• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
I'm laughing a lot that now even potions have become fragments really the game is now FoFE - Forge of Fragmented Empire. "build your fragmented empire through the ages"
fighting potions could already be obtained fragmented (20% attacker from Golden Orrery and 30% defender from Buccaneers Boathouse in the chest)

and they created those 3 new 1x1 deco buildings with the main purpose of producing those fragments
(they give a little bit more but those fragments are what they were created for)

Vila do Governador Nível 9Nível 10: Vila do vice-reiDiferença
Pontos de Forja812+4
Bens3545+10
Unidades45+1
Boost de Ataque para o Exército de Ataque16-3521-40+5
Boost de Ataque para Defesa da Cidade011-30+ 11-30
Aumento de defesa para defesa da cidade011-30+ 11-30
Since it's paid I wouldn't mind the Viceroy having the "same" defense boost as the Phantom Conjunction Tower. After all, attack for the attacking army is more abundant than defense for the attacking army. It would also be nice to get 11-30 defense boost for the attacking army and the goods round to 50 (10 of each). What do you think?

CrashBoom

Legend
Since it's paid I wouldn't mind the Viceroy having the "same" defense boost as the Phantom Conjunction Tower. After all, attack for the attacking army is more abundant than defense for the attacking army. It would also be nice to get 11-30 defense boost for the attacking army and the goods round to 50 (10 of each). What do you think?
I wouldn't mind the Viceroy give the same amount of units as the Phantom Conjunction Tower :D

because you are comparing the wrong buildings
the Villa is an unit giving building
so you can't compare it to the Phantom tower, that one doesn't give units
just should compare it to the Scholar tower: that one is specialized on units :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind the Viceroy give the same amount of units as the Phantom Conjunction Tower :D

because you are comparing the wrong buildings
the Villa is an unit giving building
so you can't compare it to the Phantom tower, that one doesn't give units
just should compare it to the Scholar tower: that one is specialized on units :rolleyes:
I will compare yes because it is a paid up to give 5% more attack. If you put defense on it would be great. Great that gives units because it "justifies" the gold kit paywall. We have loads of attack buildings, not defense ones, we have a few, but they don't even compare to the attack ones and look there because sometimes the buildings are separate and you have to choose whether whether attacking or defending, there are few that give simultaneous prizes like Águia Mountain and the Wolfhouse.

.Chris

Baronet
I miss the wheel... hunting for the best deals, i.e. best chances to get a Gold Prize with the least amount of spins was somewhat exciting.
I used to have the game open in another tab a waiting to hear the "Harr Harr" / cannonball-splash-in-water sounds...

The "Verschlimmbesserung" (german nonsense word meaning "making something worse while trying to improve it") of this event is not getting me excited to play it. :eek:

• Incidents need to be adjusted - 5 doubloons should be the minimum you get, reasonable max I'd say is 50/incident
  • The calendar... not worth it
  • The Treasures: Make it worth the investment. You're asking for our diamonds after all. 5 fragments of an upgrade kit is just not enticing.
  • Make the use of the shuffle optional; possibly: "Want to use the shuffle later? Pay 10 diamonds." I'd go for that multiple times for sure while DS hunting.
  • RNG-steps-generator-thingy: It's really unintuitive that there is no possibility for 0 steps. Why flip 3 coins in the first place if one of them is GUARANTEED to land on heads (Win)? It's just gonna lead to suspicions of "It's rigged because if they control one coin they have GOT to be controlling all 3 of them."
It most likely is too late to change any of the game mechanics so I'm gonna implore the devs once again:
Let the community be part of the design process. Give us (or maybe a select few) the chance to point out flaws in your thinking earlier so you have a serious chance to improve it.
I'm not saying let us choose the rewards or the stats of the building or what buildings get stuck behind the Event Pass or anything like that.
Stuff like my last point on the list above.
Stuff like your video about the anniversary event.

We could help you :)

CrashBoom

Legend
Been trying to put my finger on why this event is SO boring.. there's no interaction, no thought required,. nothing.. .. Complete the rush quests, then each day, get your 20 doubloons, take those and 10 (distribute your stash over the event for best odds) from your rush quest stash, and select 3 map squares, listen to the ring tone.. and you're done ! About the most exciting thing is getting the "shuffle" ! I like the theme, but the mechanics and interaction are terrible, maybe that's what folks want in the summer, but I'll take a St Paddy's, or Wildlife event any day..
at least people don't fail because of being bad in the event game

- in Wildlife event you need a little bit skill (I am bad in that game)
- in Anniversary people needed to know the great strategy from MooningCat (or at least a good one): with that people won big (in some worlds even gold league for free). but many failed to get a full golden tower because they didn't knew how to play

in this event there is no strategy:
just spend all doubloons.
and if a player fails to complete the main building it is not bad play but bad luck

qaccy

Emperor
Let the community be part of the design process. Give us (or maybe a select few) the chance to point out flaws in your thinking earlier so you have a serious chance to improve it.
Welcome to beta. The place where players get the chance to offer feedback on game updates before they release to the live servers. The thing that seems to be forgotten though is that the devs are not required to respond to any of that feedback, neither directly nor in the form of changing the game based on it. They often do (to suggest otherwise would be disingenuous), and they're almost certainly going to be making changes to the event here on beta during the testing phase, but there should not be any expectation that any non-employee of Inno should have any direct control over how the game's designed.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Luck wise tiles flip obtaining the reward is a problem. Previous wheel concept illustrate available items before spinning the wheel. This one is completely no logic. Purely blind folded mechanism like Winter event.

I don't want to end up like picking something unwanted or bad. Clicking/Touching the new 'start' or 'grab' button, let the AI picks the 'tile' for me. Let it disappoint me, rather myself feeling bad luck by picking something on my own. It is possible to make this change very easily.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I'm just curious does anyone in this thread chase this prize?
View attachment 9465
it is better to have on killer (best would at almost the end and not on day 1) the rest just fillers
(killer = the one prize you really want to win, filler = offered prizes almost nobody want but there must be something offered)

and the event is 32 days long.
so just collect doubloons and wait for your killer ;)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Summer event 2022: without neighbour interference there's a fixed number of coins needed for the daily special
Swinter event 2023: with some good bad luck players will be spending large soms of diamonds event currency to get any daily special

Inno's logic, I've crossed out what we the players are not supposed to "know." Pretty sure this is how awesomely this event has been designed :D

Herr Voxner

Merchant
The amount of forge points doesn't change with higher ages. It's more likely to say, that higher ages get discriminated, because the first few ages can be done with a couple hundreds forge points, while the highest ages require 10.000+ forge points. GB require forge points, depending on their age they are based on. It seems you looked in the wrong column. If you're e.g. in IA, you get the same amount of forge points with this building as a player that already reached SAJM.
I don't think you understood what I was referring too... the newer event buildings now range forge points dependent on Age/Era. So YES the amount of forge points generated by the new event buildings do range and give more for later ages.

It does cost more forge points to go through research yes...you also get expansions and can add more forge point generating buildings with those expansions right? So that argument is null (and frankly could be used better for the opposite, since later ages have access to more space for resources).

GBs cost the same forge points to level no matter what age your city is in.

Kronan

Viceroy
Agree with the "boring" assessment. I just arrived at the Daily phase of the event, so it's drip, drip, drip of doubloons each day (2 x 10 = 20 each day), so that's 2 chances to click the board, and then a full board reset at nite.

What am I missing here? How is this exciting? Challenging? Fun? Worthy of anyone's focus or time?

Coupled with @MooingCat's analysis:

that the bar's been raised again to obtain a "standard accomplishment" building to 2.2% of players will succeed...., I wonder what the EVENT team @ INNO was thinking when this was proposed, designed and approved as an event venue.

Not making much sense to me as something compelling, exciting, or of much interest, especially for the next ...

26 days...

Last edited:

Beta567

Baronet
it is better to have on killer (best would at almost the end and not on day 1) the rest just fillers
(killer = the one prize you really want to win, filler = offered prizes almost nobody want but there must be something offered)

and the event is 32 days long.
so just collect doubloons and wait for your killer ;)
Somewhere in parallel universe Inno offers all interesting dailies because it might cause more interest hence more diamond spent.

.Chris

Baronet
Welcome to beta. The place where players get the chance to offer feedback on game updates before they release to the live servers. The thing that seems to be forgotten though is that the devs are not required to respond to any of that feedback, neither directly nor in the form of changing the game based on it. They often do (to suggest otherwise would be disingenuous), and they're almost certainly going to be making changes to the event here on beta during the testing phase, but there should not be any expectation that any non-employee of Inno should have any direct control over how the game's designed.
I would normally not comment on this but I'm curious... did you stop reading after the sentence you quoted?
Because in the very NEXT sentence I pointed out that I explicitly do NOT want the community to have an impact on game design. Simply point out flaws in the devs thinking early enough so it can still be fixed since, when the event arrives on BETA, there will (most likely) be no more changes to the event mechanics.

Gedrog

Squire
Heavily loaded with level1 Trading posts so 2 X level 1 Trading posts even before you get too a level 5 Why not just replace it with selection kit
1 doubloon Incidents, Come on, really!?
THe Buccaneers and Viceroy Nicely Balances the Attacking army stats like to see a bit more balance in the defensive army stats add a little more Defence for Defensive army on the ViceRoy and reduce it's attack for defensive army.
I cant ever remember using the Coin Boosters or supply boosters apart from having to reach event requirements when I just started for me this is just AD fodder, Maybe swap it for a store it building frag I am constantly looking for these whilst I improve my City

Kronan

Viceroy
I would normally not comment on this but I'm curious... did you stop reading after the sentence you quoted?
Because in the very NEXT sentence I pointed out that I explicitly do NOT want the community to have an impact on game design. Simply point out flaws in the devs thinking early enough so it can still be fixed since, when the event arrives on BETA, there will (most likely) be no more changes to the event mechanics.

Yes @.Chris - a fine distinction. We get the product after it's built, and it's received as such that Inno can re-probability it as their main weapon to "fix" it to our suggestions (if embraced), or their goals - or both.

I know exactly what you're saying though - it's not lost on me.

Right now, we work with INNO AFTER the event is already baked and we just help them redesign the message and icing a bit. It's not a big role, but it does offer a voice.
However, lately, in some ways, our partnership (loosely termed) feels confrontational.

Your suggestion is the same one I've suggested here, and used for all my software projects as both an independent developer and part of a corroborate corporate team. Get customers involved a bit to shape the product or point out things that weren't considered, or considered strongly enough BEFORE design and coding start.
To my knowledge, Inno doesn't ask "the best of the best qualified members of the gamer community they serve" that have skills to help them shape directions or events, as an adjunct part of their design teams.

It's called "NOT INVENTED HERE" syndrome - and I thought that was abandoned in the CS development world a long time ago - but maybe it hasn't.

Yekk

Regent
The players though do respond. ON LIVE where they do not do the events. One bad event leaves a bad taste that extends to future events. Most guilds are losing players in droves now from the recent ineptness of INNO which now has to let go of 18% of its employees. Yes Inno does not have to respond but does pay the price for such ineptness...