• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

Beta567

Baronet
It’s common knowledge that this event minigame is horrible bad, the calendar reward illusive since you need an incredible streak of good luck or spend much diamonds to brute force the odds. That been said, why would that be worth 20% attack buff? Considering that it’s easier to get it elsewhere with reliable and proven methods.
I was trying to say that it doesn't matter either you chase calendar or daily you won't get what you want.

but that wasn't what the discussion you started:

here to remember what all started about

players CAN open 4 slots a day (enough days and the rest would opening the calender with daily challenge pieces)

and YOU could also open 4 slots a day IF you just have opened 4 slots a day in the past

but you did more in previous days so you can't do that anymore
Why would anyone limit themselves to 4 attempts a day by choice? That would be horrible strategy and would accomplish little toward any goal you might have for the event, whether it is getting the event building or filling all spots on the calendar. You aren't even making any sense, sorry.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was trying to say that it doesn't matter either you chase calendar or daily you won't get what you want.
I disagree, with the calendar it’s unlikely yes, unless an overwhelming streak of good luck is on your side. While it’s not really visible to get tons of dailies it’s possible to get some amount. At least I’ve never been so unlucky that I ended any winter event with 0 daily specials.

INNO I am giving up. Will skip this and most probably the next 2 events plus any other new stuff!!! I am so tired. Next event which seems not to work again to many new fragments I dont wanna have. I lost overview over possible upgrades and new features... I am tired. To many new features without any sence and no time left to even understand or evaluate against my own gaming strategy. Maybe somewhere in September I will try to rejoin testing and evaluating stuff against fun.
Money I dont have is requested and quality issues are in a row of new features I am not able to invest any more brains in. Tired. ... exhausted and fun went ... what a bad result for a game... game should at least be fun... thats why we are playing. Tried to give that feedback now since somewhen in November last year. You dont want to listen... Now I am giving up... From a natural born Hamburg citizen... a lot of loyality was swinging in this giving up post

Before, I wanted the game to innovate, remove the profiles that circumvent the rules in addition to inactive players, put something for the space ages because since 2019 there is nothing new. On the contrary, it only made it worse with fast farming, useless PVP Arena, Expedition that worked, was nerfed and they put something nothing to do with expedition. And not to mention the settlements that to obtain a building you take at least 6 months, it's outrageous. Because come on, event buildings are better than settlement buildings and you can earn a maximum in 21 days
Makes sense since inno was bought by cellphone game company in 2020. :p Its becoming pay to get the golden upgrade for the event price, even if it's pretty nice it still sucks that the final level before golden is half or less as good.

I guess they just recently let go hundreds of staff members too.

Some things I hope they can correct during this event: Skip the coin throwing animation, takes up too much time and I don't care how much I win. Buff up the amount of dablooms won by incidents/daily OR reduce the cost per guess on the board. Its complete nonsense to only be able to make 2 moves per day - boring!

Some things I hope they revamp for summer/winter event: take out shuffle stone and add shuffle button.

Just a side note, I have no idea what the words on the board mean since I don't speak spanish and there is a treasure button. This layout isn't very intuitive to tell the user what the going on in this game. AND B) the board doesn't tell you how much each selection costs, it should say in the box that appears when you hover over a piece of stone.

Makes sense since inno was bought by cellphone game company in 2020. :p Its becoming pay to get the golden upgrade for the event price, even if it's pretty nice it still sucks that the final level before golden is half or less as good.

I guess they just recently let go hundreds of staff members too.

The article I read said 75 which is still close to 20% of their workforce.

With 20% fewer people, no one should be expecting new and innovative (It's ironic that the first 4 letters of innovative are Inno) because it seems extremely likely that cut & paste features will be the order of the day.

jtrucker

Baronet
Oh,. Haven't read the news about Inno being acquired by another company. Now it all make sense:
Many prices for real $$ (not even for diamonds) + firing 20% of the employees = corporate greed in its pure form. Great example of how the corporations work. Good to know the reasons behind the game going step by step to the sewer.

jtrucker

Baronet
I think in the winter event, after the elves workshop was filled, it stopped popping up. My treasure map is full but I am not advancing right now so I can not tell you if it stops popping up. I hope they copied that part too. But, they didn't copy the Grand Prize advancement.
Winter event - stars to matches to city lights Revised Winter event (ie summer event) - doubloons to coin flip
They skip a step. I am sure someone else has filled it, not paid (everyone else), and can see if it pops up.
It keeps popping up even if the map is full and you didn't buy it

I guess the events have not been adjusted to the new event yet. 1 doubloon is a bit little when you need 10 at least.

Yeah, I've mentioned exactly this a few pages ago. Not that Inno cares. The lowest amount in the anniversary event I found was 20 energy = two steps in the game. Here is is 0.1 step in the game. What a joke.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The event is currently not balanced well enough, only a small percentage of players will be able to get the 280 progress required during the event.

Currently, you can get:

* Starting: 20
* Quests: 67*10 = 670
* Logins: 32*10 = 320
* Milestones: 50+50 = 100
* Total: 1110 Doubloons

The "14 Stars" option has been removed, and picking up key fragments doesn't give you back doubloons either, so you get back far less from the minigame than you did from the winter event. In winter the amount you could spend was around x1.36 the starting amount, in summer that's down to around x1.17. This means that with 1110 starting doubloons, you can spend just below 1300 doubloons, for 130 opened tiles, which equals 260 progress on average. That's 20 away from the 280 that is required. Using the simulator I made for the winter event (updated with summer event changes), I get the following distribution of players, with the red line being the required amount of progress. According to this, only 2.2% of players will be lucky enough to the to 280 progress.

39SJDtW.png

This clearly needs to be improved. I think increasing daily quest reward to 15 doubloons and updating the doubloons from incidents to be in line with the winter event would be enough. That would give a 93.66% chance of getting 280 according to my simulator, with incidents to cover the rest.

p5gTumT.png[img]

CrashBoom

Legend
the new way of grand prizes:
less other things, only for the main event buildings

previously: every 2nd was something else (goods, FP, ...)

look at rewards starting from milestone 280
upgrade kits, golden fragments, upgrade kit, golden fragments, upgrade kit, base building, golden fragments, upgrade kit, golden fragments, upgrade kit, golden fragment

that are 11 in a row not giving something else than for the main building :rolleyes:

At Grand Prize "100" (again a Level 1 Trading Post(!) ) it has to be a Trading Post Selection Kit (in my opinion)
3 upgrades in a row (80.100.120)
doesn't fit into the pattern: upgrade every 2nd prize

replace it with 100 FP :cool:

.Chris

Baronet
At Grand Prize "100" (again a Level 1 Trading Post(!) ) it has to be a Trading Post Selection Kit (in my opinion)
We have been over this so many times now...

This additional Lvl 1 is intended for those who purchase the Event Pass.
It is located between two GPs therefore it doesn't take anything away from the Non-Paying players; it simply replaces a useless reward.

CrashBoom

Legend
It is located between two GPs therefore it doesn't take anything away from the Non-Paying players; it simply replaces a useless reward.
you expect that there would an useless reward
but FP and goods would always be something useful :p

for non-paying players it takes away one other reward (and even useless it can be sold for a few hundred dealer coins)
because those player only build one building anyway
nobody would build a 2nd to have it at a low level (worst case: at level 1)

and according to the calculating above (thanks for that) non-paying players don't even get the first one fully levelled

This additional Lvl 1 is intended for those who purchase the Event Pass.
if those players need it then put it into the event pass prizes :rolleyes:

SirAlucard

Steward
I do see a pattern, since the anniversary event we aren't even able to complete at least one of the new event buildings without spending diamonds or paying the event pass. At the anniversary event I was only able to get a level 8 on Beta, level 9 on my main and side world. Wildlife event also one upgrade short, calculations make it clear that in this event also one upgrade short for at least the highest level without the golden upgrade. In my opinion, Inno changed their course of action for the worse and let greed take over. Honestly, forcing people to pay for something out of the blue, that was previously for free, drives these people away. It's a simple calculation: the greedier you get, the less you focus on what is important: the satisfaction of your customers -> unsatisfite customers start to complain for a while until they realize that the course of action doesn't change -> the customers start to leave. Yeah, new customers may show up, but in smaller numbers than the leaving ones and with a much lower chance to spend money in the same amount, if at all. I say it again for you, Inno, you're biting the hand, that feeds you, and that will hurt you in the long run. I don't ask for the free golden upgrade, but IMO players should be free to at least get the new building to the normal max level without diamonds and money. And also beware, you're drifting into the same direction that e.g. EA drifted a few years back: you're focusing more and more on real money gambling. This means in many countries your game will at least get an 18+/R-rating in the long run, again, this will only hurt you.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@MooingCat very true, on most Dutch servers currently 20%+ of participant of anniversary have gotten sufficient progress for the golden upgrade. It's achievable but tricky. However I'm a bit nervous for the pirate event. Like you've pointed out the lack of the 14 event currency drops the likelihood of getting the grand prize semi-maxed out (without golden upgrade). Though hopefully a rebalance will happen soon-ish to fix the issue.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I disagree, with the calendar it’s unlikely yes, unless an overwhelming streak of good luck is on your side. While it’s not really visible to get tons of dailies it’s possible to get some amount. At least I’ve never been so unlucky that I ended any winter event with 0 daily specials.
Visible = viable, my auto-correct changed it. Slipped through it when I was rereading my post.