• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Winter Event Early Close Questions Thread

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hey all,

Below is the thread for any questions or comments about the early finish for the Winter Event. I'll endeavor to get answers as swiftly as possible.

DeletedUser

Is there really no option to just let us finish the complete line? Can't be too hard in my opinion...

It would be quite annoying to be working on this quest line for so long (and I have the feeling this event did last longer than other events), just to be simply told now that we can't get the final reward.
Especially with the "chaos" at the start of the event, when a number of quests were suddenly added after we were days into it. Also we were never told when the new finishing date would be.

Must say this is quite disappointing :(
I do hope you'll manage to let us have it (or its upgrade,depending on whether you had it before). I've actually been keeping my earlier graveyard in order to have it upgraded now. Thanks for trying, anyway.

Sovereign

Is there really no option to just let us finish the complete line? Can't be too hard in my opinion...
The short answer is, no, we can't. My understanding is this:

When the event was first activated on beta, it was shorter than it currently is. A change was made at the office for the length of the event for its live release. We were given the new questline, which caused the earlier issues we had (it was playing catchup) but our Winter Shop is still on a 'short' rotation, of which there is nothing left for us to have for the final days. Our server can't be switched over simply due to how it works, and as a result, we're missing out.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the quick answer!

Actually, I wouldn't mind skipping the winter shop in the last few days, if that would give us the chance to get the (upgrade of) the graveyard.
Perhaps that's an option :)

DeletedUser

Darn, hehe.

Then I'll (we'll?) just have to keep my/our fingers crossed that you'll manage somehow to let us have the (upgraded) graveyard.
Good luck on that!

DeletedUser

My bad completely :(
You're absolutely right, and I meant confectionary too. Apologies for the confusion! Must've been too upset...

Andi47

Overlord
:(

And I asked at least 5 times as soon as the additional quests were proving to postpone the initial quests....

Suggestion:
* remove the timer*) for the quests - so that we can complete the last few quests in a rush in one day (this might be the easiest way?)
* or - give us the new confectionary as a special reward on beta in the same way as we got the mobilith.

If both is not possible, maybe there is another possibility: Add a "beta only" short event (just after the regular winter event - similar to the Columbus event), which ends with a quest to sell our biggest confectionary and get the next bigger one as a reward.

*) in my opinion, the timer should be removed at all two or three days before the end of the event for any kind of events (christmas, easter, valentine, summer, etc.) (in other words: start the questline with the timer - but remove the timer two days before the event, no matter how many quests are given/resolved by this moment)

Sovereign

:(

And I asked at least 5 times as soon as the additional quests were proving to postpone the initial quests....
I know, I asked several times too I'm afraid.
Suggestion:
* remove the timer*) for the quests - so that we can complete the last few quests in a rush in one day (this might be the easiest way?)
This can't be done. If it was possible for us to have the final quests, I would have already made sure that was what was going to happen here on ZZ prior to posting the news. The quest system isn't as simple as 'switch off the timer' and is quite a lot more complex and hard coded.
* or - give us the new confectionary as a special reward on beta in the same way as we got the mobilith.
This is the option I am looking in to.
If both is not possible, maybe there is another possibility: Add a "beta only" short event (just after the regular winter event - similar to the Columbus event), which ends with a quest to sell our biggest confectionary and get the next bigger one as a reward.
This isn't possible, sorry. Quest lines and events take time to be designed, something that we aren't going to dedicate resources to.

DeletedUser5473

It's been proven the quest can be dumped all at once. Just look at the 5 quests that was given to us near the start. No reason why they cant release all remaining quests in the same fashion while leaving the original quest line with no quest.

Sovereign

The quests are designed to be released at specific points in the questline. We got more quests in one go, because the quests added were designed to be completed on days we had already passed. Again, why would I lie? If I could arrange for the quests to be available, I would.

DeletedUser7090

Why does this crap keep happening? Why do you all have so much trouble communicating? If I gave assurances to my team that consistently proved false, how long do you think they would trust anything I had to say? How many times would my employer let me drop the ball before giving me the boot? In my world I wouldn't get nearly as many chances as you all seem to get.

I've played a few games in my time. Other companies seem to treat their customers far better than Inno does. A year ago WoW had big server issues. They gave their players a few days of free subscription time in recompense. Kritika gives their players a hefty amount of currencies (including their version of diamonds) when they go down, even just for routine maintenance.

When the winter event started on US servers, I and many others could barely even log in for five days. Inno's response? "Ask your ISP to change your IP address." Very classy. So by all means, go ahead and say one thing but do another thing entirely. And be sure to drop that ball a few more times. :D

DeletedUser4375

FOE could create a micro event of 3 days corresponding to 3 last quests !
It is not so difficult for develloppers or are they still at informatic school ?
scuse my english , i'm french !

DeletedUser3604

So to clarify, the last day to spend stars will be on the 14th? Or the timer has been adjusted and it will be the 17th?

Probably useful to send an in game message to players

DeletedUser5526

a) Sorry that we can't go all the way
b) This is a beta, so crap happens and will continue to happen as intended - we're just checking things work (actually, work better)!
c) That way, there will be surprises on live servers - beta testing is great, knowing what will come is also a great advantange that we all share, but it also spoils a bit the fun, so my guess that not having the 3 last quests would provide surprise vs predicatbility.
d) Creating quests just for the beta might be more complex (requires programming just for beta!) than just granting the buildings in the inventory, after all is finished in the live servers...