• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Summer Event returns for 2021

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
In announcement is says chance only for fp and units. I wonder what else will be on the chance side?
From the announcement;
From level 3, you will have a chance to receive Goods and Supplies. At level 4, a chance to receive Forge Points, and level 5, units.
So, at level 3 goods and supplies are part of the daily gamble, from lvl 4 are the fps added and lvl5 the units. Afterwards the potential
amount of each will be increased.

BritishBoy

Marquis
From the announcement;

So, at level 3 goods and supplies are part of the daily gamble, from lvl 4 are the fps added and lvl5 the units. Afterwards the potential
amount of each will be increased.
So it's a mix of Governors villa and crow's nest huh? I wonder if they put some diamonds on lvl 9?

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@BritishBoy at the moment of writing this, it seems like it, indeed. They didn't mention
diamonds. So, I guess diamonds as a chance is exclusive trades for Wishing Well,
fountain of Youth and the Craw's nest, if I'm not mistaken are that the only 3 buildings
that have a chance to produce diamonds. FC can boost diamonds from quests and
Blue galaxy can double diamonds from the 3 special buildings with a chance for
diamonds.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Seems like the Captain's Anchorage chain building has been changed from 1 unit to 8% defense boost for attacking army. That makes the building better imo, however I think a building that gives (multiple) units would have been very cool and quite a unique thing. There are a lot of buildings that give attack boosts, but not a lot that produce units. Especially for newer players who don't have an Alcatraz, this could be a very nice way to produce additional units. If anything, I would prefer if the Shark Shallows (which seems to have been buffed from 6 to 9 goods) got the defense boost, and the Captain's Anchorage kept the unit production, but with a higher production than 1 unit.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Seems like the Captain's Anchorage chain building has been changed from 1 unit to 8% defense boost for attacking army. That makes the building better imo, however I think a building that gives (multiple) units would have been very cool and quite a unique thing. There are a lot of buildings that give attack boosts, but not a lot that produce units. Especially for newer players who don't have an Alcatraz, this could be a very nice way to produce additional units. If anything, I would prefer if the Shark Shallows (which seems to have been buffed from 6 to 9 goods) got the defense boost, and the Captain's Anchorage kept the unit production, but with a higher production than 1 unit.

I'd agree that 2 units instead of 1 might've at least made it something someone could talk about being interesting - although I think I'd still have deemed it not what I personally wanted.

8% defense in 10 squares is pretty disappointing too - i.e. compared to road to victory which I already consider not worth building it both has less defense per square and doesn't give goods.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
With, 'The Tropical Cafe', you will not only receive a beautiful summery addition to spruce up the Event Hub, but also a 3 day 20% recruitment bonus. Certainly, something you may not want to miss!
I am shared.
As much 20% on the speed of recruitment seems enormous to me (some will be able to harvest their alcatraz 2 times per day) as much 3 days seems to me little for 21 days of event.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
I prefer defense boost for attacking army instead of units, even if units would have made the Captain's Anchorage more unique. But the boost should be a bit higher to really be interesting. It's the same as the Olive Grove, but didn't build that one either for the same reason. In fact I skipped to attach any fields to my Terracotta Vineyard. The Fisherman's Pier I think need more fp as well, 4 fp in 10 squares isn't so efficient.

The Pirate's Hideout in itself seems really interesting to build though. Even if we don't have the exact stats yet to be sure.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'd agree that 2 units instead of 1 might've at least made it something someone could talk about being interesting - although I think I'd still have deemed it not what I personally wanted.

8% defense in 10 squares is pretty disappointing too - i.e. compared to road to victory which I already consider not worth building it both has less defense per square and doesn't give goods.
I fully agree but also for somewhat more advanced players. We have more than enough military bonuses building and the hideout does
give it on its own also. The units would be somewhat more valuable as there's always usage for the influx of more units into an army.
I was at first surprised with the unit, I guess they confused buffing stuff with nerfing it.
As it stands now I'm only slightly interested in the shark shallow for it's look and gonna steer clear from the rest. The gov. villa is significant more interesting now and the main building as it's described if the productions and
bonuses are as royal as the building's size

D-Best

Squire
I hope we will be able to get at least one building because this is still the worst mechanic (including the one from the winter event). It is almost impossible to get something usefull from that wheel, especially something you'd like.

Last edited:

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
If anything, I would prefer if the Shark Shallows (which seems to have been buffed from 6 to 9 goods) got the defense boost, and the Captain's Anchorage kept the unit production, but with a higher production than 1 unit.

Nonono. Not everything has to be catered towards combat.
Goods are good. Negotiations are a thing too, you know.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Tahrakaiitoo exactly that's why some players consider building and boosting up their Star Gazer.
While I'm mostly interested in military support I kinda regret I didn't collect goods producing decorations
for my vineyard. In particular for the purpose of expansive negotiations in GbG when my military can't
handle the opponents anymore. Also newer players are probably more interested in building up and securing
a reliable stream of goods. Most starters are satisfied for a while with the attacking GBs and offensive existing
event buildings.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Seems they added supplies as base production. Also medals to both the base production and random rewards of the Pirate's Hideout itself and removed the chance for Military Units. Even if we still doesn't know the exact stats it's not a good change. Military Units are much more useful than medals.

From the announcement:
At level 1, it will have a base happiness, population, and coins boost.

From level 2, you will receive medals and supplies, and at level 3, a chance to also collect Goods! At level 4, there is a chance to receive one of the following - Medals, Supplies, Goods, or Forge Points!

Finally, from level 7 onwards, you will also receive an attacking bonus for your attacking armies.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Seems they added supplies as base production. Also medals to both the base production and random rewards of the Pirate's Hideout itself and removed the chance for Military Units. Even if we still doesn't know the exact stats it's not a good change. Military Units are much more useful than medals.

I am pretty sure I will not go this year for any of the sets parts, werent good before and now are worse than were, same as I done to the ForgeBowl event, nothing interesting in those sets, maybe only the lawns with forge points about which I dont care too much.
I hope that main building will give something better at least per its space used, 5x6.