• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10312

2 bugs seen today. On finishing quest 45 the message comes up you have finished quest 40. On completion of 20 tasks in grand prize I did not receive my zeppelin upgrade.

DeletedUser10312

Support sorted out my airship ugrade. Thanks for the quick response :)

DeletedUser10417

In buildig from archaelogy, give us more goods, not population.

Retired Guy

Marquis
There are two kinds of exposed sand tiles.. one with a squiggle, and ones without .. (aside from the obvious ones with objects)… Has anyone evr found anything in one with a squiggle on it? Or do know for SURE to ignore those.. ?

6zeva9

Baronet
There are two kinds of exposed sand tiles.. one with a squiggle, and ones without .. (aside from the obvious ones with objects)… Has anyone evr found anything in one with a squiggle on it? Or do know for SURE to ignore those.. ?
Not sure what you mean by squiggle. There are two main types of sand tiles. Dark Sand Tiles and Light Sand Tiles.
Dark Sand Tiles are ones that you have had not line of sight to, so could be empty or contain a reward.
Light Sand Tiles has a series of 26 sub categories (12 vase type, 8 Tablet type, 3 Tool Type, Golden Idol, Portrait & Empty)
Only the Empty Light Sand Tiles contain no reward for sure, however you may need to remove them in order to progress.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Very glad the archeology event is back, and with more/new portraits to win as a find and the World's fair a s a daily prize.
The tablets are okay; I remeber them from the Halloween events as something that mostly frustrated because it was hard to get all of them, and because they give bad final prizes while several demand a very high cost in the form of buying fp's. The final prizes are even worse this time, though I am happy that the quests give scrolls from the beginning this time. With a main prize, good dailies and 'junk prizes' from the vases, we are showered with prizes anyway.

The main prize is not very attactive, but comparable to the World's Fair with 8fp en 15 goods on 3x7 versus 10fp and 10 goods on 4x6 at level 10 respectively. The extra level on the zeppelin adds guild goods only, and can be skipped for those who believe it adds little. I agree that the extra guild goods are negligible when compared to Statue of Honor and Arc. But 80 fp is neglible to a lvl 80 Cape Canaveral too. A GB is not a good comparison. The SoH comparison seems reasonable though, and I think is better to either change the guild goods bonus to something else, such as a % bonus on goods donated to the guild, or a higher amount of goods.

DeletedUser8887

The daily specials are often the best part of these events but the percent chance of willing the daily special in this event are really low. I have been using my scrolls and have only gotten one daily special so far.

Combining a weak event building and low chance to win daily specials makes this event disappointing

The daily specials are often the best part of these events but the percent chance of willing the daily special in this event are really low. I have been using my scrolls and have only gotten one daily special so far.

Combining a weak event building and low chance to win daily specials makes this event disappointing

I guess you have terrible luck. I got today so far 9 checkmate squares and I did not even use half of my tools... And I have to force myself to stop, because I do not have space where to put them atm. But they will come handy soon, when I move to new eras. ;)

DeletedUser

One set of tools, 2 checkmates ;)

I've spent my tools on earlier dailies and with very good luck, I am very satisfied with the event, but of course that could only be a matter of having or not having luck...

Feanor II

Baronet
Used all my tools on today (hadn't spent a single one up to his point) and ended up with 16 Checkmate Squares!!

Huge thank you to Inno for the Checkmate Square as a DS. I was initially very disappointed with the event because of the subpar Grand Prize, but it becomes moot with Checkmate Square as a DS because I just didn't bother with the gold idols. If I get a similar haul of Squares in my live world and I will be stoked!

Please don't offer the Checkmate Squares as DS until at least this point in the event so that I can get the questline done to the bonus tools at 45 like I did here.

Status
Not open for further replies.