• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

zookeepers

Marquis
Well I mean the Skull Cave is crazy good efficiency wise - 1.5 FP/square, 5% att for att/square, 5% att for def/square. But is still ultimately only a single 2x2. A 4 square building that "saves" 19 squares (if you want everything it does). By comparison a Panda Shrine is a 22 square building that "saves" 40.

But see, if a buulding worth 19 tiles is really achievable for 2800 diamonds, it's actually little better than the newest diamond expansion, 2400 diamonds for 16 tiles. Value of a building declines, but even so, it isn't a deal too bad.

definitely, it is a no-go for 30k diamonds. There are better ways to spend.

CDmark

Baronet
More tiles means more chances for special of the day, along with TP L9. So, good change. If they want to see $15 from people, the Viceroy upgrade should be obtainable for no diamonds. So whatever the ratio, 1.3, 1.4 or 1.5, make sure Viceroy is there.
Calendar vs Special of the day would make the event more interesting. Including Viceroy in Calendar would be great since diamonds would need to be spent (@crashboom&Uber). I could even have my daughter hunt for the key and have a little chest with a key in RL, every time she gets a key, we open the chest for a surprise (stickers, smarties, etc). I could have a lot of fun with it

Last edited:
If TPL9 is producing fragments of Buccaneers Bay, what is producing fragments of TP golden upgrade? Or am I blind? :eek:

Screenshot_103.png

No, I'm not blind, though. :D I checked in Wiki, simply the name is bit misleading.
Wouldn't it be possible to make a tooltip balloon with information when hovering over a truncated name?
On the other hand, tooltip over tooltip... Stupid... Any ideas?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
A simple line break for truncated texts (especially with translations from different communities) with an adjustment in the height of the window would seem to me to be simpler and more efficient to set up.

But what's the point of explaining to the developers how to adapt the game, since they don't read our comments and only test their game for a maximum of 5 minutes per month.

Am I to understand that the will only be a key to be found on every THIRD board? Up until today, players without deep pockets got 2 chances per day to flip a tile. The chance of finding a key was already nearly impossible. If there's no key in 2/3 of the boards, I guess there's no point even trying to complete the calendar.
I really want to keep playing FoE but Inno's money grubbing is taking all the joy out of the game.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Omfg, I wonder how this event was tested if you ended tripling the currency... Facepalm is just not enough.

That is just not minor adjustments, ya know mateys, arrr?
Might sound crazy, but what if, hear me out, this was done based on player feedback as many said, only 2 tiles per day is boring? They increased it to 5.5 tiles per day.

It waa never said that only minor adjustments are done. So why do you expect minor ones only?

Astrid

Baronet
Give something with one hand and take another thing with the other hand. Classic move from Inno. Not sure if the calendar will be even harder to complete now, it's a shame because that Pirate Cave was quite nice, but anyways, at least now we have a better chance to obtain the daily special. I will be focusing on getting 1-2 extra Buccaneer's Boathouse's when this hits live servers and maybe spend few diamonds if the calendar will be achievable.

However I still won't buy the Premium Pass.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Give something with one hand and take another thing with the other hand. Classic move from Inno. Not sure if the calendar will be even harder to complete now, it's a shame because that Pirate Cave was quite nice, but anyways, at least now we have a better chance to obtain the daily special. I will be focusing on getting 1-2 extra Buccaneer's Boathouse's when this hits live servers and maybe spend few diamonds if the calendar will be achievable.

However I still won't buy the Premium Pass.
If you're going for an extra buccaneer's or two, the calendar should be quite achievable. Probably recommended for your last upgrade instead of more doubloons to buy wild keys to get the skull cave + an upgrade (since upgrades space out to 60 progress = 40 flips = ~370 doubloons and you'll probably be only a few days away having already spent some diamonds on doubloons)

Kronan

Viceroy
Might sound crazy, but what if, hear me out, this was done based on player feedback as many said, only 2 tiles per day is boring? They increased it to 5.5 tiles per day.

It waa never said that only minor adjustments are done. So why do you expect minor ones only?

Juber - I"m enjoying the changes made, even with me spending the diamonds I did to compensate for the stingy amount of gameplay initially offered.

To point: I think the disconnect we're all having is WHY it left the software development workshop, through all the internal reviews and even a cadre of players before doing alpha test (if there is such a thing inside Inno...) and how it got to us in beta with just 2 a day?

That's the real question the community has. No one inside Inno ever said ...

Hey, fellow Inno event team members - do you really think this event is going to be beta-embraced or live-embraced with them getting just 2 chances a day to punch tiles on a big tile board for a long number of day, and they'e gonna wonder how that would be fun or productive , especially when the board washes (resets) itself every nite?

Basically - @Finkadel's point is: No one inside Inno objected to the 2/day design ENOUGH before beta to re-balance it correctly so we could play it in beta with NO such objection to you. Yes we know you're in the midst of a downsizing, so it could have been missed for a more thorough review. Word of potential downsizing events has that "deer in the headlights" effect on employees.

So once again, we appreciate the wad of doubloons NOW added, but why it got to us the way it did, then a HUGE change, is the real question on many people's minds :) (Said with peace and love).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why when you have Double Payout and you Click on Show 2, it doesn't show 4????
Because it's a clone of winter event, and this is how winter event has always worked. Double-Show 2 only doubles the 3 starbloons.

qaccy

Emperor
Juber - I"m enjoying the changes made, even with me spending the diamonds I did to compensate for the stingy amount of gameplay initially offered.

To point: I think the disconnect we're all having is WHY it left the software development workshop, through all the internal reviews and even a cadre of players before doing alpha test (if there is such a thing inside Inno...) and how it got to us in beta with just 2 a day?

That's the real question the community has. No one inside Inno ever said ...

Hey, fellow Inno event team members - do you really think this event is going to be beta-embraced or live-embraced with them getting just 2 chances a day to punch tiles on a big tile board for a long number of day, and they'e gonna wonder how that would be fun or productive , especially when the board washes (resets) itself every nite?

Basically - @Finkadel's point is: No one inside Inno objected to the 2/day design ENOUGH before beta to re-balance it correctly so we could play it in beta with NO such objection to you. Yes we know you're in the midst of a downsizing, so it could have been missed for a more thorough review. Word of potential downsizing events has that "deer in the headlights" effect on employees.

So once again, we appreciate the wad of doubloons NOW added, but why it got to us the way it did, then a HUGE change, is the real question on many people's minds :) (Said with peace and love).
Does it really matter when or how something gets adjusted on the beta server? The important thing is that adjustments happen if and when necessary before hitting the live servers. Folks often complain about balancing issues in beta, because they forget that they're playing on beta. Not everything's going to be well-balanced right out of the gate. Beta's a volatile/unstable environment that's focused more on testing than normal gameplay.

I just don't think it's a good look to complain about imbalances, and then also complain when those imbalances are adjusted just because they either had to happen in the first place or because it took 'too long'. The only changes that take 'too long' are the ones that happen after an update makes it to live. Any time before that point is fair game.