• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Praeceptor

Marquis
This seems to be just another feature where those players without a life can win another little badge and everyone can see how clever they are. I bet there's another set of cartoony achievements you can post on your profile to impress all the other teenage bedroom troglodytes - lol.

It's such a shame that FoE has gone this way. It used to be a game for grownups.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Very disappointing that this is a world wide feature. As it has been said that means the same top players in SAAB will win the best prizes every week. Wish this was age specific arenas. One arena competition for everyone of the same age, That would be much better.

I also want to confirm @Dudettas : Will we still be able to attack and plunder people in our neighbor hood?

Yes, that hasn't changed, except these fights only contribute to your battle points now.
What does that mean, the sectors on the map which give diamond rewards will no longer give diamonds?
This only applies to the sectors with a PvP Tower access as a reward.

So Iron Age players don't get this feature and lose PvP altogether???

Iron Age players would currently be unable to participate in the PvP Arena.

DeletedUser

If you research the Mercenaries during the week can you participate right away (like when you research Military Tactics you can help in a running GBG) or do you have to wait till next week?

sirblu

Baronet
So what about the battles you do in GE. Currently they go toward your Tower points. With the Towers going away, Will the battles in GE still count toward CP points?
And what about the points earned for attacking other players in the hood? They also counted toward your Tower points. Are they being shifted now to CP points are going away altogether?

CrashBoom

Legend
So what about the battles you do in GE. Currently they go toward your Tower points. With the Towers going away, Will the battles in GE still count toward CP points?
And what about the points earned for attacking other players in the hood? They also counted toward your Tower points. Are they being shifted now to CP points are going away altogether?
nothing counts to the arena except arena fights :rolleyes:

but they still count for the ranking

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Is all of the world in the same Arena?
Yes, it is one Arena per world.

So only one ranking per week?
How many players rewarded?

sirblu

Baronet
nothing counts to the arena except arena fights :rolleyes:

but they still count for the ranking
Then this really sucks - It is looking more and more like the soccer Tournament which was awful. I had thought there you could select your players to go against the system team instead of using the lineup the system put forth but when you did that you wound up losing way more often than wining even on the easy battles where the % was listed at over 80%. However, if you just used the system lineup - you won the easy fights more than you lost. Now this is looking like the same garbage. Is INNO going to keep changing this game until no one wants to play any more?

Umbrathor

Baronet
Iron Age players would currently be unable to participate in the PvP Arena.
This impacts the chance Iron Age players have of gaining victory expansions bought with medals. I remember that I bought my first few expansions with the medals won from the tower fights, and from the ones awarded by a specific continent map battle.

Iron Age players usually do not have many event buildings yet that provide medals, and they seldom invest much in other people's GB's. Research tends to get more attention early on.

Also, PvP gets unlocked early on in Iron Age. It seems illogical to to not let that tech unlock the PvP tournament, whereas it does unlock GvG tournament if I remember correctly. It might be wiser to switch those two around.

Umbrathor

Baronet
As for manual fights and 'not being to influence the outcome': you can influence the outcome by your army composition. That's minimal though, and too much depends on the abysmal fighting style of the AI. It thus becomes a game of knowing which units fare best / worst when played by the AI. It means you are basically entrusting units to a really bad player (the AI). In other words, leading them to an unnecessary slaughter. That's not a very satisfying way of playing the game.
This is my primary reaction: I look forward to seeing how it plays out, and hope it will sway my mind in a more positive direction. Let's see.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
If you research the Mercenaries during the week can you participate right away (like when you research Military Tactics you can help in a running GBG) or do you have to wait till next week?

You can join as soon as you unlock the technology.
Only Arena fights count in the Arena. Other points earned in battle will affect your ranking only.

Is all of the world in the same Arena?
Yes, it is one Arena per world.

So only one ranking per week?
How many players rewarded?
Currently in Beta if you are active in the Arena you will get a reward due to the number of active players. It's too early to say for the live servers, and this could change if active participation on Beta changes.

shad2389

Viceroy
i think they need to do some changes to new pvp thing befor releasing it cause if it stays like that there's going to be a riot or most players will opt out
eaven if my boost and count troop is now high enough to just clic auto fight till my troops are all hurt i still enjoy strategy of a good manual fight

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
for the remaining points
I don't know, I reserve the right to write my opinion
after the test
but as far as the end of hand-to-hand combat is concerned
I think inno is wrong
deprives players
to feel ... that they are playing a strategy game
the concept of strategy
has nothing to do with the% win / loss rates that the system will give after an automatic battle
and we all know how they work
... we saw it at the recent event
82% win percentage ... and in the end ... wins ... the opponent with much weaker players
surely this has nothing to do with .foe that I loved
that's enough
you have not understood
that you turn it foe
from strategy game
in a gambling game

sorry for the english is from automatic translation
the text in Greek

Για τα υπολοιπα σημεια δεν ξερω επιφυλλασομαι να γραψω την γνωμη μου μετα την δοκιμη
ομως οσο αφορα το τελος των χειροκινητων μαχων θεωρω οτι η inno....... κανει λαθος
στερει απο τους παιχτες να αισθανονται ...οτι παιζουν ενα παιχνιδι στρατηγικης
η εννοια της στρατηγικης δεν εχει καμμια σχεση με τα επι της % ποσοστα νικης/ηττας
που θα δινει το συστημα μετα απο μια αυτοματη μαχη
και ολοι ξερουμε καλα πως λειτουργουν
το ειδαμε στην προσφατη εκδηλωση
82% ποσοστο νικης ...και στο τελος .κερδιζει ...ο αντιπαλος με παιχτες πολυ πιο αδυναμους
σιγουρα αυτο δεν εχει καμμια σχεση με το ..foe που αγαπησα
φτανει πια
δεν εχετε καταλαβει οτι μετατρεπετε το .....φοε
απο παιχνιδι στρατηγικης σε ενα παιχνιδι τζογου