• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Tenth Anniversary Event

CrashBoom

Legend
change tomorrow
4. For the presents containing ether the grand king or queen and the upgrade kit, we changed them to include a selection kit, instead of one of the two rewards and added an item and Forge Points as possible rewards as well.

so instead of
50% building
50% upgrade

it then will be (percentages assumed with 4 things. can be different)
25% building or upgrade
25% selection kit
25% an item
25% FP

I don't think that will be better :rolleyes:

other opinions on that change ?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
change tomorrow

so instead of
50% building
50% upgrade

it then will be (percentages assumed with 4 things. can be different)
25% building or upgrade
25% selection kit
25% an item
25% FP

I don't think that will be better :rolleyes:

other opinions on that change ?
I don't know the chances yet, but the single grand monarchs have been removed and replaced by the selection kit. I would assume, that the selection kit has the highest chance still. I would assume something like:
80% Selection Kit
15% item
5% FPs

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't know the chances yet, but the single grand monarchs have been removed and replaced by the selection kit. I would assume, that the selection kit has the highest chance still. I would assume something like:
80% Selection Kit
15% item
5% FPs
Why the need of chance? If anyone wants the set with an 100% chance selection kit they'll likely need 4 golden dices to maxing out 1 single set.

CrashBoom

Legend
80% Selection Kit
15% item
5% FPs
lol
50% kit

that is definitley worse than before :rolleyes:

math:

before:
first time: 100% you need. 2nd time: 50%. so after hitting the field twice I have a chance to get a full upgraded building by 50%
if I miss in 2nd another 50% to get correct piece: so after 3 times: 75% chance to get of a full building

after:
first: 50% kit, 2nd: 50% kit. so a building after the field twice: 25%
in remaining 75% you go a 3rd time on it: only again 50% chance to hit the kit.

BUT: now you only have a full upraded one. and you need to win 2 selection kits again.
in the other case you have one more building/upgrade already and you only need the other

chance hitting the correct piece then = chance hitting the selection kit now (50%)

THAT IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT THAT IS A NERF

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
just remove the extras or decrease the chances of them might OK - increasing the chances to 75% would barely be enough to be on par with the previous set up

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
80% Selection Kit
15% item
5% FPs
As others have said 50/50 is too low compared to the old distribution., this would be a much better distribution^^

I appreciate the changes to chests / daily specials, it brings the event more in line with other events (though still not amazing compared to the likes of forge bowl).

But that still leaves the issue of the Orrery being hard to get if you don't play daily, in which case the changes to chests don't matter a lot. A simple way to fix this and also improve chance of daily specials to make the event more special, is to simply increase the amount of event currency you can get. I think 1-2000 more would be a good amount to make it possible to get the Orrery for free while still going for daily specials. Again, I'm not against having to use strategy, but for such a special occasion you shouldn't have to choose between main building and daily specials, it's a time to be generous!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well I will say that I think the change to the king/queen square probably *is* a buff in my eyes. But that's from the perspective of someone who's planning to not build them :p 20 FP is a better prize than a king/queen piece to me. I can certainly see why it's a nerf to someone who wants it for whatever reason.

It still doesn't look like a good event for specials to me even. Might be in halloween/archaeology territory now.

GorrothBeta

Farmer
The Forge Bowl is notorious for being extra generous with daily specials but I don't think anyone is asking for that.

Bringing the new event up to the percentage of chances to get a daily special of the old Spring event would make sense, though, since it does replace it after all.

Why the need of chance?

Because Inno just can't resist forcing us to gamble. And, when we gamble, Inno will ensure that lots of players will gamble and lose. Out of all the players coming up short, I expect that Inno projects that a certain percentage will spend diamonds to make up for it. And nothing matters more than diamond sales.

Others have mentioned that a 10th Anniversary Event calls for some generosity on Inno's part. I sure don't see any sign of it. I'd be very curious to know if there is something in the event that Inno feels is generous on their part.