• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

The Atomium Great Building is now available but what does it actually give?

DeletedUser

It is exactly double the Space Needle for level 1, so it would be a good estimate that it will give around 8K happiness at level 10. The Tower of Babel gives 6 goods at level 1, so it would be a good estimate that it will give around 15 of each current era good at level 10.
Someone else claimed these stats per level:
Goods: 6,7,8,9,11,12,13,15,16,20
Happy: 2400, 2800, 3200, 3700, 4200, 4600, 5100, 6100, 6500, 8000

you are going by the first part of its goods description. It is 6 of current era but LESS for ME and above (far from specific but not going to be 20). It is hard to tell which ME GB is more silly to build

DeletedUser2752

Sorry, misread the ME part. If I had to guess, it will probably give half the amount, but I'm not completely certain

DeletedUser

It is exactly double the Space Needle for level 1, so it would be a good estimate that it will give around 8K happiness at level 10. The Tower of Babel gives 6 goods at level 1, so it would be a good estimate that it will give around 15 of each current era good (excluding ME) at level 10.
Someone else claimed these stats per level:
Goods (excluding ME) : 6,7,8,9,11,12,13,15,16,20
Happy: 2400, 2800, 3200, 3700, 4200, 4600, 5100, 6100, 6500, 8000

8000 happiness means 190 per square which is a lot more than Seattle - 133 - and just a little less than Dresden -204 - and that would make it a must have GB and Im not so sure the FOE staff would give that much happiness for free :p

DeletedUser

8000 happiness means 190 per square which is a lot more than Seattle - 133 - and just a little less than Dresden -204 - and that would make it a must have GB and Im not so sure the FOE staff would give that much happiness for free :p

how does giving less than Dresden make it a must have GB? Dresden is not even close to being must have and it is from 3 ages earlier.... The goods thing is terrible as well, at a minimum, it shouldn't be donated straight to guild treasury for reasons stated above....

At level 10 it is barely better than the non premium happiness buildings (significantly worse if you factor in polishing), and you could build 2 goods factory and happiness building in that space. And you don't have to spend a ton of goods doing that (plus you get more goods per day and you can actually trade them for something to help guild more). And you don't have to spend a million FPs to get to the point that it is even giving any semblance of worthwhile happiness

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

how does giving less than Dresden make it a must have GB? Dresden is not even close to being must have and it is from 3 ages earlier.... The goods thing is terrible as well, at a minimum, it shouldn't be donated straight to guild treasury for reasons stated above....

At level 10 it is barely better than the non premium happiness buildings (significantly worse if you factor in polishing), and you could build 2 goods factory and happiness building in that space. And you don't have to spend a ton of goods doing that (plus you get more goods per day and you can actually trade them for something to help guild more). And you don't have to spend a million FPs to get to the point that it is even giving any semblance of worthwhile happiness

I guess FOE taught me not to be too picky lol. To be frank if I dont wake up tomorrow to see they nerfed my offense GBs that much that I cant even fight a spearman, for me its a good day :D
Lately I had less and less motives to like the FOE staff decisions so every little bit matters :D

PS: And on a more serious note, if they uncap the GBs then all of them might prove good to have someday, even Colosseum - that if they plan to uncap all GBs and not just offense ones because I cant remember for sure which one were in the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess FOE taught me not to be too picky lol. To be frank if I dont wake up tomorrow to see they nerfed my offense GBs that much that I cant even fight a spearman, for me its a good day :D
Lately I had less and less motives to like the FOE staff decisions so every little bit matters :D

PS: And on a more serious note, if they uncap the GBs then all of them might prove good to have someday, even Colosseum - that if they plan to uncap all GBs and not just offense ones because I cant remember for sure which one were in the plan.

Releasing an enormous waste of space, goods, and FPs is a reason to like their decisions? I mean I guess it is better than what you mention b/c we have a choice involved, but this is pretty ridiculous concerning how terrible Space Needle was. This will be the first age that has zero useful GBs. It is like if Notre Dame and Colosseum were released in same age and made 20x more expensive

DeletedUser3499

I think I'll wait to see exactly what the bonuses are for each level are before giving it the Space Needle treatment. Personally I'm not against this GB as of now though. For those people that are in guilds that compete in all ages, whatever goods it provides can be useful. It may take a long time to pay for in terms of goods being used to build it but I would imagine the overall long term value might be worth it.

DeletedUser

The goods thing is terrible as well, at a minimum, it shouldn't be donated straight to guild treasury for reasons stated above....

That's an attempt by INNO to get some more activity going in gvg. If people build this GB and the observatory, goods are going to build up in the treasury. This will encourage guilds to attack in gvg despite the goods costs since the goods are already there waiting to be used. However atomium will mostly only help those guilds with players at the end of the tree, as i doubt any low age players would make the effort to build this GB. Very questionable how many players will bother building this GB, however i'm very surprised how many players have rushed to build the observatory.

DeletedUser2752

That's an attempt by INNO to get some more activity going in gvg. If people build this GB and the observatory, goods are going to build up in the treasury. This will encourage guilds to attack in gvg despite the goods costs since the goods are already there waiting to be used. However atomium will mostly only help those guilds with players at the end of the tree, as i doubt any low age players would make the effort to build this GB. Very questionable how many players will bother building this GB, however i'm very surprised how many players have rushed to build the observatory.
IMO many people built the observatory because it is small. Almost anyone can make the space for a 3x3. It also gives more support (per level) than three levels of any defensive GB, and lastly: it cost 10 of each BA goods to build. That doesn't feel like a GB requirement to me at all.

DeletedUser

IMO many people built the observatory because it is small. Almost anyone can make the space for a 3x3. It also gives more support (per level) than three levels of any defensive GB, and lastly: it cost 10 of each BA goods to build. That doesn't feel like a GB requirement to me at all.

yeah the observatory is a no brainer.

DeletedUser

did they change the description of the atomium? I don't see anything about it giving less for ME goods now

DeletedUser2752

I guess they did:
0i5tE1v.png
makes since to me since its a ME GB :)

DeletedUser

yeah it is now actually worth building although it would still take forever to recoup what you spent building it since you could have still been making goods with that space in same time. I would have to worry that it would be nerfed for later ages too though

DeletedUser3499

yeah it is now actually worth building although it would still take forever to recoup what you spent building it since you could have still been making goods with that space in same time. I would have to worry that it would be nerfed for later ages too though

For all those involved in GvG this gb is more than worth the cost. With decent donations, it actually won't take that long to get back what it cost.

DeletedUser4379

The space/cost/forced donation is truly bad. But, if I donate FP's to this turkey, then, in a sense, I have more than fulfilled my obligation to my guild in donating goods for an equally silly GvG concept. After all, the Atom keeps on giving, so my donation keeps on giving. Let someone else waste the space, for a few FP's, I get the guild off my back while they chase their castles-in-the-air GvG dreams.

DeletedUser3499

The space/cost/forced donation is truly bad. But, if I donate FP's to this turkey, then, in a sense, I have more than fulfilled my obligation to my guild in donating goods for an equally silly GvG concept. After all, the Atom keeps on giving, so my donation keeps on giving. Let someone else waste the space, for a few FP's, I get the guild off my back while they chase their castles-in-the-air GvG dreams.

Maybe just join a guild that doesn't care about GvG and save yourself the fps?

DeletedUser2752

When did anyone mention about forced donations? I'm pretty sure that most guilds won't have it as a requirement if they don't see it useful to a single player on their own. If they do, then as bb6868 says, leave it and find one that doesn't ;)

DeletedUser3499

When did anyone mention about forced donations? I'm pretty sure that most guilds won't have it as a requirement if they don't see it useful to a single player on their own. If they do, then as bb6868 says, leave it and find one that doesn't ;)

I think Amanda dad meant the gb bonus being a forced donation? Personally I think the value of this gb is extremely good. Wonder what it's max value is?

DeletedUser3411

so if im corect, it gives if im in ME. then colonial goods to guild treasure ????
Dis i read that good????????

DeletedUser2752

Refined goods are ME goods. It will produce 6 of each ME good at level 1 (so 30 in total)