• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

Pusso

Farmer
I find it unfortunate that in-app players cannot play events as soon as they become available. They often have to wait several days. It also makes it harder to find bugs to fix before they arrive in live worlds for app-only players.

I thought FoE will spoon feed us again with great prize. Maybe not this time. With postponement of PvP tower, we must expect a not-so-good prize then until they perfect the said feature.
The towers we have I believe are the ideal way to measure a users fighting ability against other users, it's just the rewards are crap for them. If inno really wanted to give us a cool new way of doing pvp, they should do the gbg on a gvg sized map idea and have users duke it out with their nieghbors.

--

I really hope release of new settlement and new event on live wont coincide around the same time. Having to change eras right before/during an event really complicates the mechanics. A little bit too much too soon too?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The towers we have I believe are the ideal way to measure a users fighting ability against other users, it's just the rewards are crap for them. If inno really wanted to give us a cool new way of doing pvp, they should do the gbg on a gvg sized map idea and have users duke it out with their nieghbors.

--

I really hope release of new settlement and new event on live wont coincide around the same time. Having to change eras right before/during an event really complicates the mechanics. A little bit too much too soon too?

Existing towers are hardly ideal - who has the most GBG farm going on isn't a competition with the neighbors - it's more of a comparison of opportunity than ability - and furthermore that person is already being heavily rewarded.

Does tying the neighborhood system into the new PvP towers make sense? it could. Does counting GvG or GBG fights towards it make sense? no. Does basing it on battle-points such that putting a low-point defense is rewarded? no. There are more issues with the current towers than their rewards being worthless.

Owl II

Emperor
The towers we have I believe are the ideal way to measure a users fighting ability against other users, it's just the rewards are crap for them.
The towers we have were the perfect environment for the competition as long as they only extended to the neighbors. Everyone was on an equal playing field and higher was the one who was better. Now the higher is the one who spends more time on quests(in SAAB) or on farming points with Champs. Everyone has 24 hours in a day. But this is a competition, who can not eat, not sleep and not live, but only farm rating points

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
Recap of Week 1 calendar prizes, in order: 10FP, 3 SoK frags, 40k supplies(Lma), 1 production bldg, 2BP's, Victory Tower, 100 Goods, 40k coin(Lma).

safe to say really only two good prizes in this week, 10 fps and 100 goods. We have already completed the quest bonus of 170 stars, so at this point no more Cookies bonuses except for the daily quest rewards of course, meaning you will have 4-5 tries per day to get a key, if you are currently cookieless, in the final 3 weeks.

We can only hope that Cookies are a reward from the calendar at this point.

So about the needed 3 buildings, at this point I'm current on the quests, like most players. I have 1 bakery level 6, and 1 bakery upgrade kit. and 139 cookies in the bank, if it takes on avg 10 match sticks to get a grand prize, that's 100 cookies, correct, We have 24 quests as of today, I think the log on reward is 10 cookies, correct? the quests are at 20 cookies now. so you get 30 cookies per day, cant factor in Incidents since it random. so it will be 3.3 days, and if you are cookieless at this point, to get a grand prize. That's only 6 more grand prizes, my math must be wrong somewhere. 6 grand prizes will be; my next level 1, then a upgrade kit, then 50 fps, i can only assume upgrade kit next, than another random prize and upgrade kit. so for my 2nd building I would be all set, with the 2 more from the quest timeline reward. How the heck do we get a 3rd building to level 6?, perhaps the Calendar gets better and awards a kit behind a door or two? or more logically, I must be missing a key factor in my Cookie math? I'm more of a cookie eater than a cookie thinker.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Anyway, disregards amount of bakeries, can anyone confirm they got any better than first day impression? Like 0.8 att+def in att from square which is equal to sakura lvl 2 introduced 2.5 years ago :) (yes i know sakura is pure att and here is def in att but 1x1 sentinel lvl 2 gives 4.0 ratio so we basically need rocket out our att value from Grand prize). Or is it just wait for sentinel and its upgrades day event?

jtrucker

Baronet
I must be missing a key factor in my Cookie math? I'm more of a cookie eater than a cookie thinker.

You are missing nothing from the math, it is absolutely correct. You can get three bakeries (thus full bonus from them) ONLY when you pay diamonds. It is that simple. This event is complete diamond trap. It actually consists of 3 diamond traps:
1) The reindeer sleight (or moose or whatever they are) - 3000 diamonds for mostly useless junk

2) The calendar - it is mathematically impossible to get 32 keys for free. No buts, not maybes, impossible, period. So that's 500 dia per missing key (well, if you really need 200 FPs, which most players will receive at least once per week from Himeji. And the extra upgrade for whole calendar - dunno, might be cheaper to buy the stars. Depends on how many keys will be missing)

3) To have full bonus from bakery you need three of them, again, by the same math, you will get about one and half on average, (PERHAPS you might get two if you are extremely lucky with the matches) for free. In no circumstances will you ever get three for free. It just can't happen, the math is very simple:
40 rush tasks for 10 stars = 400
30 daily tasks for 20 stars = 600
30 daily logins for 10 stars = 300
reward after 38 tasks = 170
total 1470 stars = 147 presents = 147 matches... Each match lights up 1-3 candles, so lets average on 2 = 294 houses lit = 14 times the city. That is 7 upgrades since upgrade is every second prize.
For 3 maxed out bakeries you'll need 15 upgrades, 3 are from the quest line, so 12 need to be obtained from the lit up cities. Not happening.
And yes, you will have A FEW MORE stars in total = from incidents and likely you'll win some in the presents. Still, you will never have enough more of them to change the outcome.
And that didn't count the lvl 1 bakeries which you need to obtain two more somehow - they will be in the lit up city, but I'm not sure whether they'll be between upgrades or instead of the upgrade (didn't get that far myself yet)

So yes, to "win" this event and to obtain full bonus from the main event buildings will cost A LOT OF DIAMONDS.
Unless they change the star reward for the tasks to like 20 for rush and 30 for daily or something like that... Very unlikely, but they did surprised us in the past by making some positive changes. It does not happen too often, but it does happen from time to time. This IS beta after all.

Conclusion - very, very disappointing but not at all surprising. Have fun...

6zeva9

Baronet
You are missing nothing from the math, it is absolutely correct. You can get three bakeries (thus full bonus from them) ONLY when you pay diamonds. It is that simple. This event is complete diamond trap. It actually consists of 3 diamond traps:
1) The reindeer sleight (or moose or whatever they are) - 3000 diamonds for mostly useless junk

2) The calendar - it is mathematically impossible to get 32 keys for free. No buts, not maybes, impossible, period. So that's 500 dia per missing key (well, if you really need 200 FPs, which most players will receive at least once per week from Himeji. And the extra upgrade for whole calendar - dunno, might be cheaper to buy the stars. Depends on how many keys will be missing)

3) To have full bonus from bakery you need three of them, again, by the same math, you will get about one and half on average, (PERHAPS you might get two if you are extremely lucky with the matches) for free. In no circumstances will you ever get three for free. It just can't happen, the math is very simple:
40 rush tasks for 10 stars = 400
30 daily tasks for 20 stars = 600
30 daily logins for 10 stars = 300
reward after 38 tasks = 170
total 1470 stars = 147 presents = 147 matches... Each match lights up 1-3 candles, so lets average on 2 = 294 houses lit = 14 times the city. That is 7 upgrades since upgrade is every second prize.
For 3 maxed out bakeries you'll need 15 upgrades, 3 are from the quest line, so 12 need to be obtained from the lit up cities. Not happening.
And yes, you will have A FEW MORE stars in total = from incidents and likely you'll win some in the presents. Still, you will never have enough more of them to change the outcome.
And that didn't count the lvl 1 bakeries which you need to obtain two more somehow - they will be in the lit up city, but I'm not sure whether they'll be between upgrades or instead of the upgrade (didn't get that far myself yet)

So yes, to "win" this event and to obtain full bonus from the main event buildings will cost A LOT OF DIAMONDS.
Unless they change the star reward for the tasks to like 20 for rush and 30 for daily or something like that... Very unlikely, but they did surprised us in the past by making some positive changes. It does not happen too often, but it does happen from time to time. This IS beta after all.

Conclusion - very, very disappointing but not at all surprising. Have fun...
Only out by 70. 32 Day Event (over 33 different days) and we get 20 to start with.
Depending on Incident and how many times you find the shuffle, 17 Grand Prizes out of the 23 needed for 3 Level 6 Bakeries, should be possible for free.
If you Average of 2 is maintained then 6 times 100 Stars purchase (at 1,050 Diamonds each) will be the least number of Diamonds to get 3 Level 6 Bakeries.

Owl II

Emperor
Thats 2 full bakeries right now or considering up kits from quests? So looks like you have plenty of time to for 3rd bakery. Hmmm...
My second bakery is only lvl 2 now
I don't see the point in putting 3 bakeries for fighting bonuses. 2 or 4 is better. All I have in Cirgard now, better than the bakery. I won't build them there at all. So I'll have to say goodbye to Bianca portrait:confused:. I will put two bakeries on beta just because I have square for them and I will get 2 extra upgrades, to my calculations. This is not a reason to think about the third bakery
Edited: But why did I decide that only an even number? We can have any number of bakeries, only they must stand in turn: gingerbread, macaron, gingerbread, and so on

Last edited:
I've only finally got a forum account now, as I, as it seems like many others, really want to get all my annoyance about this event off my chest. I saw (on the first couple of pages to about 6) that many of yous have written similar things but just wanted to summaries what stuck out for me.

1. The Calender
In principle, it's a nice idea meaning that we should try and open presents every day. However to make it work and to make it realistic the calender should only have something like about 15 or so locks which would allow players to collect picklocks or keys on alternating days meaning that we at least would have a chance at using it, otherwise it's simply a waste and I wouldn't assume anyone (even massive diamond spenders) would go for it and try it. Or another idea would be to also be able to find keys (or even just key locks) when you light the lights in the houses? Like at least give us all some chance at getting those doors open ( 24 would be the real number in a true advent calendar, might also be an idea to look into?) And also maybe making it 5 or so picklocks needed for one key and not 10, which is like needing 10 days for 1 day missed / one day where one did not have enough stars and luck to find a key.

2. The Bakery set
When I first saw that set spoiled to us a wee while ago I thought it looked simply amazing and would fit very well into my live world city (which includes all 4 seasons with a Christmas corner). However, looking at the size of the building set I really do not see how that should fit in any city with pretty much everybody already struggling with space. Why not make the bakeries a wee bit smaller ( when I first saw them I thought they would be the same size as the train carts 3x2 to perfectly fit in front fo the train as an addition). Really sad about it, as I was looking forward to having a nice addition to my Christmas village. The fact that the bonuses of the set aren't anywhere nearly as good as other special building on the same space would have are just more reasons to just be sad and unhappy about how this event building has turned out to be.

3. The sleigh
Last year I just felt like it was a one-off and enough people would have complained about it so it would not appear in that way again, but no it's back and it still costs way too many diamonds for what it is worth, so to say the most I actually in some way do love the concept of the sleigh, but please just make it a wee bit more affordable and less " well either you spend a lot of money or you get nothing".

4. The Houses lighting up
I love the concept of the houses lighting up and really happy about how it turned out. However, feel a wee bit irritated by the purple colour, but guess that's what the developers liked about it?

There seems to be more to say about this event, but all in all, I just feel very disappointed about how this event has turned out. It looked so great spoilered to us and I was very excitedly waiting for it to start, but now I am really not looking forward to the event coming to the live servers at Christmas, knowing it won't in any way be a nice addition to my Christmas village.
Really hoping that the developers might still change some of those issues with the event if enough of us complain otherwise most of us won't have a great time playing the Christmas event.
Very sad and really hoping some things regarding this event will change.

Last edited:
Inno, seriously? Who came with this brilliant idea?

You expect us to use a space of 9x5 just to benefit in full of ONE 3x5 building?

And of course, the only interesting rewards of these buildings come when they are near other unique buildings of the set.
And of course, a ton of diamonds are needed to be spent for them.

Inno, you are more of a disapointment each day.

This is one event I won't even bother with in the "real"worlds.

Last edited: