• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

Forget the decorations and products - it's the music that drains the will to live. The same handful of songs over... and over... and over... and over...
[EDIT] Except Carol of the bells. That one goes hard.
I really enjoy Fairytale in New York and 12 Days of Christmas. But due to my daughter Whamageddon strikes me every year quite early.

Kronan

Viceroy
Yes @Warrior816 , it's awful quiet.

My 2 cents is that it's more FUN when there are 1-3 matchsticks, vs 2. It really drags being this long an event, and it's like filling a water jug drip by drip for nearly a month.
Yes, I know that slow pace encourages people to spend diamonds to speed things up, and that's what Inno wants. So I guess getting into the right framework of mind once again, that it's OK to not be here because once the event gets rolling, there is really nothing to do with it but collect once a day and save up stars for something good.

Getting 50 stars a day isn't enough to stay engaged - ie, do something each day on a present board that mandatorily resets each day - especially with 50 stars turning into 5 at worst, or 10 at best, matches.

With choices of 1 - 3 matches (vs 1 or 2).... there is more excitement/energy to try to clear the "20" lit tree threshold possibly each day (being very lucky).

So = if that disengagement design for an event is what they really want, we can certainly accommodate them.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
From an average of 2 progress/10:wintervillage: to only 1,5 progress/10:wintervillage: on top of supposedly every 2nd board a low chance for a calendar key... to negative happiness w/o outstanding efficiency on other areas for the trade-off, this event has been nerfed into oblivion.
Probs just gonna charge up the :wintervillage: and go into at live with whatever mentality. Targeting the epic selection kit any time it appears. I was planning to save up my:diamond: for this event but guess I've been really fortunate to let other event opportunities convince me to spend the majority for better returns. Guess if this is any sign for what's to come next year... I'll be targeting daily specials instead of caring for the "grand" prize.

Kronan

Viceroy
I got 20+10 just from collecting this morning. Still quite far away from the 480 matches that I need to collect for the Ketebo upgrade.
That very quiet point is compelling. We haven't talked about it that much since the beginning of the event. It's a long reach, yes. It's come true (atleast for me as well), that you can't get there on the basis of the event alone - you have to spend something for the extra distance, and the 480 item milestone.

Inno's betting people will NEED the item in LIVE, so why not put it out of reach unless you spend diamonds for it?

Them that has the gold, makes the rules. They're betting the small investment you have to make (a few 1000 diamonds), won't be troublesome to people that NEED to do it to keep their city in top productive form for collection and game yield.

Gedrog

Squire
@xivarmy ye happiness doesn't affect most established cities anymore. Negative happiness used to be a trade-off to get something else more. Like more supplies with the junkyard for example. This negative happiness nonsense is just slapped on those buildings mindlessly for the sake of making happiness somewhat relevant again.

As for your dislike for Xmass selling early, LOL. Most cities are an mixture of any given event year round. Most things make population even happy xd. It's probs just capitalism to get money quickly from Xmass. Before ppl get it from an rival company
Established Cities it is not a problem in this case most of the production is done by event buildings but imagine you are a new player in Bronze or Iron Age and this is your first event and you decide to splash out cash. These are the figures for Future but bear with me!
If I win 1 X winter Wonderland pyramid I can only plant the Snow Globe if I try to plant Capy's Spa I am out of population and we all know how critical resources are in the early stages
The new player will feel cheated do you think they will continue playing with these type of odds stacked against them
I did a rough calculation how many Winter Pyramids you need, in order to plant one of each of the buildings
why this event sucks.jpg

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Established Cities it is not a problem in this case most of the production is done by event buildings but imagine you are a new player in Bronze or Iron Age and this is your first event and you decide to splash out cash. These are the figures for Future but bear with me!
If I win 1 X winter Wonderland pyramid I can only plant the Snow Globe if I try to plant Capy's Spa I am out of population and we all know how critical resources are in the early stages
The new player will feel cheated do you think they will continue playing with these type of odds stacked against them
I did a rough calculation how many Winter Pyramids you need, in order to plant one of each of the buildings
View attachment 10395
Naturally newbies would be discouraged enormously by this new trend. As for established players, only competitive players are hit of happiness drops below 120% cause they're missing out on 20% extra points from battles. While their peers still enjoy 20% extra. It gets worse when the -50% penalty shows up.

Beta567

Baronet
View attachment 10395
I think everyone in this thread got it. You like splash out cash. I saw you multiple pics of your beautiful city. Takes a lot of skill to get all those shiny buildings.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
As for established players, only competitive players are hit of happiness drops below 120% cause they're missing out on 20% extra points from battles.
This is no longer true. The happiness boost for fights was removed a while ago. It's always at 120% now. Will try to find when the change was announced...

.. it's mentioned here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-of-empires-recap-2022.15954/
May: One of the bigger changes we did this month was to remove the happiness modifier from battles, meaning your current happiness does not influence the amount of battle points you receive anymore. You always get the x1.2 modifier.
So the change has been around for 1 1/2 years :)

CrashBoom

Legend
so it is just less coins & supplies

so: who cares

the problem would only:
if you would drop below 0 happiness then you can't build those buildings anymore

mbk28

Baronet
once again, no key available? how do you expect us to win? it's a scam!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-11-25 à 10.12.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-25 à 10.12.35.png
    652.3 KB · Views: 15

bornempire

Steward
yes what is that 0/1 for ?

and where can I find the league ?
I don't see it on that picture
I don't like the change that the game opens the matchbox for you. You could open them yourself before. Where you had in all previous years the possibility to get 1, 2 or 3 matches, now it is only 1 and 2. In all previous years, if you found the right pace, I managed to get over 80 % of all times 3 matches,
I don't call it progress that the game decides for you when to open the box. It's too many '1 match'. So on average much lower amount of rewards.

I don't like the change that the game opens the matchbox for you. You could open them yourself before. Where you had in all previous years the possibility to get 1, 2 or 3 matches, now it is only 1 and 2. In all previous years, if you found the right pace, I managed to get over 80 % of all times 3 matches,
I don't call it progress that the game decides for you when to open the box. It's too many '1 match'. So on average much lower amount of rewards.
There was no "right pace" in previous years. The number of matches awarded was random and the number averaged 2 during the event. Players had no control over the number of matches received. This year, it is again random and averages 1.5. The question that this thread has not seemed to answer yet is if 1.5 matches per present is sufficient to get the full event building.