• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
Juber - while I appreciate the buff to stuff, once again, we cannot read many of the changes to confirm. The information boxes on the items do not have auto-scrolling fields, nor have box fields that self-adjust, or have been manually adjusted for the the data packed into them.

In checking the Hidden Goods event piece (AND the other two... PY-R8 Marauder, etc....) after the buffing update just done, I have NO IDEA what the item is now delivering. It used to say directly:

Fragment of 100% attack for attack army boost

Now says

Fragment of attack for atta... <-- then cuts off :mad:

hidden goods changes.jpg

The value 100% is gone. SO what is it?

Still 100%? something new?

I have check the post on the webpage (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-2023.16192/post-155992) to see what changed for this piece, and it still indicates it gives 100% and 200% fragment.

SO why is one labeled with a 200%, and the other - that 100% is gone?

Please let us know if that's a bug, oversight, or changes have occurred that weren't called out in your post.....

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
that is a bug of the name of that item
in the inventory it also lost the "100%" in the description

but the boosts wasn't changed

and interesting
in the Trading Post they don't use the word fragment
it just says "1x 300% ...."
but the pics shows that are fragments (and the announcement confirms that)

Kronan

Viceroy
If they've done a pictorial representation of the word "FRAGMENT" (and dropped the real word...) that's fine with me, and will help them fit in other words of priority for what we're getting. It's a partial solution, and we desperately need one.

Indeed on your other point (it's a bug).

1683908090290.png

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
why does all those 1x1 decos (also the trees from a previous event) always need a motivation ?

because the fragments are first in priority list they steal that motivation from other buildings

would be nice to make those decos work without motivation
If you have 8 (oops, forgot we need 30 fragements, not 15) 15 nutcracker guardhouses in your city you make a mass self-aid kit a day - fire it off each day an no problem. If you don't have 8 nutcrackers in your city, it's definitely a good goal to have. I'm sure more buildings are coming that will make self aid kits.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
If they've done a pictorial representation of the word "FRAGMENT" (and dropped the real word...) that's fine with me, and will help them fit in other words of priority for what we're getting. It's a partial solution, and we desperately need one.

Indeed on your other point (it's a bug).

View attachment 9636
These should be named 200% Boost. That's it, period.
The color should indicate what army it is for - red, blue, or both. Black should NOT be a thing here at all.
The sword or shield should be the icon (or both where it is both).

Why make up an entirely new category just because the percent boost is high or the specific boost has never been in game before, eg:defense-attack as a potion?

This is all there should be: (% varies for demonstration purposes, nhrs = some number of hours)
:att_attacker:200% Boost 4hrs
:def_attacker:300% Boost 6hrs
:att_def_attacker:200% Boost 4hrs
:att_defender:500% Boost 8hrs
:def_defender:250% Boost nhrs
:att_def_defender:500% Boost nhrs
:att_def_attacker_defender:300% Boost nhrs
On the picture in inventory it should have the :fragment: symbol over the picture to indicate fragment and otherwise it should be a red or blue potion bottle. Simple.

Do we really need any more stuff just to muddy up the waters?

To follow on comments made yesterday proper english labeling for these would have been:
200% boost for attacking army's defense (fragment)
-or-
fragment of 200% boost for attacking army's defense
However, all that isn't needed since the much shorter version can be done using symbols as above.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If you have 8 nutcracker guardhouses in your city you make a mass self-aid kit a day - fire it off each day an no problem. If you don't have 8 nutcrackers in your city, it's definitely a good goal to have. I'm sure more buildings are coming that will make self aid kits.
For the moment tree of silence can provide a smaller benefit to bridge the time, between not having 8 nutcrackers and having them. As it often enough gives 2x self-aid kits. While certainly less convenient and effective, it's still effective enough.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
With BG less
If you want to waste your BG on nutcrackers.

But 8 nutcrackers giving a mass-self-aid every second day may be enough.

Day 1: Collect what's motivated, mass-aid, collect the rest.
Day 2: Because part of the stuff was covered by yesterday's mass-aid you may not need a mass-aid today.

mcbluefire

Baronet
You need 15 nutcrackers to make a mass self-aid per day.
Ah, yeah, forgot it was 30 fragments not 15.. As I have 36 nutcrackers it's just not a thing for me....and I've yet to fire off a mass self aid...damn good guild, friends, and hood!

BG for me is used on Ted's Choc, Key Masters, and Elephant's Bazaar. Call me silly. ;)

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
If you want to waste your BG on nutcrackers.

But 8 nutcrackers giving a mass-self-aid every second day may be enough.

Day 1: Collect what's motivated, mass-aid, collect the rest.
Day 2: Because part of the stuff was covered by yesterday's mass-aid you may not need a mass-aid today.
and with that strategy move the time of daily collection at least 3 minutes later every day o_O
(that is >1,5 hours per month)

Astrid

Baronet
The event got better, building stats and bonuses have been improved and that's great! This event is now closer to what the summer event should be. It would have been awesome if they kept the wheel mechanic.

Anyway, since the doubloons we get from missions have been greatly increased, I would suggest to also increase a bit the amount we can buy with diamonds. Right now 1050 diamonds for just 100 doubloons is just way too little.

innistria

Farmer
I find the Trading Post a bit difficult to collect from. It's collection point is not above or on the building but way off to the side.

almadies

Farmer
hello
Good morning
you find that you see more keys in the calendar? yesterday a lot of "suffle" (4), no key visible in the panel, today the same (3 suffle)
or else the panel before playing does not correspond to the cases to be discovered...

Calendar Keys were to stingy after our last change? Do no worry! We have increased the chance for them to appear! The pirates will now give you one roughly every second board, no longer every 3rd! :geattempt:

Kronan

Viceroy
The event got better
It did!

building stats and bonuses have been improved

They DID!

that's great! This event is now closer to what the summer event should be.

Agree!! I'm suggesting to live game friends to "read up, get familiar now"... encouraging play and yes, even diamond spending!!

Net feedback: I think this event and the rewards as currently designed - is something people will enjoy playing. Well done on the event (including the buffs done to date. That being said - please don't take my accolades to mean it's too easy, or too rewarding. It's rewarding, and it's a perfect amount of low-thinking/low stress that's required for what we all do in summer (family vacation, other outdoor fun!!).

So....please don't change anything for the live version (IMHO). I would like to see you deliver it just as we're playing it now.

Last edited:
Did any one share a spoiler image of all calendar slots unlocked in this summer event? I don't have much keys to unlock everything. Want to know, all items given in the entire calendar slots.