• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
После обновления(увелечения) количество дублонов с 10 до 25 за суточные и с 10 до 30 за ежедневные,появились баги у многих с календарским ключём
those who also read the last line of the change know that this is not a bug but a feature :rolleyes:

Great , the increase in Doubloons , thanks for the ones we missed out on but as for the calendar you have made it worse , went through 8 screens before I got the key and used 500 doubloons , definitely not able to do that more than a couple of times per event. Key needs to be available every screen and , I say again, that shuffle needs removing or at the minimum give us the choice when to use.

jtrucker

Baronet
Folks who play the event completely should all but be guaranteed (99.95%) they will get one FULLY upgrade building, I don't care if they call it a golden upgrade or the ultimate upgrade, or the diamond upgrade - all levels that are available in that event during that event or at least a mechanism to get it a bit after the event (which is an idea I don't like, but fits with the pay to get it done sooner concept).

But it is exactly as you are saying - Regularly playing person will get fully (gold) upgraded building for free in a couple of months while paying person will have it at the event end. That's fair I think. Hence the rebalance works.

As for the calendar - you gotta look at it from different perspective:
There has been calendar AND the reindeer set for PAYING ONLY PLAYERS in winter event for years now. There was no calendar nor reindeer equivalent in summer event. And for free-to-play players still isn't. Since now they CAN get fully upgraded building EVENTUALLY, nothing has changed for F2P except the bit of waiting time for the gold upgrade (which is now trend in all events, so be it. Inno is looking for ways to keep player playing daily and that's just one of such ways).
F2P players don't need to concern themselves with the calendar nor with the treasure digging. Those are features solely for PAYING players, copied here from Winter event, just to squeeze couple more bucks from them in the non-Christmas season.
We (F2P) didn't have those features in previous years and still don't. Ignore them and keep your sanity.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
or even better
NO FORCED SHUFFLE

let us use the shuffle when we want
(like the reset in anniversary event)
Would be the best solution ever. Giving daily 1 free reshuffle with an increased costs for additional resets in a row at the same day. With an automatic free reset for clearing the board. Would make the (s)winter mechanics ways more better and fair. Though unsure how they'll balance the event by than.

qaccy

Emperor
Would be the best solution ever. Giving daily 1 free reshuffle with an increased costs for additional resets in a row at the same day. With an automatic free reset for clearing the board. Would make the (s)winter mechanics ways more better and fair. Though unsure how they'll balance the event by than.
This sounds like copying the anniversary event. I dunno, manual shuffle is something that I've seen players ask for ever since the first winter event that used it. After all these years of receiving that same feedback, I think that's a pretty clear indication that Inno's not planning to make that change. They'll rebalance other aspects of the event, but mostly random shuffles look like they're here to stay with this event format.

nice2haveu

Baronet
every 3rd board
Looks like typo from @Juber announcement.

Calendar key only comes on the 3rd boardo_O

So per day, only 3rd board gives the calendar key. Still not able to compromise myself, how the developer brain think that much too deep to make the players suffer in an event mini-game.

Hope, it's a code bug. (Praying for it, because with the latest buffs, it is going to be awesome event and one black mark is calendar key part which is completely unacceptable).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@qaccy doesn't mean their new devs don't see any potential in such mechanics. To encourage more spending.
The way the shuffle works is pretty fundamental to how the winter event works. There would probably need to be more fundamental changes if the shuffle were manual. And it'd be less interesting mechanic-wise. As you'd always get whatever square(s) you were looking for. And then shuffle if they want to keep going. It may be less frustrating for those who dislike it. But it'd also be more boring.

Of course I don't understand how they decided there should be a second winter event when they've mostly been busy removing duplicate events. And here they removed a unique event (the wheel) to create a duplicate of one of the more controversial events (while i've liked winter event, not to the extent that I wanted a 2nd one - and there's a lot of people who don't like the winter event because of the shuffle).

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The way the shuffle works is pretty fundamental to how the winter event works. There would probably need to be more fundamental changes if the shuffle were manual. And it'd be less interesting mechanic-wise. As you'd always get whatever square(s) you were looking for. And then shuffle if they want to keep going. It may be less frustrating for those who dislike it. But it'd also be more boring.

Of course I don't understand how they decided there should be a second winter event when they've mostly been busy removing duplicate events. And here they removed a unique event (the wheel) to create a duplicate of one of the more controversial events (while i've liked winter event, not to the extent that I wanted a 2nd one - and there's a lot of people who don't like the winter event because of the shuffle).
No need to switch things further up. They've already done that by making keys appear in 1 of 3 boards. Among the removal of additional 14 currency from the board. The letter has been somewhat compensated. While the lurking shuffle remains a consistent pressure measure, it's also a frustrating graveyard of great runs.
The silly change to make keys appear only once every 3 boards at random may or may not benefit me personally. Depends how it'll play out cause I can't care less about calendar keys from (s)winter events. I feel it's a cheap way of hoping people still spend money blindly chasing down the illusive skull cave.
Personally I feel all of this is rather questionable changes. Symptoms of stronger interference from their parent company. Forge probs be forced to changing strategy for events. In which a stronger focus will be put on either finishing a full event building for either diamonds or bailing out with the cash passes.

A few things...
1. I love the Trading Post art
2. I achieved level9 today and am disappointed there is no animation
3. I am not an impatient person so I will wait to collect the fragments to achieve level10 upgrade
2. The 100% coin boost is not showing up in the boost summary at Townhall

zookeepers

Marquis
A few things...
1. I love the Trading Post art
2. I achieved level9 today and am disappointed there is no animation
3. I am not an impatient person so I will wait to collect the fragments to achieve level10 upgrade
2. The 100% coin boost is not showing up in the boost summary at Townhall

Yeah.
L9 Trading Post is good enough for the status to be said as a complete building.
If the game designer thinks L10 is a additional feature mainly for the spending players,
that is acceptable. At least I think so.

But only if L9 had animation.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
At each event the randomness in the incidents generates inequalities among the players especially when there is a league classification and Inno seeks to earn more money, which is understandable.

Why then, it does not offer, instead of putting event currency in the incidents, the possibility of watching 3 videos each day, whether on PC or phone, offering the same amount of currency each day to all those want to watch these videos?

Everyone would be happy, both those who can't stand ads, those ready to make an effort for each event and especially Inno who could easily earn more while quantifying the rewards more fairly.

mcbluefire

Baronet
The golden upgrade just takes time to finish (the last non-golden level produces the fragment - like it did in st patrick's event)
Interesting...."good" to hear - where is that documented other than in beta itself?

edit: answered my own question - it is now on the Lv9 of the main event building description:
  • Fragment of Buccaneers Bay Upgrade Kit
    Requires Motivation
While scouring for that information yesterday I couldn't find it. Even found it on the unofficial wiki as well now...

The reason I do not like this kind of nonsense is I'm not an advocate of having a less efficient building in my city for weeks on end while trying to generate the final upgrade. At least, however, that is a strategic element and provides a free route to the final upgrade.

And, no I'm still not happy with this event. I don't care for the winter event and really don't like seeing it copied to the summer event. Yeah, the winter event is MUCH better than the Wildlife Event to me and last winter I obtained several Ted's Chocolate factories with a reasonable amount of diamond spending - can't do that with this swinter event nor with wildlife. The summer event used to be care free and fun, now it's dealing with RNG board resets and just forget about the calendar.

The good news, for me, is I'll be saving lot's of $$ and diamonds on future events as they keep messing with the main building golden upgrade concept between each event and the confusion of it all is too much to keep up with. Also, to get multiple buildings with reasonable diamond use it's necessary to pay $15 for the second line. I used to buy $200 of diamonds every few months but since I now need diamonds+$15 I'll just keep my money, collect ~450 diamonds a day on my farms and only spend them when it's <20K to get a second building that fits what I'm after. Pretty sure I'm going to make it through the rest of the year without using those diamonds if they keep on the new paradigm.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Interesting...."good" to hear - where is that documented other than in beta itself?

edit: answered my own question - it is now on the Lv9 of the main event building description:
  • Fragment of Buccaneers Bay Upgrade Kit
    Requires Motivation
While scouring for that information yesterday I couldn't find it. Even found it on the unofficial wiki as well now...

The reason I do not like this kind of nonsense is I'm not an advocate of having a less efficient building in my city for weeks on end while trying to generate the final upgrade. At least, however, that is a strategic element and provides a free route to the final upgrade.

And, no I'm still not happy with this event. I don't care for the winter event and really don't like seeing it copied to the summer event. Yeah, the winter event is MUCH better than the Wildlife Event to me and last winter I obtained several Ted's Chocolate factories with a reasonable amount of diamond spending - can't do that with this swinter event nor with wildlife. The summer event used to be care free and fun, now it's dealing with RNG board resets and just forget about the calendar.

The good news, for me, is I'll be saving lot's of $$ and diamonds on future events as they keep messing with the main building golden upgrade concept between each event and the confusion of it all is too much to keep up with. Also, to get multiple buildings with reasonable diamond use it's necessary to pay $15 for the second line. I used to buy $200 of diamonds every few months but since I now need diamonds+$15 I'll just keep my money, collect ~450 diamonds a day on my farms and only spend them when it's <20K to get a second building that fits what I'm after. Pretty sure I'm going to make it through the rest of the year without using those diamonds if they keep on the new paradigm.
I think they've pretty much settled on the concept: it'll take 150 days to make the golden upgrade normally. And the event may reward you "some" of those fragments to cut off time with amount depending on your success - or you can pay to have it right away.

This was true for st patricks after changes, true for wildlife (though from a separate 1x1 - so you don't need the *big* building in your city until you have the fragments if you prefer), and now true from summer.

Anniversary was the odd one out where they just threw the golden upgrade in like it was a regular upgrade, but since they've returned to 150 fragments at 1 a day since then, I think this is what it'll be going forward.