• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Tenth Anniversary Event

GateKeeper

Baronet
@Juber, thanks for listening to suggestions and getting changes made. the King and Queen are good looking buildings, would really like to plant these on Live, but the stats still need to be bumped for that, but changing it to a Kit selection was a good move.

I'm still struggling though on what prize I would use the Gold Dice on. What about a Prize, that rotates like the King and Queen prize, that say has a high level Daily prize win chance... something like 75% Daily,... maybe 25% 200 money...something where players would use that Golden Die on the hot daily reward chance.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
In regards to the gift-wrapped incidents... Has anybody seen them since the recent update?
Frequency was supposed to get increased, but I have not seen any afair - might be unlucky or misremembering though...

CrashBoom

Legend
it is the the first building of that type... so saying "always" is not adequate
building with an age (not all age buildings or GB) always care about their age and never the age of the player

so in my opinion always is the correct word

and if a player wants a specific age (higher than the current) he must use one ups or a reno kit

Yekk

Regent
I don't know the chances yet, but the single grand monarchs have been removed and replaced by the selection kit. I would assume, that the selection kit has the highest chance still. I would assume something like:
80% Selection Kit
15% item
5% FPs

It is important you do not give percentages without you personally confirming them first... Remember Guild Perks where you put out incorrect info? Not good.

This change is actually incredibly bad... Before at least we got something we could sell in the AH. Now we get as an item an attack boost. 10th anniversary event quality? More like a 7th anniversary gift in a very bad marriage. Bad enough the daily item is next to impossible to get, the main event building so poor that no one should work for it... You improved odds but twice nothing is still nothing...

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
@Juber
The icon for the previous age goods in the production overview is not correct:
View attachment 7786

on that note... I have not seen an answer to my previous question:
Are the goods of the buildings previous age or the players previous age?
Say player is in SAV and Building is in SAM - will player get SAAB or VF goods?
This issue is known already and will be fixed in the next couple of days. :)
Also, as @CrashBoom wrote, it is from the previous age of the building. So from your example they get VF goods.

It is important you do not give percentages without you personally confirming them first... Remember Guild Perks where you put out incorrect info? Not good.
I wrote "I don't have the numbers" and even 2 times "I assume". I did not announce anything in the announcement, but answered a questions and gave my own thoughts and said pretty clearly, that these are not official numbers. So I don't know what you are talking about.
Also, offtopic: i have not put out wrong information for the guild perks, but rather were some perks bugged and not working as intended. I just wrote how they were intended.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
As someone who definitely prefer the strategic, technical events, I don't mind the mechanics of this event. We're just coming off St Pat, so something less complicated is fine, and being the 10th anniversary event I think it makes sense that it's simple, making it more accessible to most players.

My issue is that despite it being simple, you actually have to play a given way to get the main building fully leveled in the event's current state. That's not obvious for casual players, so I fear many will be stuck with a level 8 or 9 building, even if they have the surprise box. Most events you're able to get the main building fully leveled whatever your playstyle if you have the surprise box, if you don't you sometime have to make choices (which of the three options you pick), but you can play whenever you want. Currently, you're forced to play daily (or at least over many days), because the daily goal rewards are required unless you get lucky.

That's another issue, while there usually are some elements of luck in terms of grand prizes, there is nothing to the level you have here. Below is a graph of the distribution of tiles with 9000 paper money (~500 from incidents) and 6 golden dice rolls. The two lines are the number of tiles you need to get enough upgrade kits for the Orrery, the first one if you have the surprise box, the second one if you don't have it. As you can see you need luck if you have the surprise box, without it you definitely won't get it. tiles.PNG

And even if you do play for the daily goal each day, and get an additional 10 golden dice from playing (and assuming all of them are worth 6 tiles, which is a stretch), you still need a bit of luck if you don't have the surprise box:
tiles3.PNG
Edit: Updated the graph for "daily play" with 16 golden dice, I accidentally used 10 in my original one. Still, 16 golden dice all with a 6-tile value is quite optimistic :)

All this is to say, I think the event mechanics are alright (nothing special though), but the amount of currency you have is too little, especially considering the huge variance of number of tiles you can progress with the same amount of currency.

Attachments

• tiles2.PNG
    tiles2.PNG
    75.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

BeeVee

Squire
Gender equality ?
Why must there be a difference between the rewards of the grand queen and those of the grand king, when next to an unique building ?
It should be the same for both : 4 fp
In the end the result would be same, 8 fps when the king stands by the queen

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Gender equality ?
Why must there be a difference between the rewards of the grand queen and those of the grand king, when next to an unique building ?
It should be the same for both : 4 fp
In the end the result would be same, 8 fps when the king stands by the queen

So you want to nerf it then ;) In theory a single queen can have 4 kings for 5 pieces = 5*4+3 = 23 FP and almost make them usable ;) (Actually can go as far as 6 kings to the queen with some contortion - but 4 kings doesn't involve as much headache:

1646508625634.png

1646508661839.png

Ironrooster

Baronet
The main building is alright.
It would be better with wishing well fragments instead of mass self aid kits.
Being a 10th anniversary bldg it would be nice to have it not be plundered or motivated.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
As someone who definitely prefer the strategic, technical events, I don't mind the mechanics of this event. We're just coming off St Pat, so something less complicated is fine, and being the 10th anniversary event I think it makes sense that it's simple, making it more accessible to most players.

My issue is that despite it being simple, you actually have to play a given way to get the main building fully leveled in the event's current state. That's not obvious for casual players, so I fear many will be stuck with a level 8 or 9 building, even if they have the surprise box. Most events you're able to get the main building fully leveled whatever your playstyle if you have the surprise box, if you don't you sometime have to make choices (which of the three options you pick), but you can play whenever you want. Currently, you're forced to play daily (or at least over many days), because the daily goal rewards are required unless you get lucky.

That's another issue, while there usually are some elements of luck in terms of grand prizes, there is nothing to the level you have here. Below is a graph of the distribution of tiles with 9000 paper money (1k from incidents) and 6 golden dice rolls. The two lines are the number of tiles you need to get enough upgrade kits for the Orrery, the first one if you have the surprise box, the second one if you don't have it. As you can see you need luck if you have the surprise box, without it you definitely won't get it. View attachment 7788

And even if you do play for the daily goal each day, and get an additional 10 golden dice from playing (and assuming all of them are worth 6 tiles, which is a stretch), you still need luck if you don't have the surprise box:
View attachment 7789

All this is to say, I think the event mechanics are alright (nothing special though), but the amount of currency you have is too little, especially considering the huge variance of number of tiles you can progress with the same amount of currency.
So, in conclusion this event requires more event currency from quests? Tbh I already find it a bit "little" getting "only" 1/2 tickets whenever the quest is rewarding you with paper money. Would changing this amount to 100 paper money the needed amount to tipping the odds in favour of most players to getting enough moves for an maxed out grand prize?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
So, in conclusion this event requires more event currency from quests? Tbh I already find it a bit "little" getting "only" 1/2 tickets whenever the quest is rewarding you with paper money. Would changing this amount to 100 paper money the needed amount to tipping the odds in favour of most players to getting enough moves for an maxed out grand prize?
Changing it to 100 each for the daily quests would definitely be much better. Would bring the total up to just above 10k paper money, which makes it very likely you'll get it Orrery fully leveled without playing daily if you have the surprise box, though still far from guaranteed if you don't. Paper money from incidents, perhaps a few daily goals and a few additional golden dice should make it more likely.

tiles4.PNG