• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

Tanni13

Farmer
logo_WIN23.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Monday, October 30th, the festive season begins here on beta: The Winter Event returns!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Frosty is scary." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
The winter event doesn't work anymore on my android phone since yesterday. It completely disappeared since the last update of the app.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The winter event doesn't work anymore on my android phone since yesterday. It completely disappeared since the last update of the app.
Could please the state the app version and give the icon in Android mobile phone here to get more clarity.

But anyways raise it in the bugs section, if you are blocked.

Kaidi

Farmer
Has anyone verified what is in the Epic Winter Selection kit? I wondered if it included Nutcrackers. (Not that I need nutcrackers, but I know a lot of people who do.) I thought maybe there was a slight chance, as Insect Hotel (which was a pass-only building) did appear in this year's Epic Wildlife kit. Not the same, but gave me hope. lol.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Has anyone verified what is in the Epic Winter Selection kit? I wondered if it included Nutcrackers. (Not that I need nutcrackers, but I know a lot of people who do.) I thought maybe there was a slight chance, as Insect Hotel (which was a pass-only building) did appear in this year's Epic Wildlife kit. Not the same, but gave me hope. lol.
It is included. Though now there's a level 2 version of the nutcracker, so you may still want to get things from your chocolatery (requires golden chocolatery though - which it's not clear if there's any diamond-free way to obtain).

Kaidi

Farmer
Thanks! That'll make some people happy, even the L1s.

I have 30 L1s - not to mention inventory/deleted/sold ones - and want to get rid of some, but they're still *just* on the good-enough-to-keep list. (lol - last Winter Event I'd just quit my job and went a little crazy. There was wine involved.)

Thunderdome

Emperor
Day 9 and I just got my first calendar key. Not real good odds I'd say. Innos version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?
I think I had only 1 key and that was it. I don't even think I will get the fully leveled building by the time this event is over with such a slow progress (kept getting 1s mostly). It's 2500 diamonds to open days I don't have a key to. I don't think I want to spend hundreds of my real money to get what dinky prize they offer.
But, in the end, the Grinch turned out to be a good guy. :)
Chucky was also a Good Guy.
Too soon to tell. There's a lot of time left for rebalancing.
Rebalancing = The art of putting a small bonus in gathering where they put an even greater requirement (at least three times) to getting a milestone that in the end it makes everyone sad or mad that they could not get the full prize, if only they (Inno) left it alone. Also, the art of trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place to make it fully broken this time around.
Where are the updates (lvl2) of Nutcrackers?
A swifter kick in the pants.

Sinitar

Regent
I think I had only 1 key and that was it. I don't even think I will get the fully leveled building by the time this event is over with such a slow progress (kept getting 1s mostly). It's 2500 diamonds to open days I don't have a key to.
No, each part of key equires 100 diamonds so if you have 0|5, it cost 500

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
With Halloween event I’ve seen lots of villa selection kits from summer event. Already felt things were off at summer event. With so many event buildings of other events. Wouldn’t be surprised to see epic winter selection kits 23 at summer event 24 at this point

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
With Halloween event I’ve seen lots of villa selection kits from summer event. Already felt things were off at summer event. With so many event buildings of other events. Wouldn’t be surprised to see epic winter selection kits 23 at summer event 24 at this point
I'd be a little surprised to see an off-event epic kit for an event we just had. The one time I remember that was a spring epic kit and we didn't have a spring event this year so it made a little bit of sense as an opportunity to get buildings that were bypassed.

It seems commonly the "extra" event buildings on offer are often an opportunity to finish off a building you may have almost-finished in a recent event. Or a building that you expect in the next event to come so you can get a headstart.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
have somebody list of prices from winter calandar..so far
thanks
Day1: Chocolatery Selection Kit
Day2: 100 goods
Day3: Finish Special Production
Day4: 30 Forge Points
Day5: 200 Previous Age Goods
Day6: Nutcracker Guardhouse
Day7: 125 goods
Day8: One Up Kit
Day9: 250 Previous Age Goods
Day10: Finish Special Production
Day11: 35 Forge Points
Day12: 150 Goods
Day13: Nutcracker Guardhouse Upgrade Kit
Day14: 40 Forge Points
Day15: 300 Previous Age Goods
Day16: Reno Kit
Day17: Finish Special Production
Day18: 175 Goods
Day19: Store Building
Day20: 350 Previous Age Goods
Day21: Nutcracker Guardhouse Selection Kit
Day22: 45 Forge Points
Day23: 200 Goods
Day24: Finish All Special Production
Day25: Winter Wonderland Pyramid Selection Kit
Day26: Epic Winter 2023 Selection Kit
Day27: 400 Previous Age Goods
Day28: Finish All Supply Production
Day29: 50 Forge Points
Day30: Wishing Well
Day 31: Winter Wonder Retreat Selection Kit
Final: Finish All Special Productions

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd be a little surprised to see an off-event epic kit for an event we just had. The one time I remember that was a spring epic kit and we didn't have a spring event this year so it made a little bit of sense as an opportunity to get buildings that were bypassed.

It seems commonly the "extra" event buildings on offer are often an opportunity to finish off a building you may have almost-finished in a recent event. Or a building that you expect in the next event to come so you can get a headstart.
I would still not be too surprised if it happens. When they’re looking for lukewarm interesting dailies

I would still not be too surprised if it happens. When they’re looking for lukewarm interesting dailies
Except the sunflower press is 100% useless without the golden upgrade - which cannot be won here. Maybe it will be next fall event, but probably not because that would be a several years old building by then?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Except the sunflower press is 100% useless without the golden upgrade - which cannot be won here. Maybe it will be next fall event, but probably not because that would be a several years old building by then?
That’s fall event, not winter event. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re putting winter event 23 epic Sel. Kits in summer event 24’s daily specials by this point

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
People have been complaining about the winter event for years. Until Inno puts a "shuffle" button outside of the board and dramatically increases the stars count, it's going to be another half baked event.
I agree, the shuffle button is the most annoying "present", and it should be outside, you should be the one choosing when to shuffle a board, it should not be a random thing, somewhat similar to the old Summer Event where you could choose how many times you could spin the wheel before resetting all the presents, they should have switched the winter event mechanic with the summer event, not the other way around, people would have been happier.

As for the prizes, the main prize building size and stats are somewhat poor, I mean it's a 30 day event after all, and with the poor chances/mechanics of getting daily specials... yes pretty disappointed about this event.