• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion The future for FoE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Didn't hurt me a bit but, while we're at it, how is "wishing upon a star" working out for you? Show me where "communication and transparency" are INNO obligations and, if you can, to what extent they are obligated. Perhaps it's time to wake up and accept the fact that INNO is communicating to the extent that they care to regardless of any obligations, real or imagined, they you feel they have.

Amdira

Baronet
Do you go to your police office and ask them to show you the record of all their investigations and the names of the villains? And if yes, will they show you? For good reasons they will not.
I see absolutely no sense in asking Inno for transparency bout this issue for the same reasons.
Of course I do know there are cheaters (you won't find a single game without any cheaters), but they don't have any impact on my gameplay. In my opinion cheating is silly while the cheaters think they are very clever. If Inno would have the possibilities to erase cheaters to 100% from the game they could apply for a nobel prize. It's just not possible. Ban one and two others will come. Cheating cannot be erased by rules or punishments as it is an issue of character. You will find cheating in every sort of social interaction. I don't have to agree with it and I don't have to like it, but admitting it as something nobody can change than the cheaters themselves, makes live easier. Karma is working slowly, but it will work out for them some time. Meanwhile you can enjoy your game.

napodavout

Merchant
Hello
If on beta the work is done, it is not the same thing on the Country servers.
when we see players who have been playing for 2 years are gm on,
higher than players who have been playing for 10 years.
A single player in fights type faster than 4 players etc...
Not to mention the double or triple accounts.
FRANCAIS
Bonjour
Si sur béta le travail est fait ,ce n est pas la même chose sur les serveurs Pays .
Quant on vois des joueurs qui jouent depuis 2 ans est on de g m ,
plus élevés que des joueurs qui jouent depuis 10 ans
Un joueur seul en combats tapent plus vite que 4 joueurs etc....
Sans compter les double ou triple comptes

Townjest

Farmer
Do you still believe in the communication and transparency of Innogames?
I'm going to hurt you, but do you know that Santa Claus doesn't exist?
And for the tooth fairy?
I strongly believe in the community, that is what is keeping me playing still !!

Transparency of Inno Games is bit tricky.. First of all, they have to obey the laws. So we can not expect Inno to announce which players are getting caught. But it would be great if they announced how many players are getting caught, so we have some idea, that they are taking it seriously. Which brings me to next transparency issue.. When players are reporting cheaters, we get a standard answer.. " We will look into it.. etc" And this is not giving the reporting players much of confidence on Inno doing something.. People playing FoE for years are not dumb !! They know how to spot a cheater, and in most cases a suspected cheater has been mentioned a lot to Support. I know thats the case in the public world i play in. And boy is it transparent if people are cheating. i wont mention names, but i have real life knowlegde on a player who has told me, that he has a fake account.. It so easy to see in his GB's and especially regarding online and downtime !! i know for a fact that he has been reported multiple times, and by me 2 times.. But still no action by the CM ?? i also know for a fact that multiple players has quit FoE because of that player !! ( If Inno wants proof, they can contact me, and i will give all information regarding the fake account and how the CM has handled it )

I know im not the only one with that kind of experience, and that is a big reason why players are loosing faith in Inno !!

Another reason is if a cheater is caught, they get a short time ban, and maybe there is removed some levels in their GB.. Keep in mind that the cheater has chosen to cheat !! And dont claim that the player was unaware.. So my issue here is, WHY is that cheating player allowed to keep on playing ?
The player has clearly violated the rules, so the player has special kind of moral !! That is why cheating players need to be banned permanently !! To show the community, that cheating is not alloved !!

I have seen players getting removed a lot of levels in the Arc.. But the player has earned a crazy amount on cheating, so the players who has benefitted from the cheat is more than one. Here we are talking Medals, Prints and even FP's.. So the players who has benefitted are most willingly to pay back FP's in the cheaters GB's most likely the Arc.. So there is not a lot lost for the cheating players.. So again, cheating players most be permanent banned !!

And i think its time for Inno to do something fast !! Before a lot of honest players find a nother game, from a different company ;-)

Last but not least, No Deadpoll, i dont believe in Santa Claus :)) But im willing to give Inno Games a chance :)

Townjest

Farmer
Hello
If on beta the work is done, it is not the same thing on the Country servers.
when we see players who have been playing for 2 years are gm on,
higher than players who have been playing for 10 years.
A single player in fights type faster than 4 players etc...
Not to mention the double or triple accounts.
FRANCAIS
Bonjour
Si sur béta le travail est fait ,ce n est pas la même chose sur les serveurs Pays .
Quant on vois des joueurs qui jouent depuis 2 ans est on de g m ,
plus élevés que des joueurs qui jouent depuis 10 ans
Un joueur seul en combats tapent plus vite que 4 joueurs etc....
Sans compter les double ou triple comptes
YES !!! Its the same on the Country servers, sadly !!

But i think if we raises our voices here on Beta, it is going to be taken more seriously :) Since Inno Games / Developers are watching Beta more closely than the individual Country servers.

So its important to let Inno Games know how we feel about cheaters, also if its on Country servers !!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Show me where "communication and transparency" are INNO obligations
No obligation, I was just repeating a promise from Innogames during a previous mass concern.

Naming cheaters is against the law and I wouldn't see any point in it. Not more, moreover, with regard to a possibly number.
I don't care about cheaters, I play for fun, not to monopolize the first places in the rankings or to impress others.
Don't worry about cheaters, only Inno is THE responsible and THE victim of these cheats, not the players.

On the FR server, I reported a player who boasted about pushing and was easy to check.
Do you know what the penalties were?
Definitive banishment of small accounts and banishment of a profiteer for one week.
With a minimum of thought, Inno should have permanently banned the profiteer and temporarily banned the small double accounts created. So the other cheaters would have thought more.

But it doesn't matter, the main thing is to keep playing fun and not to become the strongest in the world. If punishing cheaters is your pleasure, apply for the position of operator.

Willy.

Farmer
Should Forge of Empires be for real fairplaying players or for cheaters ??
For too long cheaters has been able to keep playing, and taking away the enjoyment fomo real fairplaying players, who ends up quiting the game..
So when is it enough for Inno Games, when will they start to do some real stuff, and secure their own games future ??

Inno Games is doing somethings to prevent cheating for sure... But not the right steps !!
For example they made cooldowns on buttons, so you cant speed-click.. Okay, lets break that down on what is does.
For cheaters using scripts, its easy to time those cooldowns, and progam it into the script, so there is no disadvantage there..
For real players, the cooldown is a pain in the a.. So why punish the fair playing part of players ?

What could be done ? Inno could use pixel-loggers, which logs which pixels are getting used, and if there is a pattern.
For a real person it is impossible to hit the same pixel over and over again, and in the same rythm, over a longer period.
And that is what a script does !! You could program more diversity in which pixel is activated, but in the end, there emerges a pattern !!!

Thats pretty easy to do, yes it takes server power, yes be cause their a lot of cheaters!! So i think we would all trade a longer waiting time, over no cheaters ;-)
When we are talking about cheaters, they all use scripts, either homemade or a specific programme.. So to ban a specific programme is useless !! Cheaters can change programme.. So thats why a pixel-logger is perfect, be cause it doesnt do anything else than log the pixels activated, and then its very easy to see if there is a pattern :)

Cheating is relevant on Beta and in all of the other servers in all of the countries.. So where can fairplaying players unite to express their frystrations toward cheating ??
Sadly i dont know.. But here on Beta, we are represented by a lot of different countries, so here we could get feedback from a lot of servers, so Inno Games could see that cheating is a real problem, they need to address quick and hard !!!

They need to hit pause on developing new stuff, thats not keeping fairplaying players in the game, if cheating is continued..
So please Inno Games, Cheating is real, and happening right now, and takinging away the thrill for honest fairplaying players !!
- Dear Beta Moderators and Supporters, this post is not meant to be commented by you. But it would be fantastic if you would report future comments back to Inno Games headquarters, so they could see that cheating is a bigger problem, than they think ;-)

Dear honest fairplaying players. Please comment on how you experience cheating, where is it seen, in which part of the game, if you are getting tired of cheating, and much appriciated if you suggest ways of preventing cheaters to cheat !!!
Do not comment on WHO is cheating or which GUILD is cheating. That doesnt solve anything !!

Best Regards Freki
I am an honest player. I enjoy the game. I am playing the way I want to play. The game allows for that flexibility.

I am also a realist. There have always been those who break the rules and there always will be. Some say that if you can't beat them, join them. There is another option: ignore them. Would we prefer that everyone played Fair? Yes. But their play does not impact my enjoyment of the game.

Besides, the money players can race through the game so much faster than cheaters. I watched a player advance from the Bronze Age to SAAB in one day. There is no way most of us can compete with that. But that is his game. My game is different. I enjoy MY game.
Conclusion: avoid worrying about things you cannot control and focus more on what you can control.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
With a minimum of thought, Inno should have permanently banned the profiteer and temporarily banned the small double accounts created. So the other cheaters would have thought more.
Just to mention a major flaw with that: What If I decide to just pump all my FPs to a great building of a player I don't like. I would have pushed them and they would get permanently banned for it, even though they did not even do anything themselves.
You always have to consider such edge cases when handling bans, especially if they are permanent.

Ya, but when it is Joe, Joe01, Joe02, Joe03, Joe04... Joe25, and they are all in the same guild, and there is no one else in that guild, and they are all feeding each other exclusively, but mainly plain ole Joe to boost that main account, there isn't much of an edge case imho. And no situation like this that I've ever reported has ever had the accounts perma banned, even with a copy of my conversation with them admitting everything attached to the report. That's where my trust breaks down.

napodavout

Merchant
JUBER
I agree with you, this could also be the case.
but an account that does not evolve, which puts 40,000 pf on an alcatraz, which it does not even have.
there is reason to have a big doubt ???
JUBER
Je suis d accord avec vous ceci peut être aussi le cas .
mais un compte qui n évolue pas ,qui pose 40000 pf sur un alcatraz , quil n as même pas .
il y a de quoi avoir un gros doute ???

Townjest

Farmer
Just to mention a major flaw with that: What If I decide to just pump all my FPs to a great building of a player I don't like. I would have pushed them and they would get permanently banned for it, even though they did not even do anything themselves.
You always have to consider such edge cases when handling bans, especially if they are permanent.
If you or another player did that. You would only have to look at the pattern of the donating player and hold it up against the player who got the GB filled. And there will also be some other parameters that will be different, as you know ;-)

But an egde case could be a family in the same household, using some of the same equipment.. But i strongly belive that a familymember wouldnt dumb all of his/her/hen's FP in a GB, if i wasnt be cause that he/her/hen are quitting FoE. And then it would be a one time deal, it would not continue over a longer timeperiod !!

So i still belive its possible to use permanent bans for cheating !! And if there is doubt, then the account/s must be tracked..

And yes cheating is effecting us all !! Be cause its not only used in GB's, but in GvG and GBG regarding Scripts/Auto-clickers !!
So yes cheaters take away the honest fairplaying players fun and excitement in the game !!!
So Inno has to take action even harder than before !! and at least be more investigating and thorough and if they is a minimum of suspition, put "trackers" on the player and manuall check it several times !!

How many cheaters does it take before 100 honest fairplaying players quit FoE ??
Do Inno Games really want to gamble on that ??

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I do not question Inno's way of controlling in order to avoid sanctioning an innocent person, but as soon as the final sanction falls on the 3 small accounts and a temporary sanction for the beneficiary, we must not be taken for fools.
If still no sanction had been taken, the doubt was allowed but there!!!

Personally, just like the suggestions that never see the light of day, I stopped caring about cheaters, I play with my guild members without looking at others.
As I have already said, it is Inno and he alone who will be the big loser by letting cheaters proliferate.

Thunderdome

Emperor
But.... aside from names, they could post weekly or monthly how many cheaters were caught and punished....
For instance..

337 Accounts flagged for Violations this week... .
153 Accounts Suspended
160 Accounts Removed
24 Accounts Under Review
Yeah, and I would be one of those asking who are those that were caught in the crosshairs. For me, if a cheat was caught, they deserved to be shamed and told off. If they didn't want to make the list then they should not have cheated in the first place. In other games, when we know of a cheat/scammer, all types of assistance is barred (for example, if he/she is in a guild, they are kicked off) or farmed (in games that build for resources).
Respectfully, do you think this will prove satisfactory? INNO now claims they investigate cheating and we all are aware of a limited number of suspensions (and perhaps even expulsions). If they are not believed now then how can a weekly/monthly report make a difference? IMO, if INNO takes this step there will be players demanding more detailed information. "Give a mouse a cookie and he'll want a glass of milk". I play a clean game, think cheating in this game is silly but have yet to see how others' cheating has any impact on my game. Nobody in-game is complaining, only here in the Forum and on Global. For me, it's much ado about nothing.
Exactly, I want to know who's been cheating. Not that it affects my gameplay because I play fair, but I want to be sure so I don't do business with them. A game I used to play before it went off the PC world had people that would exploit bugs to get more gold and/or duplicate certain powerful equipment/items. When word came out for both, I wasn't too worried about the gold since I wasn't doing the exploit, but I was more concerned with the equipment/items as I do buy from folks in the game if I cannot make my own (usually the hardest ones I cannot make). The developer was banning people left and right for having such duplicates, including those that bought said duped items. We didn't know that it was duped, and I had to present mine to their support to get that ban overturned. They unbanned my account on the condition that the duped items will be deleted in their roll back update. I lose in the end, though because I was doing a lot of quests to get certain features that I have to do them again due to the rollback.
Bah, no. If there was any (beside the sometimes once-in-a-while ones) things would have been okay.
I'm going to hurt you, but do you know that Santa Claus doesn't exist?
Yeah, he does. I see him all the time in Motown. Him and his old lady.
And for the tooth fairy?
Leave that one to The Rock and Larry the Cable Guy.
Do you go to your police office and ask them to show you the record of all their investigations and the names of the villains?
Actually, I do for the ones that concern me when I need a status update. For others, I am in Facebook groups that would state such to read about.
So, basically, you're saying that there's a bunch of loopholes going about that made some (if not all) my premonitions true. And that is why we still have cheaters on about because they had exploited such loopholes and already know that Inno won't be able to do anything unless it was something out of the parameters to be even considered as banable offense.

So, let me get this straight:

• Your ToS calls for 1 account per world in a server. However, you can allow more than 1 account because of family members. Your IP detection equipment will see that everyone is playing from that one IP address, and then raise concern because of the more than 1 account violation. There are two ways I can say could be done: 1. tell your family members and/or guests that they have to play on their own connection and not on the network you are playing on, -OR- 2. send a message to support in letting them know ahead of time that you will have family and/or guests that might play on your connection (thanks to wi-fi) so you won't be under fire for when it happens. I know majority will not go with option #1, but they have to go through hoops with option #2. Okay, what about this? Thanks to hotspots, if I managed to connect through a Starbucks wi-fi to play (on mobile), do I have to ask everyone that is in there if they are playing FoE so I can be sure I can play if no one is around? I am very sure that Starbucks isn't going to write to Inno letting them know that there would be many people to play, either.

• I am not going to lie, but in swap threads (mainly 1.9), I would get the same people vying for nearly the same places on my GBs. It could be because they have level 80+ Arcs or those same people are getting a good amount of FP in a day that they can afford such a place. Would this mean my GBs have been pushed? Or should I tell them to not go for the same spots because I might get banned for such? Before 1.9 and joining a good guild, I had pumped FPs on people's GBs to get the highest rewards (before swaps and 1.xx, players used to compete for places by putting in the highest amount of FP possible).

So basically, it's a hit and miss with Inno when it comes to it.

Townjest

Farmer
Lets get this back on track ❤️ Yes we are all tired of cheaters !! and Yes we all want to make FoE better for us all, so lets contribute with suggestions on what Inno Games can do to prevent cheaters :)

Inno Games can introduce :
Pixel-loggers, which can track those who uses Scripts and Auto-clickers
They can ban even harder than now, and use more permanent bans, to show cheating is a NO go !!
When GB's are getting pushed, remove the whole GB and all Blueprints from the players inventory

Feel free to comment with more suggestions and how that suggestion will serve as a prevention og penalty for cheaters :)

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Auto-clicker software consists of scripts !! try to google this "make scripts to auto click on pixels" and you will learn that an auto-clicker software can be made with scripts :)
I don't want to go into too much detail, but there is a difference between a piece of software that does actually move your mouse around and scripts that do things in the background for you while you can use your mouse freely. One of the many differences is that they would need to be handled differently from our side.

Be cause They and the Supporters will write "You need to report..." and "We/Inno is doing a lot..." But as you already can see, players are not a firm believer of that.
This is not a topic where you "believe" something. There are things that you just won't know as a player and it will always stay that way.

I've never seen a single one that I've reported get deleted, they just keep on keeping on.
Just to clarify here: we never delete accounts, we only ban.

This topic is nothing that we can handle transparently. We cannot say "push starts at 5k FP" (this is entirely made up), because then people would just use that information and "push" 4999 FP. If we say "we now detect and ban script x" whoever created that script will be alarmed and try a different method etc.
Also, for reasons that have already been discussed here, there will never be any information on specific bans or punishments.

Your IP detection equipment will see that everyone is playing from that one IP address, and then raise concern because of the more than 1 account violation.
When you're using mobile data, a lot of people can share the same IP address, so IP bans cannot be applied.

I'm curious, what would be an appropriate punishment for: pushing, using scripts and using alt accounts in your opinion?

Townjest

Farmer
I don't want to go into too much detail, but there is a difference between a piece of software that does actually move your mouse around and scripts that do things in the background for you while you can use your mouse freely. On of the many differences is that they would need to be handled differently from our side.

This is not a topic where you "believe" something. There are things that you just won't know as a player and it will always stay that way.

This topic is nothing that we can handle transparently. We cannot say "push starts at 5k FP" (this is entirely made up), because then people would just use that information and "push" 4999 FP. If we say "we now detect and ban script x" whoever created that script will be alarmed and try a different method etc.
Also, for reasons that have already been discussed here, there will never be any information on specific bans or punishments.

When you're using mobile data, a lot of people can share the same IP address, so IP bans cannot be applied.

I'm curious, what would be an appropriate punishment for: pushing, using scripts and using alt accounts in your opinion?
Regarding "I don't want to go into too much detail, but there is a difference between a piece of software that does actually move your mouse around and scripts that do things in the background for you while you can use your mouse freely. On of the many differences is that they would need to be handled differently from our side."
A Pixel logger - Logs which pixels are getting activated.. And if you further take that info and put into a program that show which pixels are activated, in to graphs, its easy for Supporters to see if there is a overload onto a single or a few pixels..

Regarding "This is not a topic where you "believe" something. There are things that you just won't know as a player and it will always stay that way."
The believe is to be understood as players believe or trust in Inno Games handling cheaters.
And yes there are things Players wont know... But do you know if any Players actually knows ?? Maybe some Players has been somewhere at some point of time... Thats a hint ;-) Please dont take this personally, this is not a post targetting Supporters og Moderators !!! But targetting Inno Games and they way they are dealing with cheaters at the moment :)

Regarding "I'm curious, what would be an appropriate punishment for: pushing, using scripts and using alt accounts in your opinion?"

Pushing = Remove Players GB and all blueprints for that GB, Banned for 1 week and a "Red notice" to warn that if the Player violates any rules, they will be permanently banned. So 1. time is a "small" ban and penalty in Players GB and no opportunity to quickly come back with the same GB right away.
2. time, then it means the Player dont want to follow the rules, and they had the chance to read the rules.. So no mercy !!

Using Scripts/Auto-clickers = directly permanently banned, there is no excuse, the Player has chosen to use 3. part programmes, or did the programming them selves !!

Alt / Multiple Accounts = It can be harder to deside if its a Players way of cheating, or Players using the same IP or even the same MAC-address. I think there could be cases where a family of lets say 4 players use the same PC...but i dont know.. So in case of Pushing, i would use my suggestion on that.
If we are talking about 1 Player having 10 Accounts on the same server, but every Account is playing their own game, and none of the Accounts are benefitting from each other. I see no problems with that. There is Players arround who are kind of "bound" to there PC/mobile/Unit all day long or the majority of the day and night. Then 1 Account could be kind of boring for them.. I dont know :)) Thats what im speculating on at least, i have plenty to do with my 1 Account on Beta and 1 Account on Public LoL But anyways, if the Players doesnt violate any rules regarding Pushing, Trading Goods, Exchange sectors in GvG or GBG or in any other way deals/trades ect. with their other Accounts, i dont see a problem :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
I don't want to go into too much detail, but there is a difference between a piece of software that does actually move your mouse around and scripts that do things in the background for you while you can use your mouse freely. On of the many differences is that they would need to be handled differently from our side.
Yep, true to the letter on what each does. I only use a script to automate tasks on my "home"-based server of my network when I cannot physically be able (can Team View and drive if I have four arms and two heads). I am a traveling tech, so my office is basically my transport that I travel hours. I can still do tasks for a short bit before I let scripts take care of the rest while keeping my eyes on the road (and occasionally, on the GPS) as I take in the scenic routes.
I think what they were trying to say that not everyone believes in reporting someone. Maybe, it is probably because nothing was done and it is pointless in doing so.
Yeah, for if you delete an account, it can be re-created again without any ban in place as that would have been deleted as well.
I guess the real question is how would Inno differentiate between someone or a group of people who is either generous (in the days before swaps and 1.xx, I would pump in FP to get spots 1 or 2 on someone's GB) or in a group -AND- a player who has alternate accounts throwing all their FPs into that player's main account? In other games I had played in the past, the only way to find out who was cheating was to look at their player name (i.e., Joe, Joe01, Joe02, Joe3, Joe4, Joe5, etc.) as well as their character and/or development. However, there were issues with that (who knows, maybe someone had to use Joe6 as their player name because their desired name of Joe was already taken) that the names were taken off the checklist. Also, the craftier ones would just use different names for their additional alts. Hence why some other games would allow alts (with exceptions as I will explain in the next paragraph).

On bots and scripts, in a game I used to play (no longer in PC version; just mobile), I could tell who was botting. A regular remote item (is what was provided to me by the game) you would auto-walk in a pattern to engage mobs and level up (a premium remote, bought in the item mall, would allow a player to set up spells, heal in battle, etc.). A botter would move in a different pattern (nearly in a square circular one). Coupled with the same character and sequential name, there is a sure bet that the player is a botter that I would launch a report to the support staff to remove such. A GM would come in and remove said person, sometimes banning them and their connected accounts. Over time, the bot's developer(s) get alerts so they tweaked their program to detect the presence of a GM in their immediate area, log off for a set time, and then reconnect after that said time to resume. In other games, I had heard people used scripts or macros and openly admit to using such.

Thanks to technology of today, everyone can stay connected. However, the one question still remains, how do we differentiate those connecting in a gaming hall, a public wi-fi hotspot like Starbucks or McDonald's, or at a hotel from a person running 10 accounts from the same network at home? Dealing with technology as a tech, businesses would just have that one provisioned IP from the telco provider at a location, which I am assuming that your IP detection protocols are using; not the IP addresses on the machine/devices themselves that connect to said switches/router.

While I can secure permission from Inno in letting them know that there might be people playing on their own devices/computers when connected to my guest network, I am sure owners from said business establishments will not write to Inno in letting them know. So, how do we fix that in this case? Simple, we can't, unless we players raise concerns so we don't get banned for an "oopsie" mistake.

Cheaters will always make it difficult for those who don't cheat. Most of them stay quiet, hoping no one will take notice; others would just scream out in the open that they are cheating.

Using scripts or macros should have been banned without question as I am sure Inno has that type of detecting (which was why I was raising a concern about the special features and using an ad-blocker extension that is enabled; because I don't want to disable it as it provided me with a peace of mind, but I don't want to be banned from playing because of it, either) protocol in place.

On pushing and alt accounts, that's a very thick area as discussed in the previous paragraphs, as to how can Inno differentiate between such. I am sure Inno don't want to ban a family of 4 playing together or a hotel that has 20 players playing from different rooms for their stay. However, Inno should ban a player that is willfully using multiple accounts to feed into their main account. Again, how can we tell which is doing which. I guess the only way is for the cheat to scream out in the open admitting to doing such or one of us (with solid proof on our own) reporting them and Inno proactively investigating to be sure it's true before deciding. Also, I am not sure on players that want to create another account in beta to test some features at a lower age than their far advanced city before release to the live servers (since beta only have 1 world; and yes, my eyes lit up on that once mistake of another world before it got removed). I'll just wait until it hits live (and hopefully all bugs are fixed).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I guess the real question is how would Inno differentiate between someone or a group of people who is either generous (in the days before swaps and 1.xx, I would pump in FP to get spots 1 or 2 on someone's GB) or in a group -AND- a player who has alternate accounts throwing all their FPs into that player's main account? In other games I had played in the past, the only way to find out who was cheating was to look at their player name (i.e., Joe, Joe01, Joe02, Joe3, Joe4, Joe5, etc.) as well as their character and/or development. However, there were issues with that (who knows, maybe someone had to use Joe6 as their player name because their desired name of Joe was already taken) that the names were taken off the checklist. Also, the craftier ones would just use different names for their additional alts. Hence why some other games would allow alts (with exceptions as I will explain in the next paragraph).

The majority of "alt accounts on same IP/family members/roommates" get automatically restricted from donating to each other's GBs. This covers the easiest to exploit situations to bring the remaining accounts down to a reasonable workload for support without actually banning anyone who is legitimately just sharing an internet connection.

Atokirina

Squire
App is actually way easier to detect. The app actually has more permissions on the phone and can detect scripts. I don't know if Inno does this, but it's certainly possible and way easier.
Tbh, I think most cheaters using auto clickers do it on the app via an emulator on Pc instead of the browser. On the browser, Inno keeps track of your clicks (don't think location but just timing). I don't think that happens on the app, I would really doubt that.

Only way to be sure is just to test it, and I think the results will be very disappointing. I don't think Innogames is very invested in anti-cheat.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
The majority of "alt accounts on same IP/family members/roommates" get automatically restricted from donating to each other's GBs.
While this can be understood if on a home network or close shared connection, the bigger question is how Inno would differentiate on players that might be on larger single IP provisioned connections like hotels, internet cafes, and the like? The guild I joined in beta have some people residing in neighboring states and/or cities close to me. While I do not know where they live, work, or go for social, what would be the chances of Inno detecting I would be on a shared connection versus I would be on a single connection? Possibly disabling my (or their) ability to donate to their GBs (or mine) for the duration until I get out of range? The only way I can think of is being on my own connection (mobile data) and not going on to wi-fi at hotels, eating spots, malls, etc. if I don't want to worry on it; but that will defeat the purpose of going on wi-fi if on a limited plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.