• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Summer Event returns for 2021

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Seems they added supplies as base production. Also medals to both the base production and random rewards of the Pirate's Hideout itself and removed the chance for Military Units. Even if we still doesn't know the exact stats it's not a good change. Military Units are much more useful than medals.

From the announcement:

Wait, it's also a change from defense boost for attacking armies to attack boost for attacking armies. Personally I prefer to have the defense boost for attacking armies as it was, even if the attack boost also is of use. Lots of changes all the time and the event hasn't even started...
And it has went from sounding great based on the description without numbers to more of ok. Useful still, but not outstanding.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Seems they added supplies as base production. Also medals to both the base production and random rewards of the Pirate's Hideout itself and removed the chance for Military Units. Even if we still doesn't know the exact stats it's not a good change. Military Units are much more useful than medals.

From the announcement:
Thanks for the warning, I missed the nerf that removed military units out of the chance. This
devaluates the hideout so much that I lost interest already in it entirely. At first I thought with
a daily chance for units + some additional goodies from the shark shallows the build would
be decant enough for it's size but the nerf to swap units with medals is just a huge turnoff
for me.
Hopefully they'll swap the useless medals out of the chance prod. for units at lvl7. As it
produces medals anyways. Even with att. & def. % on it, the nerf to taking off units even
out of the chance pool is an extreme turn off for me. The eagle mountain already gives
att. and def. %.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Thanks for the warning, I missed the nerf that removed military units out of the chance. This
devaluates the hideout so much that I lost interest already in it entirely. At first I thought with
a daily chance for units + some additional goodies from the shark shallows the build would
be decant enough for it's size but the nerf to swap units with medals is just a huge turnoff
for me.
Hopefully they'll swap the useless medals out of the chance prod. for units at lvl7. As it
produces medals anyways. Even with att. & def. % on it, the nerf to taking off units even
out of the chance pool is an extreme turn off for me. The eagle mountain already gives
att. and def. %.

well it no longer says it gives defense, so just attack % anyways. Probably more flavorful for pirates = attack. Still could be worth having - but yea, probably nothing amazing.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy in that case I've even also missed that they swapped the bonuses. The hideout went quickly today from decant to a huge
turnoff. Outperformed in all ways it's offering now by prior event buildings and eagle mountains as nearly all its usefulness is
stripped off the build even before Beta release. I wonder how much worse they can nerf it as the nerf train took the poor building deep into event building limbo.

If it's just a % chance to get fp daily, then the attack bonus better be at least equal the per space ratio of the House of the Wolf, which would make it 30 attack bonus in FE. Anything less and it's just either a temporary fit or AD fodder.

Amdira

Baronet
So why did they remove the chance for units? I like the idea to get some units inbetween and especially it's nice for beginners with no or a low alca. Maybe I'll go for the Villa then or the Crow's Nest.