• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Winter Event Early Close Questions Thread

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hey all,

Below is the thread for any questions or comments about the early finish for the Winter Event. I'll endeavor to get answers as swiftly as possible.

DeletedUser4327

What I want to know is till what date exactly do I have to use my stars?
Inno HQ needs to get their act together. I am sure the voluntary support staff had nothing to do with this latest disaster.

DeletedUser4285

lol poor sovereign having to deal with so many issues and all here.

We will likely be seeing an in game message from the inno team once they have sorted everything out allowing us to know well enough how things will be going with the end of the event and all.
I don't mind about the lack of bigger better confectionary in the end but it would be nice to see some good special building in the last few days, like an SoK ;)

DeletedUser6801

btw, who cares about the final reward building. many of us have them still in the inventory from last year.
This is beta, we are here to test things that shouldnt go wrong on live servers.

Tell us, till what day we have to use our stars and all is fine.

DeletedUser7109

Please clarify exactly when the event will end. Will the clock be reset or has it already been reset?

For everything that beta testers do to help FOE developers, you should give all of us the last three daily prizes. If not, put them in the prize mix so we can use stars to try to win them.

Sovereign

The shop timer is when you will have
FOE could create a micro event of 3 days corresponding to 3 last quests !
It is not so difficult for develloppers or are they still at informatic school ?
scuse my english , i'm french !
As has been explained, a new micro event will not be developed solely for the Beta server, that really isn't our purpose, which is to test content for the live servers.

So to clarify, the last day to spend stars will be on the 14th? Or the timer has been adjusted and it will be the 17th?

Probably useful to send an in game message to players
The shop will close at midnight December 18th. You have until then to spend your stars, no later. Just for clarity, that means you should aim to spend your stars for about 23:55 on the 17th December, just to be safe.

Please clarify exactly when the event will end. Will the clock be reset or has it already been reset?

For everything that beta testers do to help FOE developers, you should give all of us the last three daily prizes. If not, put them in the prize mix so we can use stars to try to win them.
As has been explained, it is not as simple as giving everyone the rewards from the last 3 days.

DeletedUser7090

As has been explained, it is not as simple as giving everyone the rewards from the last 3 days.

In February the US forums held a contest where winners were given in-game items (military buildings, forge point packages, etc.). Please explain to me how it is possible for Inno to deliver items to players' inventories for winning a forum contest, yet it is seemingly impossible for Inno to do exactly the same thing, and deliver items to players' inventories in recompense for Inno dropping the ball.

Sovereign

Starting to understand some of reasons for these issues. FYI, Sovereign, 5 minutes after 23:55 December 17th, is midnight December 17th, NOT midnight December 18th.

http://prntscr.com/9d0rm7
In terms of how time works, 5 mins after 23:55 is 00:00 on the 18th, not the 17th.

In February the US forums held a contest where winners were given in-game items (military buildings, forge point packages, etc.). Please explain to me how it is possible for Inno to deliver items to players' inventories for winning a forum contest, yet it is seemingly impossible for Inno to do exactly the same thing, and deliver items to players' inventories in recompense for Inno dropping the ball.
At no point have I said we can't credit buildings to people. It is entirely possible, however, I am looking in to getting the Confectionery credited. As has been said by a couple of people, and you should all know and appreciate, this is a test server, and losses should always be expected. I am doing my best with a bad situation.

Sovereign

On the other hand - if the Legendary Confectionary (or however it is named) is not credited, it can not be tested by anyone.

I keep my fingers crossed.
Very good point, thank you.

I've responded to the original announcement about what we're doing to compensate, as well as what we're doing to ensure we properly test the event's special building.

Thanks for your patience.

Lionhead

Baronet
Very good point, thank you.

I've responded to the original announcement about what we're doing to compensate, as well as what we're doing to ensure we properly test the event's special building.

Thanks for your patience.

When are we supposed to send the ticket?
Can we do it now, or do we have to wait untill the 17th?

Lionhead

Baronet
You can send tickets in now, I don't see sense in waiting given that they're not going to be given by the questline anyway.

Great.
And what are we supposed to do beforehand? If I´m not mistaken, if the questline had continued, we were supposed to sell our Huge Confectionary, and the reward would be the Legendary.
So should we sell our Confectionaries before sending the ticket, or do you guys delete it for us?

Sovereign

As stated in the announcement, no need to sell your current one, unless you want to to make space, of course (I added it to the announcement about 15 mins ago).

DeletedUser5149

23:55 of the 17th + 5 minutes = 00:00 of the 18th, right?

No it's not, it's 24:00 of the 17th, and is referred to as midnight of the 17th. The next minute is 00:01 of the 18th. Midnight is not, strictly speaking, an actual time, it's the dividing point between one day and the other.

Sovereign

No it's not, it's 24:00 of the 17th, and is referred to as midnight of the 17th. The next minute is 00:01 of the 18th. Midnight is not, strictly speaking, an actual time, it's the dividing point between one day and the other.

Your post saying that 5 minutes after 23:55 of the 17th is the same as saying midnight of the 18th is incorrect.
Actually, a little research says that both are correct. However, I'm unsure why we're arguing semantics. I clearly posted an example for clarity, and to avoid confusion.