• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

All Free Now

Marquis
Our community members are much caring people. They don't want to see injured soldier getting into battle again. Members kindness level is astonishing.

Myself not having that kindness, since made the injured soldier joins battle till death:(

Stacked units feature is really a good option in the game. After production carousel, sector siege camp count and sector labels change and multiple rewards, this one is joining the best feature introduction in the game. (Excluding aid all due to annoying ads)

Stacking is great in general, but it needs improvements.
- move damaged units to the end of / behind all units in "Show all units" tab
- add separate tab or hide option for city defenders
- stack together attached and unattached units if highlighting of unattached units option is "off"

Last edited:
Someone mentioned earlier that he has a lag problem if the units are stacked and he quickly clicks to replace them.
I have not experienced this.
Instead, I experience a slight lag in my head as to which unit window to click, because without stacking it was any with a particular type of unit, and now it has to be that one with a stack. o_O :D
A matter of habit...

joyfulrider

Squire
I always used attached ones first (at same health. sometimes even attached with lower health than the unattached I could use instead)

reason:
if I lose an attached I get it back with recruiting
a lost unattached is gone forever

actually not

a specific unattached can't be produced again. you produce a different one.
one not lost unit and one produced unit = 2 (and at the end of a month = 30+ if you get one every day. for example from an event building)

but for attached you train the same slot in the military building: in a building with 4 slots you always have a max 4 units. if you lose them you get one in the same slot: on the first day after training all = 4. at the end of a month still = 4
How do you assumed you recruiting the same lost attached unit. It is not the same one, once attached unit lost, you are bringing new attached unit in the same slot. The same way when unattached unit which got lost, it will be gained from event building or Alcatraz again. Why to stress it like, it is not the same unit which got lost earlier. Why you care so much. If the unit is lost, either military building or event building produce units and additional help of Alcatraz too, what you trying to achieve there. Are you worried about coins spend to produce the attached units. If that's case, having Alcatraz GB levelling and placing military building without unlocking any slot is enough. No coins wasted and units will be added with frequent collection.

Seriously, giving specific attention to attached unit like which you mentioned is surprising me lot. All these years playing, didn't thought to give any attention to the units like that and didn't needed also. Your wish and your play style, I don't want to comment anything on it, but for me it is just unnecessary.

How do you assumed you recruiting the same lost attached unit. It is not the same one, once attached unit lost, you are bringing new attached unit in the same slot. The same way when unattached unit which got lost, it will be gained from event building or Alcatraz again. Why to stress it like, it is not the same unit which got lost earlier. Why you care so much. If the unit is lost, either military building or event building produce units and additional help of Alcatraz too, what you trying to achieve there. Are you worried about coins spend to produce the attached units. If that's case, having Alcatraz GB levelling and placing military building without unlocking any slot is enough. No coins wasted and units will be added with frequent collection.

Seriously, giving specific attention to attached unit like which you mentioned is surprising me lot. All these years playing, didn't thought to give any attention to the units like that and didn't needed also. Your wish and your play style, I don't want to comment anything on it, but for me it is just unnecessary.
This is of some importance at the beginning of the game, when you are in IA, Alca is still at a low level and the guild reduction in production time is small.
Then, and only then, production from military buildings is simply faster, so it is better to use attached units first.

CrashBoom

Legend
It is not the same one, once attached unit lost, you are bringing new attached unit in the same slot.
it is always ONE attached per slot you have at the end of EVERY day
(same or different doesn't matter it is one unit for me)

The same way when unattached unit which got lost
but I don't lose the unattached when I use the attached one from above
so after 2 days I would have 2 unattached, after 3 days = 3

so let's compare you and me: let's say we both lose one unit per day.
I use the attached one and lose that every day, you use the unattached unit you got that day and lose that in a fight
so after one week
I have: 1 attached unit (because I already recruited it again at the end of the day) and 7 !!!! unattached because I lost the attached unit every day
you have: 1 attached unit and 0!!! unattached because you lost your 7 unattached units

is that so difficult to understand ???
every lost attached unit makes an unattached that I haven't lost that I have more

but why do you have attached units in the first place when using unattached and not them first ?

CrashBoom

Legend
This is of some importance at the beginning of the game, when you are in IA, Alca is still at a low level and the guild reduction in production time is small.
Then, and only then, production from military buildings is simply faster, so it is better to use attached units first.
and if you don't care about it anymore because of too many units
then you don't have attached units anymore. just one military building in a corner where it doesn't have the 2-lane-street it would require
:D

but as long as you produce attached units that has a reason
and for that reason you should use them first
:p

CrashBoom

Legend
One thing puzzles me very much, why so much importance given to attached and unattached units. All units have one purpose, do or die.
What they will try to achieve by having that classification? every unit can be produced with specific time duration and nothing can be handled differently.
and just wondering
if you don't care about attached and unattached

why don't set the filter to unattached only
then you only have one stack for each unit type and not a 2nd for the attached ones

so people who care about their unattached ones and want to take the attached first --> 2 stacks
people who don't care about and ony using unattached units --> hide the attached ones :D

so there is already a solution for that that fits everyone :)

.Chris

Baronet
where exactly, is it like cloud storage or invisible storage for every player. how they keep track if it is not visibly presented anywhere.
After hiding, healing still performs and purpose of hiding damaged units is gone, because all damaged units might be recovered with full health after sometime. In that case, system should uncheck automatically if no damaged units in the invisible storage in which server needs to track again for every playero_O
Exactly how they store the data is only known to the devs; with my limitted programming knowledge I would guess an array.

Your game data (# of expansions, buildings and their placement in the city, Castle points, etc. etc.) is all stored on the servers of Inno (in a way you could call it the cloud, I guess). Every time you log on to the game this data needs to be downloaded or at least compared to the data that is stored on your device. That's why you need an internet connection if you want to play the game.

Therefore it is absolutely irrelevant wheter or not something is visible on screen. The server always knows. :oops:

CrashBoom

Legend
where exactly, is it like cloud storage or invisible storage for every player. how they keep track if it is not visibly presented anywhere.
After hiding, healing still performs and purpose of hiding damaged units is gone, because all damaged units might be recovered with full health after sometime. In that case, system should uncheck automatically if no damaged units in the invisible storage in which server needs to track again for every playero_O
server always know the exact health and timer for healing
and healing happens on server side or does healing stop when you leave the game?
the browser only display that information but it doesn't happen on player side
(if it would happen on player side the players could cheat by changing their clock)

so if you don't have healthy units anymore to fight it would be time to reload the game
:D

joyfulrider

Squire
it is always ONE attached per slot you have at the end of EVERY day
(same or different doesn't matter it is one unit for me)

but I don't lose the unattached when I use the attached one from above
so after 2 days I would have 2 unattached, after 3 days = 3

so let's compare you and me: let's say we both lose one unit per day.
I use the attached one and lose that every day, you use the unattached unit you got that day and lose that in a fight
so after one week
I have: 1 attached unit (because I already recruited it again at the end of the day) and 7 !!!! unattached because I lost the attached unit every day
you have: 1 attached unit and 0!!! unattached because you lost your 7 unattached units

is that so difficult to understand ???
every lost attached unit makes an unattached that I haven't lost that I have more

but why do you have attached units in the first place when using unattached and not them first ?
See, you are in dilemma. You can only produce if slot is free. To get slots, you need more building. But unattached doesn't have such criteria. Keeping one event building with units produce daily without any trouble. Or one military building with Alcatraz produce without any issue. Is that so difficult to understand and engage them in battles without giving any particular attention to them.

Final question which you asked you may know the answer already. But what I say is, just for now assume no indication of attached or unattached unit. What is the loss for you in battles. Say like slot recruited if lost means, coins and time used to produce will be wasted. You don't want to waste that since game is initially constructed with attached units only. To obtain, unattached units it takes time. But if the slot is free, city gets as indication for slot is free in military building. Beginners who start the game with less coins, this may support very much but once unattached unit comes into place in their city, they will be loaded with more coins for sure. Coins spending and time-consuming are regular aspects of the game.

Units to have this split is no use at all. Are you going to get shock like, one of the attached unit slot unknowingly used in the battle and got died :p

CrashBoom

Legend
See, you are in dilemma.
but at the end of the dilemma: players have more unattached units left when using the attached units and they die first instead of unattached ones :rolleyes:
(die first is not always given. sometimes they are just injured and be replaced)

Units to have this split is no use at all.
as I already said:
you can hide the split (if not on app, sorry if you are)

and if you can't you are in the dilemma :D (again: looks like app s****)