• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

indian20

Steward
Did anybody had same little issue that I had: today I build the second bakery and attached afterwards the first to this building. What I saw, was that the second building got the bonus but the older has not. After I changed the place of both buildings and connect it again it updated everything and then both bakery had their bonus. So it might be just a display error and unfortunately for me I can´t reproduce it.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
As a chain - do you mean like that train from last year? No. If you place them all side-by-side like the train, you will get both bonuses from the middle one and only the first bonus from the side ones.
To get both bonuses from all three you must place them inside 6x10 rectangle with empty corners (really stupid shape if you ask me) - two of them either side by side or above each other and the third one offset either beside or above/below, so each is touching TWO others and each must be different. You cannot have several copies of the same bakery.
So laying them out like the splash screen displays won't get you all the bonuses. Well done Inno, well done!

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Did anybody had same little issue that I had: today I build the second bakery and attached afterwards the first to this building. What I saw, was that the second building got the bonus but the older has not. After I changed the place of both buildings and connect it again it updated everything and then both bakery had their bonus. So it might be just a display error and unfortunately for me I can´t reproduce it.
This was fixed in the update this morning.

GateKeeper

Baronet
just read about 4-5 comments before yours ;) I had the same issue. Thanks Dudettas for addressing.

As a chain - do you mean like that train from last year? No. If you place them all side-by-side like the train, you will get both bonuses from the middle one and only the first bonus from the side ones.
To get both bonuses from all three you must place them inside 6x10 rectangle with empty corners (really stupid shape if you ask me) - two of them either side by side or above each other and the third one offset either beside or above/below, so each is touching TWO others and each must be different. You cannot have several copies of the same bakery.
This is why I hated the fall set, the barn needed a road which and the other pieces were all misshapen to not form a solid rectangle.

jtrucker

Baronet
This is why I hated the fall set, the barn needed a road which and the other pieces were all misshapen to not form a solid rectangle.
This is actually incorrect IF you had used each piece only once. In that case it was (is) perfect rectangle including the road.
But many (most?) players opted to have more of ATT or more of this or that, in the other words, many players used multiple identical pieces and usually skipped the 2x2 ochre yard, thus not having the space for the road to the barn

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

It can get pretty close to a solid rectangle. The two layouts I used on live cities:

1603418579005.png
1603418612404.png

One has space for 4 1x1s which isn't too bad. The other is a very nice rectangle.

I look forward to getting more fields in a year's time to make some of the larger layouts with them :)

@Dudettas Can you confirm if the 3 lvl 6 spec buildings can be in one straight line? or are we supposed to make a "triangle" type shape?
Yes, that wou:d be WAY more better and more lovely view over 3 (or more) Winter Bakkeries who stay in a ROW !
I'm not planning to build these Bakkeries, even not in my beta city, EXCEPT if they can be placed in a ROW ... AND giving their extra bonus too that way !
PS : why o why do we "see" a loading screen with those bakkeries staying in a row ... ?

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
If you have 3 Level 6 Bakeries, then only the middle bakery would receive the set bonus for 2 buildings, the two outer buildings would receive only one bonus.

CrashBoom

Legend
if this is the worst winter event ever I have an idea

on live there will be the winter event from 2012 instead
must have been better because there can't be 2 worst

Similar thing happens when you get a Show 2 after a double reward, it will only reveal 2 presents, however you will get 6 Stars instead of 3.

Not sure what other think about it, but feel like that's a weird way to do it (happened to me today) . If I get a double prize I'm also ment to get the prize doubled, which should mean 4 instead of 2 otherwise the prize isn't really doubled at all...

CrashBoom

Legend
Not sure what other think about it, but feel like that's a weird way to do it (happened to me today) . If I get a double prize I'm also ment to get the prize doubled, which should mean 4 instead of 2 otherwise the prize isn't really doubled at all...
people already complained about since the winter event 2013

so I doubt that they change it in the 8th event where that happens

The Lady Ann

Baronet
people already complained about since the winter event 2013

so I doubt that they change it in the 8th event where that happens

no, not every winter event has been complained about, maybe one or two small things within it, but not like this, not every single thing you can think of,

the mechanic, is the mechanic, some people love it some hate it so take that out of the equation and whats left,

the main prize - absolute rubbish - to big, to clumsy to place, rewards far to little for the size of the thing, make each building 3 x 2 or even 4 x 2 and chain effect them that would turn it into a desired set = happy players & diamond spend

and honestly it adds insult to injury to have the splash screen with the chain effect symbol

calendar - what a missed opportunity, take the keys and lockpicks out of the prizes only have 1 key per day in the daily quests

Reindeer's some think they are ok, they for me are not something that impacts on my gameplay so why worry about them

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
no, not every winter event has been complained about
I was talking about "double show 2 is still 2 and not 4"

and that people don't like since 2013 (or was 2012 the first winter event with stars and presents to open)

so how likely is that this will be changed after such a long time ?

the mechanic, is the mechanic, some people love it some hate it so take that out of the equation and whats left,
people really love that double 2 = 2 and getting shuffle randomly ?

Last edited: