• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Some data collection results!

For the Elves' Workshop, these are the odds for each reward appearing in each slot (you see two slots per elf, and choose between them):
1699053420115.png

Also, if you see the reward you want in one of the reward pools, it will take on average 85.7 diamonds to get the reward. It will be expensive to get the fully leveled Nog shop, and even more so to get many of them. The golden upgrade only has a 1/16 chance of appearing, while you only have 18 chances to see it. If anyone knows a good way to calculate diamond costs per nog, let me know.

Per the calendar, you can get ~14.7 keys on average from the daily challenge, leaving you to get the remaining 17.3 keys on your own. After 100 games, I averaged the key showing up on the board 55% of the time (I assume it is 50%). When playing the board with the keys on it, I had about a 50% chance of actually landing the key. Overall, about a 25% chance of getting a key from each board. The cost to complete each board through to the shuffle averaged 66 stars.

If we make the assumptions that you only play boards where the key appears, only get one key per day (ie, the full key, not key pieces), and that you play those boards through to completion, we can estimate how many stars you'll need to complete the calendar. I'm also taking 18 keys for this, just to err on the side of caution. With this, you'll need about 2400 stars to complete the calendar. That's well within in what my mind is a pretty fair cost. Maybe a few thousand diamonds at most, or free if you're a little lucky and have good incidents. However, your daily specials would suffer greatly. If you only played until winning the key, it's quite possible you complete the calendar for free.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Just spend 240 stars and DID NOT get calendar key! but had 3 shuffles. Inno, screw you and your calendar, it is simply unfreakindoable. Obviously (whatever your reason is for that crappy balance) i am NOT going to spend any real money for event pass or any event currency. Such GREEDYNESS is out of normal balance!

I am kind of frustrated. Because of
3 candles reduced to 2
no matches anymore... so the lighting is directly done. I had my own strategy on lighting the candles
no key rounds are to many
That makes the event frustrating. One can not really decide when to do what and the calendar key thing stuff is just not doable without spending lots of dias
So we are playing one of the most boring events with less fun after changes... Thats my result for now

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Winter event's buildings are kinda ironic and laughable in an way of a bad joke. Some Halloween event buildings give positive happiness. The winter event takes happiness away, lol. When negative happiness was introduced in PME it made sense and was used carefully with a lot of thought from the devs. Like a junkyard eating happiness. Cause most ppl didn't wanna live close to one. While a toy factory boosted happiness. Cause toys bring joy. Ironically winter event's enjoyable recreatieve buildings upset ppl more than junkyards or even LNG which causes earthquakes irl.

Midi67

Farmer
Each subsequent event is unfortunately getting worse (even for a paid golden ticket you get a pile of nonsense), Halloven with changes on Live servers is discouraging, but the winter event causes total discouragement from the game, I think that, the the creators took the wrong path in the development of the game, if in this form a winter event enters live servers, I think it will be the worst event in terms of money for IG and player engagement.

Last edited:
Is anyone else not really impressed by the gold level on the chocolate factory? It only adds literally a couple of % in 3 areas. The added attack for defense is appreciated, but really it's not a big jump overall.

CrashBoom

Legend
Is anyone else not really impressed by the gold level on the chocolate factory? It only adds literally a couple of % in 3 areas. The added attack for defense is appreciated, but really it's not a big jump overall.
I like it

doubles the FP (& goods)
and the nutcracker kit only needs 100 fragments: makes the fragment production also twice as good (instead of 200)

and that nutcracker lvl 2 doubles FP & attack boost and 3 instead of 2 mass aid kit fragments

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
I like the upgraded stats but not willing to use it in the city too much.

Going to remove chocolate factory soon and place some event buildings which gives all the four military boosts in a single building with different symbols having boost high value. Also, willing to keep atleast two nutcrackers fully upgraded in the city and replace all the other nutcracker buildings.

Finding very difficult to remove some buildings in the city in which lot of time spent to make it completely worth. All these year, this one behaviour is very common but IMO this year it's very frequent than previous years or myself got too much attached to few of the buildings in the game. This year, don't know why the game is giving lot of discomfort from the events section. We asked for the challenges in the events but not to diminish our happiness or enthusiasm in playing the events.

Last edited:

joyfulrider

Squire
place some event buildings which gives all the four military boosts in a single building
Every event mostly different size buildings appear, so maintain the city with all the different size event buildings. It will help you to make the city changes easier and sooner.

although I like new buildings, with all the special kits and buildings I completely lost overview during the year of extraordinatrities here and there. Instead of introducing new buildings to any new event I would love to see upgrades for eg to the cherry blossom garden stuff or other simple buildings. Makes searching for stuff much easier. Same for the trader. I could sell for another billion coins in the trader stuff tendency increasing. But for what reason? having more coins and emeralds I will not use, because the offered stuff is completely outdated?
We had in the halloween event a super complex event and now we crash down to a really boring event, much more boring then the version before a year ago....
This event is about only two decissions to make...
1. Is today a good day to klick
2. Is today a bad day to klick

Last edited:
On the whole, good to see a familiar event back. But the candles and matches are very slow (no, it's not my connection, as other items are going at normal speed). The bouncing shelf with the candles is highly irritating, I suspect most experienced players will want to rip through the matches part of the game a whole lot faster. Is there any way to speed up the animation?

I'll add.... while I detest the shuffle button (hey kids, Father Xmas took all your presents and put them back in the sleigh!) I really do prefer this game to the Pokemon game introduced for Halloween. That one is soul destroying for anyone over the age of 40 - and I suspect most of us are over that age! But please bring back the 3 matches in the box. As it stands, those of us who have a life outside FoE will be hard pressed to make much progress.

Last edited:
On the whole, good to see a familiar event back. But the candles and matches are very slow (no, it's not my connection, as other items are going at normal speed). The bouncing shelf with the candles is highly irritating, I suspect most experienced players will want to rip through the matches part of the game a whole lot faster. Is there any way to speed up the animation?

I'll add.... while I detest the shuffle button (hey kids, Father Xmas took all your presents and put them back in the sleigh!) I really do prefer this game to the Pokemon game introduced for Halloween. That one is soul destroying for anyone over the age of 40 - and I suspect most of us are over that age! But please bring back the 3 matches in the box. As it stands, those of us who have a life outside FoE will be hard pressed to make much progress.
I partly would follow your statement, but only partly. Yes, after this challenging last event it is kind of nice coming back to a used routine. But again the winter event in itself was boring even before the changes made. The changes made got the player to an even more clicking person. This is calculated (getting a day some 50 to 60 (including the batches of stars) stars a day) 4 - 6 clicks a day in an event where you dont have any control on the outcome. Éspecially during christmas time where you expect kind of goodies, this is really frustrating, boring, senceless and demotivating. Whilst the Halloween Event was really very challenging one falls in a little hole of frustration.
I personally miss kind of a yearly planning of strategy and emotional up and down planning (just missing right now the right words in english) all over the year. There should be kind of an countercycal emotional planning all over the year. Beginns already 1 to 2 years upfront. We have to many ups and downs emotionally in this game....

All Free Now

Marquis
Can we avoid the popup showing two candles with matchsticks.

winter_event_animation_change.png

When any gifts got opened, keeping a background animation with the expected number candles from gift area directly getting merge into housing area to lighting up required number houses will be an easy approach. In the above image, mentioned as +2 stating the number of candles (number of houses to light up). In the city, for blue galaxy we show +2 on buildings, same way here some candles appearing with count can be used which can be disappeared after few seconds automatically.

By removing popup, If multiple gift boxes gets opened, those +2 counts display things can be stacked with their time seconds appearing. That is also easy to handle.

Is this very difficult to implement? In my opinion it should be very easy to implement but not sure if there was any complexity to do this.

joyfulrider

Squire
Can we avoid the popup showing two candles with matchsticks.

View attachment 10340

When any gifts got opened, keeping a background animation with the expected number candles from gift area directly getting merge into housing area to lighting up required number houses will be an easy approach. In the above image, mentioned as +2 stating the number of candles (number of houses to light up). In the city, for blue galaxy we show +2 on buildings, same way here some candles appearing with count can be used which can be disappeared after few seconds automatically.

By removing popup, If multiple gift boxes gets opened, those +2 counts display things can be stacked with their time seconds appearing. That is also easy to handle.

Is this very difficult to implement? In my opinion it should be very easy to implement but not sure if there was any complexity to do this.
I like this approach.

For sure, dev team cannot say like having a difficulty to implement this approach since it is very straight forward design with click/touch behaviour actions. Actually, this reduces the unwanted slowness in playing the event for all players.