• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Oh joy, more buildings that give population. Seriously, enough now. If nothing else it makes a mockery of the side quests where you need to have a certain amount of population or less than a small amount as you need to store bucketfuls of buildings now to do that , not to mention negating every population giving GB and the ever increasing happiness needed to utilise all of these event buildings . At least there's no incentive for me to actually get these ones as I have nothing to replace that is less efficient for how I play the game. Presumably the reindeer kicked off diamond spend last year otherwise I guess they wouldn't be there again, and the keys are there to further encourage spending. No problem with that, I just won't be doing that part of the event as it seems pointless for the given rewards.
Note to game designers: just because everyone still plays the game and events regardless, it doesn't mean that the random shuffle is a good idea or liked.
Maybe there will some useful dailies ......

GateKeeper

Baronet
Im usually a huge fan of events, I even enjoyed the new St Patty day one this year, (haters no need to reply ;) ) mostly cause it was new and different. However, this Winter event has many fun ideas to do right, find a Key unlock a door everyday get a prize, light of houses, etc .... but the its the rewards that are killing the event.
If you dont change the rewards than
A) Don't make the keys so hard to get,
B) Dont make the lock picks so expensive,

and you have to make the final reward on unlocking all doors much better then 200 fps, a kit, and a portrait, it will be an amazing amount of luck to get a key everyday without spending diamonds. seriously drop another kit on us and bump that baby to 500 fps.....its the holiday season!!

Yes I know thats the point, Inno needs money just like every company, but seriously make the Lock Picks 50 diamonds, you will get a lot more players to pay that 4 or 5 times, than getting 1 player to pay 500 diamonds once.

Special buildings are awkward to place, cant make a nice figure with the 3 of them, I suggest the Pyramid option, but it just looks gross. I get it though you needed to make them touch 2 Unique buildings, or people would stack just 2 types. Is there a way, and its probably too late, but could you code them like the Train or SoH with RtV or Hippodrome this way we could place them in a straight line?

Last edited:

xxGuruxx

Farmer
As far as feedback, the issue with the notifications has been reported.

The other bit of feedback. If the calendar is a side game that you can play if you would like, why not make the daily quest one where the reward is the key for that day? Do the daily quest, win the key. If someone misses the daily then they can pay the 500 diamonds or hope for 10 lockpicks. Have a side game that also plays on chance is pretty unethical from a game standpoint. Either win a random drawing daily and find a key (1 in 15 chance) or spend up to 16,000 diamonds to receive a bakery selection kit, a profile pic and 200 FP.

Thunderdome

Emperor
As I had done about read that one would have to amass a collection of main buildings and upgrade kits in order to get the full set, I am going to skip this on the live server. So far, this event is the pits being it's all a game of chance (not going to spend diamonds). If that wasn't enough, the annoying animation that plays after each quest is done is reason enough to just do my required GE and put the game on hold for days at a time (until it ends).

Arete

Farmer
The display of received presents does not work properly after picking up the Double Payout. The received presents are then no longer be shown and afterwards, all the presents pop up with a time delay when finishing another quest, e. g. after lighting up the Christmas Tree.
Presents.jpg

As far as feedback, the issue with the notifications has been reported.

The other bit of feedback. If the calendar is a side game that you can play if you would like, why not make the daily quest one where the reward is the key for that day? Do the daily quest, win the key. If someone misses the daily then they can pay the 500 diamonds or hope for 10 lockpicks. Have a side game that also plays on chance is pretty unethical from a game standpoint. Either win a random drawing daily and find a key (1 in 15 chance) or spend up to 16,000 diamonds to receive a bakery selection kit, a profile pic and 200 FP.
This is an excellent idea. The keys should be linked to the last 32 quests.

Or we can imagine other possibilities: for example, the daily key could be found in the incidents of the day, or you could get it by helping your neighbours/friend/guildmate. Anything but the presents because it requires too much luck and the cost is too high for the dull rewards.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
The key thing looks almost impossible to get without spending the national debt of the United Kingdom on diamonds. To get the 32 keys necessary on 32 consecutive days is almost impossible. The degree of luck necessary is ridiculously high, especially with the shuffle still being in the mix. The number of times that shuffle is won indicates that the gifts are not on a straight 1:18 basis but follow an adjusted algorithm. Having used all available stars to try to get the 3rd day key without success, primarily due to shuffle awards means that this element of the event is basically over for me. The chance of getting 10 additional keys to fill a full lock pick kit over the rest of the event looks to be incredibly small and with lock picks at 50 diamonds each is is simply not going to happen - the end result does not justify the cost. Personally I hate the shuffle being in the prize mix and it has spoiled the event for me on several previous years, This year is no exception so I will pass on the event on my live server worlds.

Arwaren

Squire
Wait a minute.
Gingerbread + Macaron (10% attack and 13% defense) = 0.33% attack for 1x1 tile and 0.43% defense for 1x1 tile
Gingerbread + Macaron + other building (15% attack and 18% defense) = 0.33% attack for 1x1 tile and 0.4% defense for 1x1 tile
Do developers see it? The stance of 3 unique buildings gives the same amount of attack and defense decreases ...
And is it supposed to encourage us to build 3 unique buildings?

If we had the same bonuses but in a different order, it would be a very good set (the 2 first bonuses for the attacking army, the last one for the defending army).