• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

Norde

Merchant
I'm not fan of this winter event copy, but well, it was ok. It has its own pros.
- Its simplicity makes it easier to go for the daily rewards.
- If it goes the same in live servers, that's nice. Got the full building.
- I was excited about the Viceroy Villa, but ended up being disappointed. I'm just not that premium type player.
- Calendar is out of the picture. Doesn't worth it.
- Treasure Map Dealer, well, only because of Cartographer's House I'm thinking to spend diamonds, but the rest of it is scrap in the deal, just as always.

All Free Now

Marquis
Bad event to a satisfying event, that's a first in 2023. Good job!! Also, Please try to avoid giving hiccups on every event (I know it is beta, but don't make us argue or request for the buffs continuously).

CDmark

Baronet
Well, now I have a dilemma.... Trading Post lvl 9 produces Buccaneers Bay :fragment: (golden upgrade) and Buccaneers Bay no longer. Since I ended up at 440 and collected 157 / 150 :fragment: of golden upgrade along the way, now I don't know whether to keep Trading Post to produce those :fragment: or do the upgrade.
Besides, I don't see in the description of the Trading Post whether there is a limit to the production of :fragment: - and I assume there is - or maybe not after all.
:rolleyes:o_O
I had the same situation. First, being newer I have no BG so my calculation was based on straight numbers, no bonuses. I figured 144 days for a golden upgrade (6/150). I have 3 ups + 1-L1, a L4 in inventory. I would still need 5 more upgrades. In 144 days, I could get

with TP-L9
36 frags 300% D
36 frags 300% A
72 frags of hideout kit

with the BB
108 frags 300% A&D
288 frags of hideout kit...2 more hidden goods, more potions

Being Iron Age, I get 5% more Red A, 10% more Red D and 10% more Blue A (not important for me but didn't want to exclude it)

After 144 days, I would have a golden upgrade for next year's event (possibly could see it in other venues but for sure next year)

So, I didn't see the value in waiting. As I am cashing in on the current BB, if I had a L9 TP somehow, I could wait then, it is still a good event building as is. The potions are important for me, specifically, so I can auto battle GE and do some GBG. It is a newer player, no traz, so rogues are still low in inventory. The extra balistas from PY-R8 and potions, I can do a lot more with this player. This beta player has specific goals, camp in IA, do event questing fast, get a look at the upcoming event, hopefully provide some feedback to help adjust beta events to make them better for the live players, lastly, see what new fragments are coming out...lol. But the things I have mentioned should help many newer IA players on the live server.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just my 2 cents in regards of generating fragments for golden upgrades, I'd rather have it on a small side building like wild life event. As it's much easier to just toss it in the city and let it produce a golden upgrade over time. If it'll be added in the selection kit of its respective building.

Titantropo

Farmer
We normally have 24h to the last quest. This event we only had 5. And yet I got:
-3 trading posts level 1
-11 trading post upgrade kit
-1 buccaneers bay trading kit.
Conclusion: almost 1,5 trading posts in total.

When it comes live, I bet I'll only be able to get a trading post at level 8.

Taffy540

Farmer
In the beta event you have minimum coins to throw the dice. This is point 1. Point 2 is when you throw the dice for the last 2 weeks I and 2 other people I play with have only got one or two every time with the counters from the cup, never 3. This seems to be needing some tweaking before the general release. Point 3, why were 2 of the previous event rewards for completing X number of event quest daily components an avatar only and not an upgrade or a large amounts of coin to even make it possible to get every level of the event building. Point 4 There were extra base units and yellow(final upgrade parts 30/150) as prizes before enough regular upgrades to complete the building first. Im sure you check stats, how significant is the drop off rate when people realise they cannot complete the building without paying real world cash. I paid i think 2800 diamonds in a previous quest to get extra goes when it was worth a good chance to secure a previous event building. I managed to get enough parts to build a governors villa to full. These options are missing as the quests for the last 3 events were not achievable. I fear that this miserly approach will cost inno participation in events which in truth is all about slowing people down in their city developement. If they dont want to do the quest, they wont spend the millions of coin, supplies, goods etc that all events require. I love this game but changing things for change sake when the game is damn good to start with seems to me like someone is trying to justify the reduction of rewards and chances toeven get close enough to the final level of the main building to make it all worth doing. If I do 61/61 quests and never miss a beat and still only get a max of lvl7 of 9, thats where you loose interest.

Ice bear

Squire
p
In the beta event you have minimum coins to throw the dice. This is point 1. Point 2 is when you throw the dice for the last 2 weeks I and 2 other people I play with have only got one or two every time with the counters from the cup, never 3. This seems to be needing some tweaking before the general release. Point 3, why were 2 of the previous event rewards for completing X number of event quest daily components an avatar only and not an upgrade or a large amounts of coin to even make it possible to get every level of the event building. Point 4 There were extra base units and yellow(final upgrade parts 30/150) as prizes before enough regular upgrades to complete the building first. Im sure you check stats, how significant is the drop off rate when people realise they cannot complete the building without paying real world cash. I paid i think 2800 diamonds in a previous quest to get extra goes when it was worth a good chance to secure a previous event building. I managed to get enough parts to build a governors villa to full. These options are missing as the quests for the last 3 events were not achievable. I fear that this miserly approach will cost inno participation in events which in truth is all about slowing people down in their city developement. If they dont want to do the quest, they wont spend the millions of coin, supplies, goods etc that all events require. I love this game but changing things for change sake when the game is damn good to start with seems to me like someone is trying to justify the reduction of rewards and chances toeven get close enough to the final level of the main building to make it all worth doing. If I do 61/61 quests and never miss a beat and still only get a max of lvl7 of 9, thats where you loose interest.
point 2: was rebalance and from cup it was possible get 1 or 2, not 3 anymore, you must read news during event

Taffy540

Farmer
All of this years quests have avatars, they used to be a frivoulous add on reward not a major reward. Now every quest has a cost to win feature and its impossible to get the whole thing. We were all given 800 coin in here at one point to get us the lvl 10. Wouldnt have happened without Inno seeing we needed it. Maybe a better thought out reward line for the main line(not the pay to play rewards above) would have been good. The event with the candy crush and paws in general at the moment never has enough coins random in the wilderness to pay for the 660 tools pack leave alone the 1220 pack. Without these being available(maybe through daily quests having 100 coin option) would mean that every 6 or 7 days you could get the 660 pack would be enough of a change to make the event doable. Trying to offer opinions guys, not picking apart other peoples posts either.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Taffy540 - yes, including GE, which treat avatars in GE 5 as an encounter reward in some encounters, also. Yes, it's only a 10% chance, but given a choice, I would never opt for winning an avatar over a functional game item. Yes, another game reward "dilution".

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
I believe its that way because it gives the 100% coin boost if you are talking about the Trading Post/BB

I think, from reading back, that a few people are calling the event currency we used in the event (really called "DOUBLOONS") simply as just plain "COIN". That may be leading us mildly astray due to a non-specific terminology term .... @Vic.Vicious

@Taffy540 got that started here:

We were all given 800 coin in here at one point to get us the lvl 10.

doughster

Merchant
I believe its that way because it gives the 100% coin boost if you are talking about the Trading Post/BB
Refering to Trading Post: SAJM coin estimate is 100,700. I regularly buy FPs with coins but the coins have become non-existent on recent event bldgs or super low as with the TP.

qaccy

Emperor
Did anyone ever happen to put together a list of what's available through Treasure Maps? I'm not hopeful since it costs diamonds (and I doubt any forum regulars really use them), but I'm wondering if anything appealing aside from the Cartographer's House can show up there.