• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion The future for FoE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kommodor

Merchant
each world must be individual without a large number of farmers who interfere with showing certain achievements, so I only play the beta version ..

Townjest

Farmer
Yes sadly this is leading nowhere... as i was warned from players who had tried this before me !!

I can not wrap my head around Inno Games and or so called CM is allowing this cheating to continue.. It can only lead to honest fairplaying players leaving the game for good, or as some has written to me in PM, begin to use the same tools to cheat..
I can honestly say, that i will rather quit the game than begin to cheat myself !!

To Pericles the Lion : "Why would you think that someone is obligated to reply to a PM?"
I would like to believe that a CM for the game SHOULD reply to a PM !! Or why is he even in the position ??

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I would like to believe that a CM for the game SHOULD reply to a PM !! Or why is he even in the position ??
I think you haven't understood the role of a CM and that he doesn't always have a free hand to express himself and even less to take sides.
The concern is just above the CM but you still have to accept it instead of "shooting the messenger".

Nessie

Baronet
@Freki: Your voice matters - as Irish statesman Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good [people] to do nothing."

Townjest

Farmer
I think you haven't understood the role of a CM and that he doesn't always have a free hand to express himself and even less to take sides.
The concern is just above the CM but you still have to accept it instead of "shooting the messenger".
But would you agree, that it would okay for a CM to respond something like "We take matter serious, and i have raised the consern with developers. I have forwarded all inputs, and its now in their hands"

Instead of dead silence !!!

So yes i would still argue that the CM is incompetent of his position !!

LordTachikawa

Merchant
But would you agree, that it would okay for a CM to respond something like "We take matter serious, and i have raised the concern with developers. I have forwarded all inputs, and its now in their hands"
I think that has been said many times and in many ways. I fail to understand why some people feel the need to say things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ... or expect others to.

Balinor

Steward
I think that has been said many times and in many ways. I fail to understand why some people feel the need to say things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ... or expect others to.
Some players think their opinion at the moment is all that matters so who cares if this has been debated ad nauseum for over 3 years
The OP is new to the beta forum
So a bit of posturing and foot stomping when they aren't immediately responded to is to be expected
The insults and rude comments ,especially to the mods, show their lack of forum etiquette

Townjest

Farmer
If this issue has been said/pointed out over and over again..... Why has it not been resolved ?

To hear from a Moderator who has been in business for many years, and that kind of attitude, that there is noting to do-ish.. Then there is only one thing to do. To proclaim that FoE is a scammers paradice and all cheaters are welcome !! Dont mind the thousands of honest fairplaying players that spend lots of real money.... No lets all cheat the heck out the game !! But what if it was Inno's money or diamonds, which was been tamered with ? Then Inno would certanly do something and fast !!
But now, its only players who are getting made a fool off, so lets all keep quiet and pretend everything is allright..

I have said what i wanted to say, that Cheaters needed to be kicked, but Inno doesnt share that moral, so i am looking for a new game, where fairplay is been kept by developers, and any cheaters are been banned for ever. Be cause this kind of attitude from Inno and Moderators is just unbelieveable and i hope that FoE ends ud beeing only cheaters who doesnt pay for anything, so both parties can enjoy each others lack of moral and ethics !!!

I can not wrap my head around Inno Games and or so called CM is allowing this cheating to continue.. It can only lead to honest fairplaying players leaving the game for good, or as some has written to me in PM, begin to use the same tools to cheat..

Blaming the CM for alleged cheating is like blaming the meteorologist for your rained out picnic. Will cheating result in a mass exodus of "honest fairplaying" player? I think not. Thus far, you have railed about rampant cheating but have yet to offer any information about how this cheating affects your game. Since you are highly ranked in Beta, are a member of a high diamond Guild, and battle 2500+ times/week I don't think you could provide a convincing argument that cheating has materially diminished your gaming opportunity. Since the examples discussed in this thread, and others, deal with alleged cheating in GvG, and since only a small percentage of players participate in GvG (I read somewhere that it's only 5% of the base), I think that the impact of cheating on the overall game has been greatly exaggerated. INNO would know for certain and, perhaps, this explains their response to the matter. I get it that you are morally outraged but you need to accept the fact that other players have a right to be ambivalent.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I don't know how the regulations are in your country, but in France you can't punish without proof and any proof must be beyond doubt.
So even if you have the intimate conviction that a specific player is cheating, without proven proof, it would then be worthy of a dictatorship to sanction him to simply calm the others down.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Just to throw in something else: What is described here can be compared with "absolute justice" (more information here: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Justice#Absolute_Justice). "Supporters of Absolute Justice believe that the eradication of all evil and illegal activities and the prosecution of those who violate the government's laws is the highest priority, even if it requires sacrificing innocent lives or engaging in immoral acts, since the end justifies the means." I am not a fan of that type at all. Many here in the forum already know how I act, that I care for players and try everything I can do to make the game a better place for everyone.
This whole topic about the specific guild here on beta get's annoying, if you receive multiple reports every day from the same players, you check them almost daily and react depending on your findings. However, I know that the part, where I check it is a black box for you, but I can't give you any more details, since every bit will help cheaters getting harder to find. For example (will not say if this is true or not): I say we track every click in gbg and ban, if you make multiple clicks on the same position or if you do more than 2 fights per seconds.
Now, cheaters will set their scripts to slightly vary the coordinates and cap their fights at 2 fights per second. They still cheat and don't have to move the mouse or do clicks and will get undetected. And since we confirmed, where and what we track, way more will abuse it, since they know, they will not be detected.
Sounds bad, doesn't it? This is exactly, what we want to prevent.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Blaming the CM for alleged cheating is like blaming the meteorologist for your rained out picnic.
A little bit of comedy here. There were times I would love to throw a shoe at the meteorologist for giving us misinformation about the weather. This was in the 1980s when I was a kid that was going to enjoy a day at the beach. Instead the rain came about. It was from then I decided (through decades when the internet was commonplace) to go into sites that are trusted for my weather information.
Will cheating result in a mass exodus of "honest fairplaying" player? I think not.
Now, seriousness sets in. If you weren't in a game that had a lot of players quit over cheating tactics then more power to you. However, I was part of two games through my gaming life that I can say had a mass exodus of players due to cheating. In that time, it had affected the gaming economy of certain servers (in the case of gold botting cheats) where normal items were overpriced, making it hard for those to normally buy from other players because of inflated greed. The other, I had previously mentioned, was cheats duplicating items and equipment (especially from the "premium currency" stores); in the same manner that diamond hacking I read about from other forums is on this game. Or, as they say, why buy when you can "hack" your way through? Some of us have standards and would not resort to such.

So basically, cheating does affect everyone. Lack of support from support (in dealing with cheats) is what drove the final nail on the game's coffin. Will this happen on here? I don't know. I can't say "yes", but I can't say "no", either. At that moment, it'll be on the support's hands in dealing with such through their avenues.
I don't know how the regulations are in your country, but in France you can't punish without proof and any proof must be beyond doubt.
In the USA, it's pretty much the person gets arrested for the crime being accused of. Charges brought and time spent trying to see if a person is innocent or guilty of said charges. While I get a person can be guilty for the crime committed, but what of the innocent one that had to waste days, weeks, months, or even years until he/she was proven innocent and cleared. Will they give him/her their time lost back?

When you go after a person, (as you have stated) you must have proof. But what if said proof was given and nothing was done? Justice is too lax these days. Reminded me of a time where I called the police because of a trespasser on the property and they have the gall to ask me if I was sure that the person was trespassing; sure, I guess I can go outside and ask the person if they were trespassing along with if they were armed, going to rob me, going to kill me if I don't kill them first among other things to respond back to the dispatcher taking the call, or they can do their job and send someone out to investigate.
Just to throw in something else: What is described here can be compared with "absolute justice" (more information here: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Justice#Absolute_Justice). "Supporters of Absolute Justice believe that the eradication of all evil and illegal activities and the prosecution of those who violate the government's laws is the highest priority, even if it requires sacrificing innocent lives or engaging in immoral acts, since the end justifies the means." I am not a fan of that type at all. Many here in the forum already know how I act, that I care for players and try everything I can do to make the game a better place for everyone.
This whole topic about the specific guild here on beta get's annoying, if you receive multiple reports every day from the same players, you check them almost daily and react depending on your findings. However, I know that the part, where I check it is a black box for you, but I can't give you any more details, since every bit will help cheaters getting harder to find. For example (will not say if this is true or not): I say we track every click in gbg and ban, if you make multiple clicks on the same position or if you do more than 2 fights per seconds.
Now, cheaters will set their scripts to slightly vary the coordinates and cap their fights at 2 fights per second. They still cheat and don't have to move the mouse or do clicks and will get undetected. And since we confirmed, where and what we track, way more will abuse it, since they know, they will not be detected.
In this day and age, it's pretty much "you or the other person".

As to the cheating bits, they will always find some kind of way to circumvent. In the game I used to play, a botter can get caught out in the open, so they went back to their program to modify the code to add some kind of detection routine and then run it. When a GM comes in, they disconnect and stay disconnected until a set time that they can auto-reconnect to resume. This is where I had stated before that I often kept my forum and gaming matters separate. I was told of a cheating program by other players; little do they know that I was a forum moderator and a "spotter" for most GM assisted "strikes" that I wind up getting them banned after turning in real time capturing proof that they compared with their logs.

Will it go away? I won't think so because of this so-called "evolutionary" phase. However, if we can send them back packing they will think twice.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
And rather than punishing innocent people or leaving cheaters operated on, don't you think that the simplest and most effective solution is:
Remove all GvG consequences from rankings.
So those on the phone could fight on equal terms in the general classification as well as in the PvP towers. And that would make it pointless to cheat instead of fighting windmills.

Thunderdome

Emperor
@DEADP00L very novel concept, mate. The bigger question would be if it would be considered by those at Inno as a solution? For you and me, it would give EVERYONE an equal footing instead of just including one type of players while foregoing the other type of players when it comes to the feature.

Townjest

Farmer
Anoying.. YES its a major factor in why im really close to quit the game !!

Why are you focusing on those who will get rid of cheaters ?? since your high and mighty words about justice.. Shouldnt you be more concerned about getting rid of cheaters ?? Yes you should, your focus on us who are trying to get a FoE without cheaters, needs to stop !!

You should instead focus on getting input on how you could stop cheaters, without ruining the game for the honest players.
So what have been written in this thread so far...?
1) Inno could use Pixel-loggers. Then Moderators could see if there is a pattern, maybe even make a program that collects does datas and make nice and easy graphs, so its easy to spot !! And here its important, not to put pixel-loggers on every player, since it will slow down the game and give an overflow of data !! So simply put the Pixel-loggers on reported players for a given period..
2) why not invite does players who has frustrations towards cheaters into a closed virtual space, where they can assist with ideas to prevent cheating ? Who else uses the game more than players, they are directly in contact with the game long periods of time.. So its FREE help to try and stop the cheaters, maybe Inno could learn a thing.. and as everyone knows, the cheaters are always trying to cheat and therfore exploit the system, and who is quicker to get that information, the Developers or gamers ?

Theese are 2 examples on a constructive way of doing things.. Instead of blaiming honest players for making noice ;-)
And since you and others look at the "blaimers" as beeing of lesser braincapacity, why isnt it you or other clever people who has been puposing this ?

I tried to get that going, but you didnt notice !! Noo i am still a player thats anoying LoL
So why do you think i lost my temper and are calling you incompetent ?
Simply because you're not constructive and trying to get tips and ask if anybody has some other ideas, than those mentioned.. No, you are still keeping quiet hoping this will disapear...

So you claimed that those who knows you, know that you are here to help. So lets get started !!

Townjest

Farmer
Ohh, and yes i know thats its not only up to you Juber !! But you are in the position to be in direct contact to those who can do something ;-)

Nessie

Baronet
Sorry, but pretty pompous stuff.

In addition, the "technical" part is not correct according to inside information from IT people busy in the gaming industry. There are certain ways to detect the use of bots/scripts without any doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.