• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

-Alin-

Emperor
Anyway, not sure how many noticed, but after this update the GbG is lagging while fighting, and no it is not from my laptop nor the computer, both are very fast, also not a cache issue either(laptop with ryzen 6600h, 16gb RAM, rtx 3050/ computer is i5 9400f, 16gb ram, rx 580 and M2 ssds on both).
No matter the time of the day, the windows and fights are lagging a bit and are slower than usual, but that's only on GbG, even after refreshing is still the same.
Some of my guildmates noticed the same.

Deactivating stacking fix the issue.

Last edited:

joyfulrider

Squire
but at the end of the dilemma: players have more unattached units left when using the attached units and they die first instead of unattached ones :rolleyes:
(die first is not always given. sometimes they are just injured and be replaced)

as I already said:
you can hide the split (if not on app, sorry if you are)

and if you can't you are in the dilemma :D (again: looks like app s****)
Intention to have this config/split which myself referring to. Also, attached units are very less (those will be high only till early stage of the game) but highlight given to unattached unit. If it given to attached unit means, look and feel of units is more good with less load of unit indicator when opening army window.

My intention is, this classification removed means just a matter of fact new players might get disturbed initially and when they realise or improve their game to not keeping military building in the city, they don't mind about this useless setting. Because of initial day pain, throughout the game extra slot maintained for attached and unattached unit with or without using the setting or config (which you might be aware of it, If not sorry for it). Is that difficult to understand this annoying slot split indicator? Something is blocking you on understanding this:D

Now with this split, you know which attached unit should not be used to avoid recruiting unnecessarily in case of losing it. Because of this unwanted classification, stacked units also having the split, which is not good.

mdnzg

Farmer
Don't know how fast(or not) y'all can click, but i tried it again today and is a real big difference for me whether the stacked option is on or off.

Attention - Just my assumption:
I think the lag in changing the units from active army to stack is because there is now an additional condition where units are sorted.

Don't know how fast(or not) y'all can click, but i tried it again today and is a real big difference for me whether the stacked option is on or off.

Attention - Just my assumption:
I think the lag in changing the units from active army to stack is because there is now an additional condition where units are sorted.
I'm far from world record 17,4 CPS with avg of 6,5 - 7,5 CPS.
Just tried: https://clickspeedtest.com/
LOL

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Intention to have this config/split which myself referring to. Also, attached units are very less (those will be high only till early stage of the game) but highlight given to unattached unit. If it given to attached unit means, look and feel of units is more good with less load of unit indicator when opening army window.

My intention is, this classification removed means just a matter of fact new players might get disturbed initially and when they realise or improve their game to not keeping military building in the city, they don't mind about this useless setting. Because of initial day pain, throughout the game extra slot maintained for attached and unattached unit with or without using the setting or config (which you might be aware of it, If not sorry for it). Is that difficult to understand this annoying slot split indicator? Something is blocking you on understanding this:D

Now with this split, you know which attached unit should not be used to avoid recruiting unnecessarily in case of losing it. Because of this unwanted classification, stacked units also having the split, which is not good.
Initial stage it is useful. That's it. Many players including @CrashBoom doesn't depend on attached units including you. There are times when we look on it. On the event quest time, when ask to recruit. 3 or 5 units of same age, myself delete the attached units of same age to get slot free from the military building (example hover tank base / nail storm) only when event building has already running with the 24hr timer.

It's useful on timely basis, but I agree for removing slot split when highlight indicator turned off when stacked unit config enabled. That Dev's need to fix it.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Please make a config to hidden damaged units or put them in the back.

After few Fights, it makes no difference if they are stacked. You still have to scroll to finde the units.
damaged units must remain easily accessible because we use them regularly, even when we have healthy units.
For example to put defenses in GvG

Korazzo

Farmer
Why it is needed?
Damaged unit will move to the last set of same army unit type and it will be easy to use even with having few damages in it. Really not getting the reason for hiding the damaged unit.
I normally replace the damaged/injured units with fresh ones to avoid that the fighting force shrinks too much and I loose a battle. This is important in the GEX. So the list of damaged units in different states will increase especially for agents. So if you have just 3 groups: fit bound units, fit unbound units and damaged units the list will be much shorter. An option to hide the damaged units completely would be superior. Maybe you can add this as an additional setting so the user can decide if s/he wants to see the damaged units

-Alin-

Emperor
Realistically that’s probably going to be the best solution for desktop without adding extra stuff to the interface
For mobile too, not only desktop.
When I post I mean for both.
Similar will be for phone, main stacks will stay in front of every era and after the stacks all injured units, that will be he best variant for both devices, no need to hide, other tabs, whatever, is good for everyone, and GvG sieges aswell for pc players.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
For mobile too, not only desktop.
When I post I mean for both.
Similar will be for phone, main stacks will stay in front of every era and after the stacks all injured units, that will be he best variant for both devices, no need to hide, other tabs, whatever, is good for everyone, and GvG sieges aswell for pc players.
If dev's share the API code logic used for stacking and separating the damaged units, it will be much useful to suggest perfect solution. Currently, all are asking to move the damaged units to last slot. But they are grouped based on unit type to position in every tab. Visually what you mention is very correct, just checking the possibility with the grouping and sorting of unit type based on age.

Let's take small dive now,

Considering All units tabs with two different age units stacked, grouped and sorted based on unit type sequentially. Whenever player opens the army window, the action of stacking/sorting take place. Here, if you want to move only damaged units out of the actual sorting order position, unit type needs to be something else. Unfortunately, ours is same unit type which has already sorted with rest of the different unit types. I don't get any ways of implementing this without removing the initial sorting and grouping order of units presented in the army window.

Let's say, a b are the two ages with 1 2 units category type with x20 unit each and rogues too
a1 a2 a3 - latest age
b1 b2 b3 - previous age
R - rogues
Now grouping, sorting and stacking.
[a1] [a2] [a3] [b1] [b2] [b3] [R]
x20 x20 x20 x20 x20 x20 x20

After battles, a3 and R units got damaged and order presented like,

[a1] [a2] [a3] [a3d1] [a3d4]
x20 x20 x18 x1 x1

[b1] [b2] [b3] [ R ] [ R ] [ R ]
x20 x20 x20 x16 x1d2 x1d3

-- d letter with number denotes total damaged red bar of the unit. As you can see, rogues listed 2 units less since 2 units lost in battle, whereas a3 has all 20 units after battles but 2 got damaged.

Now, our logic to move the damaged unit to last slot. Like I mentioned with letter 'd', each unit should be now keep a damage flag as a reference. When units get damaged, damage flag set to 'true'. Main step, when grouping or sorting triggers, units whichever consists of damage flag set to true will not be considered and there current index position will be recorded and once all other non damage units finsihed, these damaged units pushed into last slots with index position which has lower gets displayed first since it is highest age unit.

Here attached and unattached doesn't get compromise to stay in same house/slot, that's need an explanation from Dev's which raised earlier itself. According to me, stacked unit logic is very simple, but moving damaged unit is not a simple one. Without the actual code, gave my perception on how things will get impact. It would be better, if Dev's share any comments to CMs or Mods regarding it.

vakini

Squire
I dont understand why citydefence troops cant be activated the way defending troops in PvP is activated.

and if Rouge and Champions (from newest TA) is placed first or after the troops from Newest TA, then the wounded troops, and the Armymanagemen-window would bee better, specially in combat.

If wounded troops is needed then press thebutton of the trooptype you need and then you have both ready troops and wounded

ArianX

Merchant
love the feature, but only works for a few hits, then all wounded troops make it look like before.
Wounded troops should either be hidden, or like it was said, (and i believe a bit easier to do), be shown after all healthy troops, that way if you need the for gvg def, you scroll a bit right. but when fighting you dont, cos all your healthy troops remain in sight.