for plundering as long as you are in iron age. New players won't do this, because they don't know about it.

It seems nobody knows whether it is triggered only in IA or in other ages too?

My suggestion: trigger it through being plundered in bronce age and iron age. If you didn't get the questline until early middle age, trigger it through a technology in EMA ...

Sinitar

Regent
I still like the idea of triggering the questline by being plundered. On the other hand I agree that this would possibly mean to ask a neighbour for plundering as long as you are in iron age. New players won't do this, because they don't know about it.

It seems nobody knows whether it is triggered only in IA or in other ages too?

My suggestion: trigger it through being plundered in bronce age and iron age. If you didn't get the questline until early middle age, trigger it through a technology in EMA ...
In BA cannot attack or be attacked

The consequences of the LG will be :
All will level up the Galata to 80+, place 1 unit in their defensekm, they pull down their Deal Castle, Basilika and flames because the Galata will do their work.
Further consequences :
All players will stop their attacks.
All players will pull down their museums.

That means less clicks and less fun.

You spend so much time with this nonsens, but don´t get a mobile GVG released ???

CrashBoom

Legend
because the Galata will do their work.
capped at probably 50%

for the first x (5 or 6) plunderers every 2nd plunder attempt will be successful
after x all plunder attempts will be successful

so best way to counter Galata is to attack and plunder more
if 50 players try to plunder a Galata won't be such a help

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

the table is wrong on the announcement, at yhe nivel 6 i receive more ressources than what it's writing in the table

jovada

Regent
Hi,

the table is wrong on the announcement, at yhe nivel 6 i receive more ressources than what it's writing in the table

You have to read the announcement correctly, from modern era on you receive 2x but unrefined goods

Fenix

Viceroy
I think there is a problem when we are repealed after attacking a player and attack another player. When we plunder the second player the loot appears displaced to the right (or even outside the screen). This happens with W10 and FF (latest versions).

Amdira

Baronet
I like the idea of this BG and that it is being triggered by being plundered, BUT especially for those, who are unlocking military tactics too early and rushing through eras, it will be rather useless, as they won't have the FPs to level it high enough to be effective (while probably rushing on). I also assume, that the quest-line popping up should be mandatory (you can delete it like Oracle, if you don't want it). I guees, several players might have just clicked it away - there's no other explaination for me, that it took almost a week uThat's why I wonder, why it isn't available in all eras by quest-line.
Build the Galata Tower in your city OR contribute 10 Forge Points to Great Buildings
ah - found it - maybe that's the reason, why it didn't appear for about a week :cool: