• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5882

I couldn't see if it was mentioned, so I might be repeating...

I have been playing this game for 4 years so I know the winter event format.

While you claim the 10 star daily gift being an improvement, I saw that it was only a +1 improvement over an at least -1 setback

I realized this yesterday when I hit shuffle 3 times over (or 2, can't remember for sure)..

In the past shuffle meant we getting back 10 stars. Yes each time we hit shuffle we would get 10 stars as gift after pressing (re)shuffle, including the starter shuffle..

Because shuffle is not a prize! In fact most of the time it is something blocking our chances to get the special prize by once again resetting the gift cards and making us start from scratch.

Your +10 star gift in the daily event quest actually correspond to the 10 stars we normally got from the first shuffle hit of each quest day. But, we have started to lose +10 star for each shuffle we hit. I have lost 30 (or at least 20) stars for something that is not a prize! So I call it regression.

The starter shuffle may not give 10 stars, but each re-shuffle should return our 10 stars as it used to in the earlier events.

DeletedUser

but each re-shuffle should return our 10 stars as it used to in the earlier events
the shuffle prize shows +10 stars
and if you did not get them that is a bug and should reported as such

Yes each time we hit shuffle we would get 10 stars as gift after pressing (re)shuffle
now each time you win the shuffle you get 10 stars without pressing (re)shuffle

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5882

the shuffle prize shows +10 stars
and if you did not get them that is a bug and should reported as such

I will see if that is the case tomorrow (or later). I believe I was carefully watching my star rate but it is possible that I have missed it.

now each time you win the shuffle you get 10 stars without pressing (re)shuffle
Again the same, I thought I was carefully watching if anything would change with the stars and i noticed no change... But I will try to find shuffle and see if it gives stars.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is the most diappointing, idiotic, useless bunch of crap ever. Nine new buildings that don't give much on their own, and chances of getting the set are so miniscule that the whole event is pointless. And more buildings that have to be upgraded in pieces is really stupid. All anyone really wants are affordable SoKs to compete with the big city people who have 100+ that I will never get with events like this. Was waiting for soccer event that never happened, so this is twice as disappointing. Just more pieces to add to the incomplete sets I have from previous events. This one and Spring and Summer used to be fun.

Winter SoKs are actually pretty affordable all things considered - just as they've always been. If that's ALL you want, you can probably save your stars for the days they're the special and walk away with at least 5 or 6. No it's not hundreds - but free players didn't get hundreds in a single event, they got some each event and played for years. Noone's forcing you to spend stars on the days when the underwhelming set items are the prize :)

DeletedUser7779

This might have been mentioned already but I didn't have time to read all the posts.
I think the pieces giving attack, defense, coin and supply boost should be adjusted to each era accordingly and not have a constant value like now. Pretty much like the elephant set from Summer event - the higher the era, the better the boost. Why did you change that??
The way it is now, everybody is getting the same boost, which makes the set much more valuable in lower eras.
Why? Because 9% more attack really makes a difference in LMA for example but not in OF. A coin boost of 10% would be awesome for someone in lower ages, especially if they don't have a St. Marks yet, but wouldn't matter so much to someone in OF with 300% coin boost already.
Please adjust - the set as it is pretty much useless for higher era players atm.

DeletedUser

This might have been mentioned already but I didn't have time to read all the posts.
I think the pieces giving attack, defense, coin and supply boost should be adjusted to each era accordingly and not have a constant value like now. Pretty much like the elephant set from Summer event - the higher the era, the better the boost. Why did you change that??
The way it is now, everybody is getting the same boost, which makes the set much more valuable in lower eras.
Why? Because 9% more attack really makes a difference in LMA for example but not in OF. A coin boost of 10% would be awesome for someone in lower ages, especially if they don't have a St. Marks yet, but wouldn't matter so much to someone in OF with 300% coin boost already.
Please adjust - the set as it is pretty much useless for higher era players atm.
yes just start at bronze age with 5% and add 1% every era or even 2%

clebert

Merchant
That would be a little too much, but starting from 1% and increasing by 1% every 2 eras for the attack boost in particular would make more sense than it is now.
Nice see my friends Big Baloney and Zwucki here :) i agree with them, and if i can tell you
don't worry about the full set, doesn't worth the effort and maybe will not get the full
set without spending diamonds. Save the stars for sok or wishing well. ,and complain
about the stupid quests asking for finish production 40 times. No creativity , nothing
more difficult than that but don't take a long time to get done ?

DeletedUser5429

Today, I got as daily challenge
Finish 12 8hhour productions in production buildings
(plus three other criteria)

And as winter event quest
In a production building, finish the shortest production option 40 times
In a production building, finish a 1-hour-production option 12 times

Nothing impossible, sure, but I guess there is no check regarding quests cumulation at all ?

(also posted in the daily challenge feedback thread)

DeletedUser7529

with a bit of luck you will get tommorow DC requesting finish 20 times 8-hour production, and you will have half job done :p
Or just follow thrend and ignore DC quests and winter event quests - who cares about stars if winning chance is less than 5% (that is hitting daily before shuffle).

MagicMiam

Steward
Hi there
Thanks to people that posted their ideas on how to optimize the new set builidings!
So I guess the feedback is that they can be pretty good but require to win a lot of daily prizes.

Also I hope that we will have the possibility to upgrape confectionnaries :)

DeletedUser7779

Nice see my friends Big Baloney and Zwucki here :) i agree with them, and if i can tell you
don't worry about the full set, doesn't worth the effort and maybe will not get the full
set without spending diamonds. Save the stars for sok or wishing well. ,and complain
about the stupid quests asking for finish production 40 times. No creativity , nothing
more difficult than that but don't take a long time to get done ?

Good to see you here, Clebert :)
And sadly, you're right. I'll probably go for SoKs in my main world on live and for wishing wells in my farm worlds.

I do like the idea of set pieces boosting each other, and especially this new concept of arranging them according to our needs, but right now i do find it too weak in OF, not to mention it's hard to get. Zen Garden and both Summer event sets were way more powerful for less pieces and less tickets/stars (or whatever event currency is) spent.

I'm pretty sure that all players who prefer efficiency to aesthetics will not bother with this set. At least my guldies on live won't.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Latest layout inspired by andi's 'same size as a terrace farm' approach (11 pieces, all fully active) :

nominal space (half count for road) : 35 - 36 (roads could be top and bottom or it could be planted in a corner as below)
13 goods
5 FP
6% atk
5% def
5% coin
5% supply

Code:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
r/-----+-----+-----+-----+-----\
r|moose meadow     |toymaker   |
r+                 +           +
r|                 |           |
r+-----+-----+-----+           +
r|halm |tink |mfort|           |
r+bock +tent +-----+-----+-----+
r|     |     |smorgasbord|halm |
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+bock +
r|sugar baker|sstar|mfort|     |
r+           +-----+-----+-----+
r|           |candlemaker|
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+

It meets the 'as good as SoKs' line for space, but nowhere close on prize wins if you still need stuff. The 6% atk is a nice improvement - the rest, meh. And I still stand by the assertion that it should be made easier by coupling up some of the crappy prizes.

I'll probably either go for set pieces or not play the event at all on my main world (don't need more rogues or SoKs). Farms will be wishing wells. New world will be rogue hideouts and SoKs probably.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7779

Latest layout inspired by andi's 'same size as a terrace farm' approach (11 pieces, all fully active) :

nominal space (half count for road) : 35 - 36 (roads could be top and bottom or it could be planted in a corner as below)
13 goods
5 FP
6% atk
5% def
5% coin
5% supply

Code:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
r/-----+-----+-----+-----+-----\
r|moose meadow     |toymaker   |
r+                 +           +
r|                 |           |
r+-----+-----+-----+           +
r|halm |tink |mfort|           |
r+bock +tent +-----+-----+-----+
r|     |     |smorgasbord|halm |
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+bock +
r|sugar baker|sstar|mfort|     |
r+           +-----+-----+-----+
r|           |candlemaker|
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+

It meets the 'as good as SoKs' line for space, but nowhere close on prize wins if you still need stuff. The 6% atk is a nice improvement - the rest, meh. And I still stand by the assertion that it should be made easier by coupling up some of the crappy prizes.

I'll probably either go for set pieces or not play the event at all on my main world (don't need more rogues or SoKs). Farms will be wishing wells. New world will be rogue hideouts and SoKs probably.

Nice setup, but didn't you reverse all the pieces? Like the Halmbock is 2x1, not 1x2. So in that case, you can't use 2 Halmbocks, which makes the set weaker (to me, as I am all for the attack boost ;)). Or you can use 2, but then you can't use the tinker's tent. Still better than TF of course, but it requires roads on 2 sides (at least 10), while a TF requires at most 6.