• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Tenth Anniversary Event

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Forge 10th anniversary logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, February 23rd, our new Event, all around the ages of Forge of Empires will begin!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "nine plus 10 is twenty one" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Goldra

Marquis
There is a mistake on the building description. You say Grand King grants medals and Grand Queen grants goods, but in the images Grand King gives goods and Grand Queen gives medals...

Goldra

Marquis
There are info missing...
What are the dimension of Grand King, Grand Queen and Stage of Ages? If they are 4x4 and stage 3x3; Queen and King are rubbish, but Stage is so good!
The second reward of King and Queen, says set bonus. It means that they have to be connected to get that bonus? What is the name of the set?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
is this even replacing the Spring event (since Sushuin bldg is involved as reward)? Or will we still see the Spring Event at a later time?

Suishun Mill being a spring event building, it seems likely this is a replacement for it. It'd be weird for it to feature two events in a row.

Dessire

Regent
Any person who have played online games for pc and mobile knows that most of online games dies before their 10th birthday.
The 10th birthay of any online game should be one of the best times to celebrate, for the company and the developers and specially for the players who are the main reason about why those games are still alive.

With that being said, for this very special event I was expecting something like:

- A 5x5 building like a tower, with a design which changes after X amount of ages. From bronze age to colonial age 1 design. from indutrial age to contemporary era another design, from tomorrow to virtual future another design and from SAM age and the rest of ages another design.

- The last design could be an extremely futuristic tall tower, the tallest building in the game, with holographic or neon words from the top to the base or the middle of the tower saying "FoE 10th Aniversary!"

- The bonuses of that building in the last age: 20 FPs, 30% of attack and defense for both armies, 100 random goods of your age, of your previous age and for your guild treasury + an extra bonus of 5% chance to receive 25 diamonds. why? because it would be a unic building for a unic moment in the life of an online game.

- The event only allows you get 1 "tower" and after get all the upgrade kits, you can earn whatever the devs or Innogames wants.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
What are the dimension of Grand King, Grand Queen and Stage of Ages?
I have added them now.
The second reward of King and Queen, says set bonus. It means that they have to be connected to get that bonus? What is the name of the set?
From the announcement:
These are both upgradeable to level 2 and when placed next to each other you can receive Forge Points!
So these 2 form one set together.

Dessire

Regent
Are all the %s fixed? Or are these numbers "up to X in SAV" style?
Fps are all allways the same for all ages.

The amount of FPs we can get from the 4x5 and from the 3x3 new buildings (king and queen) are useless for me, almost all my buildings gives me more FPs per square than those 3 buildings and even the stage of ages is useless, 4x4 for 5fps and 13% of attack? if i delete 1 checkmate square I get 2% of extra attack and the checkmate square size is 3x3, where I get the other 7 squares for the extra 5 FPs if all the other buildings I have are better than that in therms of FPs? :/

I see that this event was made to help new players and mid level players but for high level players . . no . . I think I will keep my diamonds for another event. 10th aniversary? in therms of new rewards is just another event. It not represent, atleast for me, a 10th aniversary event :/ (at least the design of the golden orrery is beautiful.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Are all the %s fixed? Or are these numbers "up to X in SAV" style?
That's a great question. It seems like these stats are from the Future and Arctic Future (please don't ask me why ^^)
I will add an "up to" and correct the values.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well the buildings look pretty good to me. The Orrery and the Stage of Ages will both be useful to me. The other two I might use after I see the Age based values for my Age.
The mini game looks to be a fun change of pace and different from other events.
All in all, I'm looking forward to this one.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Orrery is fine I'm sure - the random production is likely significant to make it a good building (like Pirate Hideout for instance).

Stage of Ages is middling. It's prize-efficient to tile your city (only need 1 special vs multi-level buildings), but not the most space-efficient. I liked the thought that it might've had 13% in every-age for my fledgling industrial world where there's not so many good options for attack. Probably still wind up going for it there for other reasons though :) Guessing it'll be around 9-10% instead since he said the 13% was FE/AF values - not a forever building or a chase building, but usable for a period of time for as many free specials as I can get.

CrashBoom

Legend
There are also special tiles, found in the corner! These will provide you with special additional rewards, and the one on the bottom right, can even boost your percentage chances of winning Daily Specials by 5%!
does it stack on the same day
5 times = 25% ?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Just to confirm: the stage's goods are always from the players previous era and the building's age does not matter???

I encourage you to change the defense bonus to an attack bonus, specifically because this event building has a nice "ornate/golden/decorative" theme, and the last event building of that category that provides an attack bonus was a LONG time ago with the Colossus, whereas we've had olympic treasury for defense, not to mention fiore.

All of the recent attack buildings have been foresty type buildings I don't really want in my city. I know I know, my problem for wanting my city to look a certain way in a game clearly made to minmax with premium currency right? but I really don't like the look of the druid and winery buildings in my city.

Anyways thanks for your consideration
I'm sure classic beta forum will result with a bunch of people disagreeing or picking apart my reasoning, so to pre-empt that, I don't care, I'm giving feedback specifically to the people who run the event. Hit like if you like it and otherwise go give your own feedback rather than picking apart mine.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Stage of Ages is middling. It's prize-efficient to tile your city (only need 1 special vs multi-level buildings), but not the most space-efficient.
at least in the late eras, it gives as much attack as 1.5 wheat fields - that is 9 squares... leaves 7 squares for 15 previous goods and 5 fp - that sounds quite decent - might even consider it high tier - especially as it does not need any upgrades at all