• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
I'm six days away from the Wonderland Pyramid Gold Version. So no problem there.

The question is whether I can get the Chocolatery Golden Selection Kit at 460 Steps without spending Diamonds. Today I have 433 Steps. So it seems possible.

I'm over 100 steps away, very carefully picking up the calendar key in as few steps as possible so I didn't get a lot of the extra stars or shuffles to add on. So I don't think I'll get the chocolate update without diamonds.

bornempire

Steward
There was no "right pace" in previous years. The number of matches awarded was random and the number averaged 2 during the event. Players had no control over the number of matches received. This year, it is again random and averages 1.5. The question that this thread has not seemed to answer yet is if 1.5 matches per present is sufficient to get the full event building.
Pericles, maybe you didn't find the right pace. However, I did. Have a look in my city. All those winners plaza's didn't fall from heaven, And: no, they are not financed by diamonds, They are the result of above statististics average collecting 3 matches.

Will-em

Merchant
To be fair, the fighting percentages are really low on the golden upgraded main building. On live, this would probably an event to skip if compared to previous buildings.

Pericles, maybe you didn't find the right pace. However, I did. Have a look in my city. All those winners plaza's didn't fall from heaven, And: no, they are not financed by diamonds, They are the result of above statististics average collecting 3 matches.
If you got a disproportionately large number of 3-candle outcomes it was simply a matter of luck. The RNG controls the number of candles, not anything that a player does.

While I have no doubt that you have a lot of Winner's Plazas in your city you did not get them from the Winter Event. More likely you got them from Forge Bowl Events where the RNG also ruled the event.

Last edited:
Just a simple question to the money spending partners of INNO. You want us as players spending money!!! Thats my current status of the calendar and reindeer slaugh....
both not worth spending any cent. The event is dead even more since the candles cant be fired individuadly 6500 Dias to get what? Up until now 2k dias
would be due in order to fulfill the calendar. The strange sleigh is even more senceless, worthless
This is the worst winter/christmas event ever!!! Prizes are after all not worth a dime neither the fulfilling
Dear CEOs of Inno!!! If you want people investing money folks should be happy. However you manage that. But after all you shoveled your own best building grave!!! Players paying / customers paying buy happniness, satisfying feelings... not crash
Money/cash is rare these days. Same for companies as customers

1700963399290.png

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Forget the decorations and products - it's the music that drains the will to live. The same handful of songs over... and over... and over... and over...
Oh, hell no! I like to keep my sanity, mind you. This is why I try to either avoid such retail establishments that play Christmas music all day/all week (I had worked in a retail establishment before and I thought I was going to go postal or something, lol) or just bring my ANC headphones and jam on my own music.
Getting 50 stars a day isn't enough to stay engaged - ie, do something each day on a present board that mandatorily resets each day - especially with 50 stars turning into 5 at worst, or 10 at best, matches.
In the events before, the boards never reset. I don't know why we even had this happening. Is it because they might have broken something that has to do with the daily special? Who knows. I just skipped days as the DS didn't tickle my fancy sometimes. So I could be with over 400 stars before I decide to try the board to gather the prizes.
Or it would be looking at the ANGRY FROWN all day long....
I am still having the curiosity of wanting to see if my townspeople will revolt and riot in my city so I can watch it burn to the ground... <evil grin>

Other than that, the other reason why I don't open is because of the animation of match lighting that gets in the way or even delays my clicking. Even after I had placed my feedback in wanting a way to disable (don't say "disable animations" as that didn't work; believe me, I had tried) such, but I am just going to get my golden toilet seat for Christmas.

Gedrog

Squire
Naturally newbies would be discouraged enormously by this new trend. As for established players, only competitive players are hit of happiness drops below 120% cause they're missing out on 20% extra points from battles. While their peers still enjoy 20% extra. It gets worse when the -50% penalty shows up.
The post pointed to population rather than happiness, in my view Inno is trying to encourage people to spend money but if a new player spends money and find out they can't plant buildings due to lack of population then surely this person is going to stop playing the game.

Gedrog

Squire
I think everyone in this thread got it. You like splash out cash. I saw you multiple pics of your beautiful city. Takes a lot of skill to get all those shiny buildings.
You can hate me for spending money but I think it is important to get feedback from paying players, after all this is where Inno get's it money from apart from mobile advertising If there were not paying players there won't be much development in the game.

I certainly have a point around population or the lack thereof in this event where new players will either get discouraged after spending money and finding they cant build the buildings they just spent their hard earned cash on, especially if they unlocked Gold or silver pass and added a few extra diamonds. I also understand that Inno is trying very hard to get more money out of paying players, but don't make it so obvious that the small budget player gets discouraged from spending money

Make no mistake I admire the patience and skill it takes to get a fully levelled building for free, I hardly ever get incidents with event currency so I can appreciate it when a free player complain about no incidents with event currency

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The post pointed to population rather than happiness, in my view Inno is trying to encourage people to spend money but if a new player spends money and find out they can't plant buildings due to lack of population then surely this person is going to stop playing the game.
I know happiness and population eating event buildings are bad for newbies. The game is heading into an bad direction with this heavily nerfed event.

Gedrog

Squire
This is a test.
Or some are paid a large salary in diamonds, and they can only be spent in the game.
Some players will spend a lot of money, I used smoke a lot now I use that money for the game.
Some players only play in Beta and will blast their whole budget here

Thunderdome

Emperor
From info the game sends you about the event in the json file that you receive when you open the event. It tells you your rank out of all the players in the event, as well as the names and progress (and portraits) of the top 50 players.
Say WHAT?! Okay, now I got to find out how to access this...
This is a test.
Or some are paid a large salary in diamonds, and they can only be spent in the game.
Some had a lot of money they are willing to invest in this game. I am not going to lie but I did spend for the golden pass to get the extra stuff that will probably sit in the shelf (just kidding, they will be put to use).

I feel that it has been a low blow by Inno to introduce happiness reduction buildings as of late. A guy like myself with at 70k+ happiness, it will pose no problem to put such buildings in the ground, but to a new player, I feel their pain when they cannot use certain buildings because of this; especially ones that spent their money on the game to get and had to regret their decision in doing so.

CrashBoom

Legend
Has an event ever started on a Friday? I'm guessing that it will be released on live either 5 Dec or 7 Dec.
announced on portugese forum for 1st