• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

CrashBoom

Legend
But unfortunately, they are not the only ones playing the game here.
my idea would be for ALL players
because ALL players could decide if they want to use the option to hide damage units or not

As a fact, there are other important things to adjust before hiding damaged units and this one is not suitable for every players whereas hide defending units will be a best fit for every players in the game while stacked units in place.
but why do you need to hide defending units ?
that are just 8 ?

the army window is showing 18 units
so enough place to show 10 stacks (more units than almost all age have including showing the no age units. except OF)

so the impact of showing defending units (8) is minimal to that of damanged units (MANY MANY after fighting long)
because defending units are not forcing players to scroll to the end to reach rogues. the damaged units are :rolleyes:

IN SHORT
hiding damage units --> NO SCROLLING EVER ANYMORE (when age filter is set)
hiding defending units --> again scrolling after some units are damaged

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
and BTW

NOT EVERY PLAYER:
- the players with no defense und just spearfighters don't see defense :D
- players who are using previous age units as defense also can hide the defense already by selecting their age :p
Don't want to drag another thread discussion with PC and mobile. But it is related to PC and mobile once again. PC has two rows for unit selection in army management window and mobile has single row. That's all, rest I will leave it to your imagination.

CrashBoom

Legend
Don't want to drag another thread discussion with PC and mobile.
I am 100% browser player since the beginning. never played the app

and for that reason everything I say applies to the browser version and could be totally wrong for the app

PC has two rows for unit selection in army management window and mobile has single row.
I didn't know that: sorry

so that means: the window is almost full with defense o_O
only solution now would then be: select current age and make defense different age

I already thought yesterday: why no screenshot in the announcement
and now I think: a screenshot for app and browser would show the difference of both versions

pic.jpg
you are right: app really needs hide defense

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
Well, this thread sure got derailed quickly. Now everyone's talking about damaged units instead of what actually got changed with this update lol

It's always 'why didn't you guys do this instead' with these things, isn't it? :rolleyes:

ehm, why not have assigned units (e.g. in defending army) stack, if they are the same unit and same type? saves some room in the selection area. or, just display the defense army somewhere else (or make it possible to hide it)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
ehm, why not have assigned units (e.g. in defending army) stack, if they are the same unit and same type? saves some room in the selection area. or, just display the defense army somewhere else (or make it possible to hide it)
Especially since Inno does not use the same method as the city defense army and the PvP arena defense army.
Even there it lacks consistency.

On the FR forum, a member often repeats (and he's perfectly right) that Inno always adds new features without thinking about what already exists.
This is why we regularly find ourselves with wobbly things.
And that's why players would rather Inno revise old features than create new ones.

A/B testing again? Because my units are not stacked and there is no option in settings. Playing on PC.

EDIT: And I just checked on my phone and no stacking either. So I guess it is A/B testing...

mdnzg

Farmer
There is a noticeable lag if you click very fast with the Stacked Option "on". I switched already back and forth between stacked and not stacked. Think i will stay with the non-stacked option if this feature will not become faster