• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
You're a well known shill for the game, you have no credibility. We both know at this point in the event we are down to one quest a day for the rest of the event. It's a poorly designed event and the execution sucks and nothing you say can change those facts.
but that wasn't what the discussion you started:

here to remember what all started about
Obviously you are spending diamonds if you are opening 4 slots a day. I only get 20 doubloons a day from the quests, for sure not enough for 4 attempts
players CAN open 4 slots a day (enough days and the rest would opening the calender with daily challenge pieces)

and YOU could also open 4 slots a day IF you just have opened 4 slots a day in the past

but you did more in previous days so you can't do that anymore

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
and you'll be out of doublooms by day 5 or 6 and back to 2 tries per day afterwards.... the experienced players know this minigame sucked for many years in Winter Event, and now makes the Summer event suck. but go ahead and respond again, keep the trolling

... i smell a FoE employee here ;) if it was your idea at the event planning meeting, then own up to the bad decision lol

I just think I'm going to steer away from this forum. If you enjoy complaining and making assumptions, go ahead.

The presents as such will be available as shown before the shuffle, only their position will change iirc

But does the position actually matter? Top left, bottom right, somewhere in the middle?

In other words, are specific items randomly assigned to specific locations? If so, it really does matter where you choose to click.

Or does the game generate a random list of items? The first item on that list is what you will receive for your first click - no matter where you choose to click. And so on for the second item on the list, the third item, etc.

Is there an advantage or disadvantage to players for either approach?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not sure why the calendar is such a hot topic. The building is easily skippable. Sacrificing daily specials for the hopes on a streak of good luck for couple of weeks for... 20% att buff on both armies? Skull cave is surely the most efficient but relying on luck is rather unreliable. It's far more likely to raise both sides' attacking buffs with daily specials with a higher chance of success than chasing down the illusive calendar but to each their own.

CrashBoom

Legend
I'm not sure why the calendar is such a hot topic. The building is easily skippable. Sacrificing daily specials for the hopes on a streak of good luck for couple of weeks for... 20% att buff on both armies? Skull cave is surely the most efficient but relying on luck is rather unreliable. It's far more likely to raise both sides' attacking buffs with daily specials with a higher chance of success than chasing down the illusive calendar but to each their own.

yes: if you know that you will fail the best is not to try

I never tried to get the calendar in the winter event
(and halloween / archeology event the calendar was easy achievable)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
yes: if you know that you will fail the best is not to try

I never tried to get the calendar in the winter event
(and halloween / archeology event the calendar was easy achievable)
Winter event calendar has a low chance of completion. Shuffle is part of the reason but mainly it relies on luck or brute forcing the odds till they tip in your favour. Which can be either highly unreliable or a very expensive and risky gamble for just 20% attack buff on both armies. Not sure in what position it could become rationally worth it but I can't really find something. Unless trying very fanatically pushing buffs up to ever rising record heights.
Though if I had a unlimited budget for Forge, don't care about my city and only care about GbG and GE5, I would probably age rushed through SAJM, got all expansions available and filled it all up with phantom towers + couple of towers producing units. To maintain my army. Not sure how sky-high my buffs would become but probably pretty high. Than pushing hard for a skull cave could feel like something semi-reasonable. Besides making maybe making an exception for the forgotten temple but other than that a roadless "city" aimed to max out efficiency. Only in such a exceptional unlikely scenario I might feel brute forcing skull cave into my city would be appealing enough.

jtrucker

Baronet
I just think I'm going to steer away from this forum. If you enjoy complaining and making assumptions, go ahead.
Well, sorry that you feel offended. But the simple mathematic truth is that the calendar cannot be opened for free, end of story. No matter what you say or think "now" (not even in the middle of the event), you will not have the full calendar at the end without spending any diamonds. And that's a fact, believe it or not, but you will see for yourself at the end of the event. It is kind of pointless to argue now when there is abundance of doubloons from the rush quests. They will (not might but will) run out eventually.

As an example, I spent 80 doubloons today,. hit 3x shuffle and did NOT get the calendar key. I care a bit only, out of principle that the minigame design is flawed, not out of real desire for the reward. The point is that there is only one real interesting price in the calendar (the Skull Cave), so it is not such a big sacrifice to just ignore the calendar entirely.

but that wasn't what the discussion you started:

here to remember what all started about

players CAN open 4 slots a day (enough days and the rest would opening the calender with daily challenge pieces)

and YOU could also open 4 slots a day IF you just have opened 4 slots a day in the past

but you did more in previous days so you can't do that anymore
The purpose of Beta, and our feedback, is to help improve the game. When you hide the faults with your false data and claims you defeat the entire purpose of the whole thing

Beta567

Baronet
I guess this is because of the crappy event design. Like in the Anniversary event you can even pick what percentage you want to go with. Here you have what? 6% chance that you click where you need. and I guess winter event has even worse chance right? I mean why? Just for the variety of the events?

GateKeeper

Baronet
Yup similar to what Beta567 just said... part of the angst against the calendar is 3 years of it in the Winter Event was enough. Its lazy to copy paste the same minigame format into another event, and it should be a little embarrassing for the game developer to be forced to follow those instructions from the accountants. The Summer wheel was simplistic yes, but its better then Winter Event 2.0 what we have here.

As you know from the Winter mess in this minigame its hard to get dailies...you have to first win the daily, then you have to continue to find the shuffle, then rinse and repeat. We all have made plenty of suggestions in the Winter event for them to add a diamond shuffle...not sure why they won't, that equals money to them... 10 diamond shuffle button. they get diamonds spent, we get more chance of daily rewards.

CDmark

Baronet
Please stop the Treasures window from popping up everytime after shuffle, it's very distracting and annoying, thank you
I think in the winter event, after the elves workshop was filled, it stopped popping up. My treasure map is full but I am not advancing right now so I can not tell you if it stops popping up. I hope they copied that part too. But, they didn't copy the Grand Prize advancement.
Winter event - stars to matches to city lights Revised Winter event (ie summer event) - doubloons to coin flip
They skip a step. I am sure someone else has filled it, not paid (everyone else), and can see if it pops up.

With all the confusion of summer event being just like winter event, I was reminded by my wife, it is winter in the southern hemisphere. So, you may want to adjust the announcement
"as the Summer Event returns with a twist for 2023!" add on, the twist being,
Summer in Europe, Winter in Brazil event where we bring you all the Pirate fun in past summer events combined with the famous 32 day Calendar and the "players choice award winning" Shuffle board. So break out your eye patches (you wont need 2 eyes because you may get 1 doubloon from an incident so only one eye needed) and let's do the SAMBA Shuffle.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I guess this is because of the crappy event design. Like in the Anniversary event you can even pick what percentage you want to go with. Here you have what? 6% chance that you click where you need. and I guess winter event has even worse chance right? I mean why? Just for the variety of the events?
It’s common knowledge that this event minigame is horrible bad, the calendar reward illusive since you need an incredible streak of good luck or spend much diamonds to brute force the odds. That been said, why would that be worth 20% attack buff? Considering that it’s easier to get it elsewhere with reliable and proven methods.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
As you know from the Winter mess in this minigame its hard to get dailies...you have to first win the daily, then you have to continue to find the shuffle, then rinse and repeat. We all have made plenty of suggestions in the Winter event for them to add a diamond shuffle...not sure why they won't, that equals money to them... 10 diamond shuffle button. they get diamonds spent, we get more chance of daily rewards.
I know that the odds are low. I was rather wondering why chasing down the illusive calendar over daily specials? The odds are bad for dallies but at least we know it’s possible to get them for free. We know that’s not the case with the calendar.

zookeepers

Marquis
What happened to the 14 stars, from the winter event? doubloons for this event
I knew something was missing, oh, the extra event currency. Probably just an oversight.

The winter event is basically a lottery (only luck matters) but because of those 14 stars, there is a slight strategy.

So this mechanic in the new summer event is more boring compared to the winter event.

The visual part is great so I don't think it's totally awful, but the mechanic is very unattractive.