• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

zookeepers

Marquis
In the winter event, we had 14 star from the box, 10 star with a key fragment (always with stars if you use all stars same day), and 10 with shuffle, 3 with show two, all having chances to double. Rough calculation is...

(14+10+10+3)/18 × (1+1/18)
=37×19/18×18
=2.17

2.17 stars was payed back everytime we spent 10 stars.

This event, we lost 14 stars and the 10 stars comming with the key part. Roughly...

(10+3) / 16 × (1+1/16)
=13×17/16×16
=0.86

We get only 0.86 doubloons payed back when spending 10 doubloons.

The difference of event coins refund rate is 13.1% which means we are getting about 15% less progress with same number of event coins. (Because we get another refunds when spending the payed back coins.)

It is a easy math and I believe everything is intended, which is quite sad.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
what happened to the Forge Fountain ?
Forge_Fountain_Active.png

was released in Summer Event 2022

so shouldn't it reappear in the same event ?

CrashBoom

Legend
I would suggest that "Fragment of" need not be written if a fragment is present on the icon next to it. would help a lot at cutting off the least interesting part of the phrase.

Because yes, this is an issue in new-GE as well with the selection kits that you don't know what one you're winning fragments for just by looking at the prize list.
they could replace the "Fragment of" with the shorter "1/15 of" (15, 30, 150 or the amount of needed fragments)

advantages:
- it is shorter
- when more than 1 fragment then it saves even more space (because currently the "2 " before fragments needs additional space)
- directly shows how many fragments we need to collect (no more asking in forum when something new is released)

ok that is still not perfect for long things. but more useful than the curent situation

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
Well, they could fragment the word fragment to frag and ment and save 4 spaces, even make it random on which one you get each collection so we don't have them balanced, like what portraits do to the buildings in GE5 (think 195/200 feathered serpent after 4 weeks). Then you could combine them to make an actual fragment, like the keys in the anniversary event. It would take us twice as long to get the prize, too, which I find rather exciting. It could be a race between my event building getting me the gold level versus the full bottle. I figure it would take you 2 doubloons to get the full bottle requiring 15 fragments. Incidentally, maybe your not aware, the historic way to tell time during the early 1700's in the Caribbean area was 1 doubloon equaled 15 days. Might as well make the gray bottle like boost crates, 25% chance of A or D for attacking or defending, love me some randomness. AND, if you drink 2 of them, instead of 30 minutes, your time goes to 15 minutes. After all that, then you look at those GE5 portraits which you hated to get and say "you know, I don't hate you as much".

Stick with one color for attacking and one color for defending, swords and shields. All I know, if I go to use a 100% bottle of something, I am hitting the bathroom before I use it, this long term strategic game has me on a time clock.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
they could replace the "Fragment of" with the shorter "1/15 of" (15, 30, 150 or the amount of needed fragments)

advantages:
- it is shorter
- when more than 1 fragment then it saves even more space (because currently the "2 " before fragments needs additional space)
- directly shows how many fragments we need to collect (no more asking in forum when something new is released)

ok that is still not perfect for long things. but more useful than the curent situation
Between useless words, longer and longer names and the impact of translations, we only see the word "fragments" without knowing what it is.
On PC, in any case, what is the point of having such wide screens if it is to be limited to a box of 5 cm on each side?

boonekim24

Farmer
This event is just terrible. You don’t get nearly enough doubloons to get any meaningful play. I haven’t played the event in 5 days, and I still only have 150 doubloons. That’s 15 moves on the board, no way you have any chance of getting the daily special in 15 moves. So how many more days till I have enough to have a legitimate chance at the daily special? I guess I’ll just save them all for the last day and hope the special is something I want. So Much Fun, an event you maybe get to play two days of it.

I often buy diamonds, I think it's only fair (since I can afford it, not everyone can), but I can assure you, not one diamond will be acquired or spent on this event on the main servers. For starters, I play a lot of worlds. Too many to even contemplate the pay pass level, even if it had anything decent on it. And since I've had one incident in how many days? where I got dubloons (okay, it was 10 and I nearly fainted), I know there is no way I can do this event. I doubt even the big spenders can pull this off. Nice event building, but not worth what one would have to spend to even try to get it all the way up.

Sorry Inno, you really blew it this time. Please message your new game manager, Gordon Gekko, and tell him to expect to see a lot of people quit playing altogether.
Ditto

A rare lucky day yesterday. I had 67 doubloons and the daily special was the paradise rose, so I went for it. My first attempt gave me the pay double. My next attempt gave me the paradise rose. Now I have 47 doubloons left to get the shuffle and try for another paradise rose. I didn't even try, I will continue to save my 20 daily doubloons and my once a week 5 doubloons from incidents. And hope for a decent daily prize when the board resets and I use the switch if it isn't. So that's about 5 minutes I spent on the event. I am so excited about this event (ha ha). I am just hoping they make the necessary adjustments before it comes to live servers.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Currently you can't remove the word "fragments" from item names as it's needed to search for all fragment items. Unless fragments are moved to their own tab, it would cause confusion. Additionally, some players might confuse the fragments with the actual full item.

CrashBoom

Legend
but why would I search for fragments ?

they are at the beginning directly after the FP
and when I search then a specific building / item

blueskydwg

Steward
I've been playing for over 5 and a half years, with a total of 4 cities - my newest one just under 8 months old. Not sure how many events I've played in that time but this will be the first one (at least that I can remember) that I don't get the base event building without spending diamonds. Since Inno gave me 1500 for the event that seems like a fair trade - but hope the live version is a little more generous.
As to incidents - I believe I've hit 4 or 5 - but none in the last week, and the ones I got were all 1's or 2's.

CDmark

Baronet
Actually, it just hit me, I will not have to play the summer event much at all on live servers. No, not a vacation, I just remembered my 6 year old opens my presents for the winter event. She knows when it says "show 2", she gets daddy. I actually found a way to make that event fun, in a way.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Without spending diamonds, it looks like I will be about 70 or 80 doubloons short of getting the level 9 building. Assuming an average of 2 spaces per roll and very few doubloons from incidents.

I think that the incidents need to be a little more generous.

Also, like the winter event, the x2 and key fragment prizes need to also give 10 doubloons each.

Last edited:

Decipel

Farmer
As may know there is no level one for the grand prize. I have all the 9 upgrades and the special upgrade to bring it to level 10. I went to build it and was told there is no blg to upgrade or can you turn a upgrade to lvl one. In the event game lve one prize isn't until the the 20th win. I have a call into support as to what's up or is this a cash grab