• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser6863

While I was working in the local schools they all use the Northern Meteorological Seasons for their calender's. They also use these as there terms. So for children the 1st December is the first day of Winter. When the children came back to school after their summer holidays it is in the autumn term, which starts on the 1st September.

DeletedUser8341

Nope, it is the first day of winter in my country, from old times and still pretty accurate (winter does start around those times). No not the ISO version, but you didn't offer any definition to your Winter start either. My point was though that what is considered first day of winter differs.
Not really. Around the world, in seperate societies, people observed the longest and shortest day and generally called these the beginning of the year or half-year. Quite disparate societies seemed to seperately note the mid-point between these events and split the year up in to four parts accordingly. These have been, effectively, designated seasons for so long that we really don't know how many millennia. The only difference is that the seasons are six months apart between the northern and southern hemispheres but the days they start and end is the same.

Only societies which developed so close to the equator that the difference is not very notable split the year into anything else (ancient Egypt, for example, had 3 seasons and modern Egypt tends to observe only two). Like those closer to the poles, these societies observed seasons that correlated to the stages of growth and decay through the year.

I have always been amazed at how many people can finish an 'education' at school and be so totally confused as to when the seasons are, or why. (I was also one of those ignorant children.) It doesn't help that many schools (in the UK, at least) call a term that is mostly in Spring, "Summer Term", and a term in Autumn that usually ends even before winter starts, is often called "Winter Term", and the term in Winter is called "Spring Term"! Nevertheless and despite the confusion both of the educational establishment and the bodges of some met. offices, the solstices mark the beginning of seasons, as do the equinoxes. Given that our planet's meteorology and biosphere and largely controlled by the impact of the sun, and therefore by the change in axis of the globe, it makes sense that seasons are started and ended at these points, which they are.
astronomical-summer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I think it's safe to say that Frosty's referring to the ingame season, in other words the Winter Event, and our own seasons or temperatures are a bit irrelevant for that context. :)

DeletedUser8406

BUG:
1) I won the 2x prize
2) Next round I won Shuffle
3) then prizes shuffled (once only)
4) on the next round I won anything, but only 1x.

DeletedUser

BUG:
1) I won the 2x prize

I remember this happened to me last year too and the result was the same. In this case the 2x price seems lost =/

DeletedUser730

My turn for feedback:
- the one quest per day thing is nice, as usual. sure, we'd probably want to finish everything ASAP, but then we'd get bored
- changing the daily 10 stars to be like a quest was a very good decision
- the fact that the building set has no layout that will give you 100% all possible boosts sucks. IMO it makes the set very unappealing. it's like saying "i can give you $10 per day, but i'm only going to give you 8, because screw you"

All in all, I will not be bothering too much with the event on the live servers. I will do what I can, and not focus on getting any buildings from the set, but rather FPs, rogues, SoKs, HoFs and all that stuff.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
BUG:
1) I won the 2x prize
I remember this happened to me last year too and the result was the same. In this case the 2x price seems lost =/
Pretty sure it's not lost, you do get twice the Stars. :) As the 'Shuffle' item gives +10 Stars, you get +20 with the 2x item.

DeletedUser8754

Please leave any feedback for this years Winter Event in this thread.
You can find all the details here.
I joined Beta during when the Winter event began and it has been difficult for me to complete certain tasks due to me coming in below iron age. For instance, there's one where I have to win 5 battle without losing. It's difficult to do so when I have soldiers ahead of my age to fight on the campaign map and cannot plunder until I go further down on the tech tree. Also, I have a donate goods at or below my age to my guild requirement which cannot be met until I make goods of my age or reach the next age. I tried donating before, I may have been in the Bronze age before but the requirement was not met and the goods were 1 or 2 ages above. So I had to reach another age and then before I could attempt this again. This may be a potential problem area for new players joining around the winter event.

DeletedUser8406

Another visual bug:
When I win "Show two" and one of revealed prizes is "star package", I can't se how much stars is in the package
Clipboard01.png

Addonexus

Farmer
Winter event on Live servers now, i didnt research much, so is there anything that gives same FP per space production as soks, but can be won without diamonds, or little diamonds? If so, which set is that?
Is anyone planning to spend diamond on this set, and whats the best combination so far?
Do the pieces appear only once or twice?
Are there wishing wells as daily special?
Thx for you answers

DeletedUser8410

Double payout doesn't work with Show Two, unfortunately so I got nothing out of opening double payout.

It should show four if you get double payout before showing two, or at least it should carry over to the next box you open afterwards.

RKinG

Squire
Pretty sure it's not lost, you do get twice the Stars. :) As the 'Shuffle' item gives +10 Stars, you get +20 with the 2x item.

shuffle + 10 stars is not credited normal, whit x2 is impossible.
I have just seen it now. I win show, see shuffle and other, i open one shuffle i click and after i raise 10 star to open next. nothing credit 10 star

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
shuffle + 10 stars is not credited normal, whit x2 is impossible.
I have just seen it now. I win show, see shuffle and other, i open one shuffle i click and after i raise 10 star to open next. nothing credit 10 star
Yes it is, I double checked it and saw it before commenting. With normal winning of Shuffle you both spend and receive 10 Stars, so the total does not change at all. With 2x and Shuffle, you spend 10 and receive 20 Stars, so the total increases by 10.

Here's a screenshot of the reward window telling you it's 20 Stars:
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 22.11.32.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser8341

This has always worked this way. If you get a double followed by a show 2 it does not double the show 2, it doubles the stars that come with the show 2.
I think the way it has always worked is wrong. A double should double, not double half. If the whole reward is to show 2 and pay 10 Stars, the logical doubling of that is to show 4 and pay 20 stars.

That something has always been wrong is no reason to expect it to continue to be wrong.