• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

DeletedUser8823

Yes, its accessible. I didn't hack INNO xD

You just have to know where to look

DeletedUser5097

Yes, its accessible. I didn't hack INNO xD

You just have to know where to look
Haha and where must we look?:p Anyways regardless I'm very happy that you
did want to share it with us.

I just don't like to said something without knowing the facts, but I think it's leaving
me with a bittersweet feelling when I finish a outpost, regardless of how good
the build is. I really hope we don't have to place all this buildings in our own
city and having some other ''outpost'' area where we set it all up. It would make
more sense to build the outpost outside our cities untill it can stand for
itself. Even if this is the case, I would love to have a option to visit my outposts
again.
Anywas I'm excited to see the outposts coming to the game.:) Can't wait to
seeing it and as it looks I think it's something that is not multiplayer and that's
great, but maybe later in the future maybe a guild outpost for multiplayer would
be intressting, like GvG and GE, kind of a guild city. Would be lovely to seeing
the outpost this winter.

DeletedUser8859

I would hate to work an event to win certain special buildings and then after events ends have all the specials won (no matter if I finished the event or not) gone. What to keep after the event? Just a new accomplishment telling I completed the Foreign Culture event once?

If outposts are implemented, with deletion at the end, at least to have the event special buildings to go to the Inventory for future rebuilding at the city at the player choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
From what I understood, we would need to build an outpost and develop it following a questline. Once the questline is finished, the outpost "disappear" and we can start another one. What we gain from this are special rewards. That could be like the rewards we get from GE (but hopefully NOT face of the ancient or gate of the sun god...).
But it seems that there are too many buildings and items to be just that, unless the questline is a very long one.

DeletedUser

Tbh I don't think these questlines will be completed in a few days. ;)
Way too much work for such a huge update.

DeletedUser

If outposts are implemented, with deletion at the end, at least to have the event special buildings to go to the Inventory for future rebuilding at the city at the player choice.

This is a different kind of event, but when it comes to what u keep, it´s most likely just like other events, u get to keep the good stuff.

I hope we get some land to build this on, if i have to make room for it in my own town it su...

Devilsangel

Baronet
I'm still a bit perplexed how the "feature": "gvg_free_for_all" fits into this.
Doesn't this mean that not only the player receives rewards but the guild should get something prestige/power out of it? And it's an endless thing it can't be an event...so maybe more like GE but with a different time frame
As for the prizes, well it doesn't say anywhere that they have to be placed in the settlement :) win there and bring back home sort of thing maybe

DeletedUser5097

I'm still a bit perplexed how the "feature": "gvg_free_for_all" fits into this.
What do you mean? In the spoilers there was nothing about GvG, just a new feature known
as outposts and discription that we as player must building up a good reletionship with it
and helping building up, untill it's able to take care for itself. To be honest I think GvG is
something very diffrent then this outposts. Afterall GE is also related to GvG.;) If they introduce
GvG free 4 all and it would have to do with this, it would be said in the discription.:p

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
What do you mean? In the spoilers there was nothing about GvG, just a new feature known
as outposts and discription that we as player must building up a good reletionship with it
and helping building up, untill it's able to take care for itself. To be honest I think GvG is
something very diffrent then this outposts. Afterall GE is also related to GvG.;) If they introduce
GvG free 4 all and it would have to do with this, it would be said in the discription.:p

Actually, that assumption would appear to come from this post:

feature": "gvg_free_for_all

AA gvg is "AllAge" so free-for-all is new

Devilsangel

Baronet
Yes...that one :) sorry didn't quote it...GE is sort of gvg, we do get guild power from it and have other guilds involved in the competition to get the best boost...how will this outpost bring benefits to the guild is what I'm interested in :rolleyes:

I wonder if this will be a guild GB, that everyone contributes to. which then gives some benefit to either the guild or to members. or else it could be about worlds competing against other worlds. WvW instead of GvG

Devilsangel

Baronet
"Repeat Your Success

Once the questline is finished, the Outpost becomes self-sustainable. You can then select a culture again to do another playthrough! "

Totally missed this part:oops: but if we can select a culture does that mean there will be more than just Vikings at some point;)

RedRed

Viceroy
Haha and where must we look?
In your browser, of course :p

CPI8sbn.png

Last edited:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
"Repeat Your Success

Once the questline is finished, the Outpost becomes self-sustainable. You can then select a culture again to do another playthrough! "

Totally missed this part:oops: but if we can select a culture does that mean there will be more than just Vikings at some point;)

I wondered about that too.
But considering the number of buildings, there must be more than one questline for the Viking culture (even if it takes many days to complete it)

I hope we get some land to build this on, if i have to make room for it in my own town it su...

I do hope too, and I think we will since I can't imagine having 2 Town Halls in the same city. We might access to this land with the Viking ship.

Also, I don't know if we have all the spoilers for the buildings, but so far there is no military ones (unless I miss them). Does it mean that it would be only diplomacy quests and no fight ?