• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
They shouldn't be hidden by default.

It would have to be a check box. Ideally in the army management window itself instead of the settings tab of the account.

Hide injured units? --> Active/Inactive
Unit health stays the same, Is that fine by doing hiding?

Completely ignoring the heal option by using the checkbox. This is not correct.

Retired Guy

Marquis
Re damaged units.. options
- a "show damaged units" selection , .. optimal.. and think this is required
- stack by health .. some of us are quite happy to use 9/10 units, even 8/10's
- leave it as it is.. in a race, it's easy to select damaged units as they're next to the stack of healthy, but we'll learn how to select better..

.Chris

Baronet
Unit health stays the same, Is that fine by doing hiding?

Completely ignoring the heal option by using the checkbox. This is not correct.
I am not sure I understand what you mean so my reply might not address your concern.

Imho the healing of a unit should be separate from it's visibility. However the feature is implemented, the server still needs to keep track of
  • The units a player has.
  • The health points each unit has.
Therefore units should be able to heal even if they are hidden.

If you are referring to actively healing a unit then you simply uncheck the "Hide injured units" box (that's why I'd rather have this box in the army management window rather than the settings).

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
server still needs to keep track of
  • The units a player has.
  • The health points each unit has.
where exactly, is it like cloud storage or invisible storage for every player. how they keep track if it is not visibly presented anywhere.
After hiding, healing still performs and purpose of hiding damaged units is gone, because all damaged units might be recovered with full health after sometime. In that case, system should uncheck automatically if no damaged units in the invisible storage in which server needs to track again for every playero_O

Retired Guy

Marquis
Stacking should put the healthy units first.. if you select "all units" , even by an age.. the damaged units will interrupt the list and push the other stacked healthy units to the end..

joyfulrider

Squire
WOW, I cannot believe it still. Army window gets an update from FoE team. That too with stacked units.
Appreciate the effort from the dev team. They did a fantastic job!!

Few comments posted earlier gave me feel like, till today nothing suddenly one change given and asking another change within that.
I like the way how it is now in both device PC and Mobile.

One thing puzzles me very much, why so much importance given to attached and unattached units. All units have one purpose, do or die.
What they will try to achieve by having that classification? every unit can be produced with specific time duration and nothing can be handled differently.

Olddude

Farmer
I for one love it and agree that if Injured troops can go all the way to the end it will be better. Best improvement I have seen in a long time

Yekk

Regent
I think players who are willing to heal units with diamonds are not using the option to hide damage units ;)

but wondering: who is healing in army management ?

for me healing would make sense:
- between 2 waves
- or get back a dead unit from a higher age after the fight
I use higher age troops. At times having 1-2 rogues with one tick of damage in the mix is a smart move as the AI will target them first leaving the high age troop alone. Although the idea of stacking troops is awesome I am finding the fact all damaged rogues show now which is not acceptable. Least damaged 20 is more than enough. As for healing units on tough GBG tiles when I am at high attrition (when I am at 115-125) it is sometimes necessary to heal my higher age units to win the tile.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Without stacked unit concept, how damaged units didn't got this much attention. The behaviour is same with and without stacked units. The current mechanism avoided the scroll for healthy units and placed damaged unit right in front where the same type full health units.

If players wish to use, heavy, artillery and rogue units, those specific category tabs much useful with stacked units whereas "all units or first tab" if no damages units, it looks very easy from there. But, if having damaged units, mixing of heavy/artillery/rogues are expanded respectively with each of their damaged units next to it's full health units. It's affecting the stack unit real worth.

My humble suggestion is, bring one extra tab which display only full health units similar to "all units tab". Do not want to disturb current all units tab since the approach is okay without stacked units logic (may be for me). As per my suggestion, the new tab shows stacked full health units only when stacked units setting enabled. If not, it can show only full health units without stacking. If players picked them and units got damaged means, it will be visible on their respective category tab or in current all units tab. So no problem for any one. No hiding and no trouble in healing which can be maintained as usual.

Settings to players with my suggestion with or without stacked units logic,
All units tab - active or inactive
All full health units tab - active or inactive

For sure, more lag will be encountered when both tabs available, hence given settings to control it.

Problem solved, no hiccups in this!!

Emberguard

Emperor
One thing puzzles me very much, why so much importance given to attached and unattached units. All units have one purpose, do or die.
What they will try to achieve by having that classification? every unit can be produced with specific time duration and nothing can be handled differently.

Attached units take up real estate in your city. If you don't use the Attached Units first, then that space isn't giving anything back to your city. Unattached on the other hand doesn't take up any space or resources, so there's nothing lost if you never use the Unattached.

There is far more lost if you don't use the Attached Units, because you could have used the space in your city for anything that isn't a Attached Unit building

CrashBoom

Legend
I always used attached ones first (at same health. sometimes even attached with lower health than the unattached I could use instead)

reason:
if I lose an attached I get it back with recruiting
a lost unattached is gone forever

actually not

a specific unattached can't be produced again. you produce a different one.
one not lost unit and one produced unit = 2 (and at the end of a month = 30+ if you get one every day. for example from an event building)

but for attached you train the same slot in the military building: in a building with 4 slots you always have a max 4 units. if you lose them you get one in the same slot: on the first day after training all = 4. at the end of a month still = 4

Last edited:

varikor

Farmer
Great change all things considered! However I have one technical suggestion for the way the grouping works.

Presently the system organizes the army loadout as : Defense troops > Stacked aged troops > Injured aged troops > Stacked all age troops > Injured all age troop.

This means after a number of fights, once a player has taken accumulated a decent number of injured troops, the stacked rogues tab falls out of the window and you have to go searching for them.

I think if instead the system organizes the army loadout as : Defense troops > Stacked aged troops > Stacked all age troops > Injured aged troops > Injured all age troops it would work far better as the rogues wouldn't get buried outside of the window.

varikor

Farmer
Also, if Inno is interested in looking at some further optimizations, giving fighters more flexibility with the UI would be amazing.

In particular, options to

Hide/Show certain types of troops

Customize the sorting order of the unit types. (eg I might want Grenadiers to take #1 sorting order, then Gliders get #2, and Dragons #3, and Rogues #4.

Hide/Show injured troops has been suggested already, but listing here regardless

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
My humble suggestion is, bring one extra tab which display only full health units similar to "all units tab". Do not want to disturb current all units tab since the approach is okay without stacked units logic (may be for me). As per my suggestion, the new tab shows stacked full health units only when stacked units setting enabled. If not, it can show only full health units without stacking. If players picked them and units got damaged means, it will be visible on their respective category tab or in current all units tab. So no problem for any one. No hiding and no trouble in healing which can be maintained as usual.

Settings to players with my suggestion with or without stacked units logic,
All units tab - active or inactive
All full health units tab - active or inactive

For sure, more lag will be encountered when both tabs available, hence given settings to control it.
This would be a perfect mechanism for both PC and mobile. But, very much doubtful from Dev's implementing a new tab in the army window just to show only health units.

If this gets implemented in the game,
I will keep the following settings regularly,
Stacked units logic - Enabled
All units tab - Disabled
All health units tab - Enabled

-- with these settings, army window opens very fast since the first tab is full health units which avoid damaged units.

Every scenario handled in it. It's upto Dev's to give us one little benefit like this.