• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4892

I understand the reasoning behind adding the limited gold and silver rings and I have noticed that so far the wheel is being refreshed faster than in previous years. I cannot say for sure if this is because people are testing the event or if they are actually trying for the limited prizes. It's too early to tell.

I'm less enthused about the prize sets too. I think sets were a novelty when they were introduced but they are now losing their allure. I have sets in multiple worlds sitting in inventory because they are simply too big. It doesn't matter how good the bonuses are or how pretty they are very few players will be able to keep all those sets in their city. It was bad enough when we had big single event buildings (caravansery for example) I couldn't imagine being a lower era player and trying to fit so many sets in. I'll also add that I'm not thrilled that there are 10 pieces for two sets. If there must be two sets- they should be 3 or 4 pieces each.

The artwork is simply beautiful as it has been for the past few events. I hope the team knows how much players like the look of the new style.

Last, I'm really really surprised that no one has mentioned the lack of military buildings being offered on the wheel. That was such a big draw in past years. I'd rather spend diamonds to buy chances for a military building from a tech later in my era that I'm not close to unlocking yet than spend them for chances at set pieces- because I'll always prioritize military in my city. FoE is a fighting game and that should be reflected on the wheel at least some of the time.

SergeB1

Squire
I simply can't admire enough the hard-work of our highly-respected developers in this event.

In the end, I am sure that if this event in its current mechanism reaches live, there will be plenty of hate and resentment towards Inno in the game and forums and there even may be lower participation of it.

You are absolutely right, unfortunately. I skipped last three events on live servers and have been waiting for my favorite summer event... but what a crap INNO did with it!
INNO, it seems that you finally hired really good graphic designers (all new buildings nice indeed, useless but very nice) and you extremely need more money to pay their salaries... but you are killing fun spirit of this game, IMHO.

Addonexus

Farmer
has anyone made calculations per space and compared if these sets are better or worse than japanese sets? especially FP wise. my first impression is they are worse, unless im missing something?

DeletedUser8168

I am personally very digruntled with the way this event is looking .
1) only way to get tickets has been reduced to either buying them with diamonds (way too expensive) [ I am penny slot machine player not a 20 dollar token player ] or through quests ...now that is going to greatly reduce the chances of get an entire set of your over sixed and under rewarding new bldgs
2) reduction of prize chances on the wheel is very disappointing ....the big prize one chance great .....tthe medium prize two chances at it ...woopee! .if someone has already gotten the good or medium prize ...we are forces to refresh the wheel instead of continuing on and having a chance at it on that wheel
3) by my calculations the only folks that will get and entire set of either india set will have to have paid through the nose in diamonds to get them ....and if they get both sets they are the same folks that win the million dollare lotteries everytime they BUY another TICKET ...this is really sad !
4) INNO has become so stingy with prizes and so expensive to gain nothing special bldgs ..that you are taking the fun and enjoyment out of the game
and that is what we continue playing for !
5) and adding OLD AVIATARS as prizes on the wheel is beyond shamefully...might as well left that segment blank ..cause they are totally useless once you already have it in the inventory and they useless in there as well
6) I have already posted my personal disguist across 4 world thu the friends and guild and neighborhoods I am in ..as to INNO's disregard for US in putting out such a lousy *BIG* event
7) Question I have for INNO is why are you getting so non-giving ...it cost you absolutely nothing ! but it is costing you loyalty and I am sure will cost you more and more players if it continues ....INNO should be making these event full of give aways and promote a revived interest in the game things to spur folks on not make them sad or disgruntled ! and that is what the ROC thinks !!

DeletedUser7382

gonna wait with spinning the wheel, until i will know, what 2nd quest chain will give at the end for rewards
because i prefer the Indian Fountain Set, its smaller and have much better set boni for me

the other Set, Indian Palace is 8x4 and have 'only' 6 FPs, which are interesting, a bit more/larger as a Terrace Farm with 5 FP, i don't know :)
goods and medals i just don't need
you can make a dual set giving 12 FP's taking only 52 floor space by reusing the 3 2x2 items that don't give Fp's.

DeletedUser7382

5) and adding OLD AVATARS as prizes on the wheel is beyond shamefully...might as well left that segment blank ..cause they are totally useless once you already have it in the inventory and they useless in there as well
Can't agree with this due to 2 reasons:
- I like some of these old avatars a lot : I'm waiting in my main world already for 4 years to get that Gandhi avatar. But you could only get them as a price in a chance-dependent event.
- Now at least sometimes the avatar item is disabled because you already have it from last year. If I see most people complaining about the probablilty of useless items, then at least this eliminates one useless item already.

Also many people complain about the number of useful items on the wheel.
If I remember well last year it was already a disaster, to many deco's, and supply/coin packs where on the wheel, with some luck a wheel with one interesting item popped up and everyone jumped on it. until all 4 copies were gathered. If you care about the sets, then it's an interesting event giving even better things than last year.
The years before last years then the prizes were way better than now, but if you honestly compare it with last year then I cannot say that the event is worse, it's just different, and I like it more. More challenge, and more strategic playing...

DeletedUser4892

Can't agree with this due to 2 reasons:
- I like some of these old avatars a lot : I'm waiting in my main world already for 4 years to get that Gandhi avatar. But you could only get them as a price in a chance-dependent event.
- Now at least sometimes the avatar item is disabled because you already have it from last year. If I see most people complaining about the probablilty of useless items, then at least this eliminates one useless item already.

I agree with this. In previous years I'd spend a ticket when wheels were left with just a portrait. It eliminated 4 chances of getting that portrait later in the event when I was racing other players to get a desirable prize.

Also many people complain about the number of useful items on the wheel.
If I remember well last year it was already a disaster, to many deco's, and supply/coin packs where on the wheel, with some luck a wheel with one interesting item popped up and everyone jumped on it. until all 4 copies were gathered. If you care about the sets, then it's an interesting event giving even better things than last year.
The years before last years then the prizes were way better than now, but if you honestly compare it with last year then I cannot say that the event is worse, it's just different, and I like it more. More challenge, and more strategic playing...

True. I'm not seeing coins and supplies up there and so far I haven't seen the single BP prize and that is a very nice change. I'm not a fan of the boosting items but I've learned to put up with winning them in GE so I can cope with them in the event. I don't think I'm going to play more or less strategically this year than in past ones though. I've always like that this event had some element of technique and it wasn't all chance. It will be harder this year with the addition of ten items to try to avoid once the sets are gained. Ten is just too many.

DeletedUser8168

Hence the "P.S.- All active accounts have been credited 1000 diamonds" in the Announcement!
wow ..how generous that'll buy me 10 tickets at 100 diamonds each ...thanks I'll go and get a lottery ticket for tonight !

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am personally very digruntled with the way this event is looking .
1) only way to get tickets has been reduced to either buying them with diamonds (way too expensive) [ I am penny slot machine player not a 20 dollar token player ] or through quests ...now that is going to greatly reduce the chances of get an entire set of your over sixed and under rewarding new bldgs
2) reduction of prize chances on the wheel is very disappointing ....the big prize one chance great .....tthe medium prize two chances at it ...woopee! .if someone has already gotten the good or medium prize ...we are forces to refresh the wheel instead of continuing on and having a chance at it on that wheel
3) by my calculations the only folks that will get and entire set of either india set will have to have paid through the nose in diamonds to get them ....and if they get both sets they are the same folks that win the million dollare lotteries everytime they BUY another TICKET ...this is really sad !
4) INNO has become so stingy with prizes and so expensive to gain nothing special bldgs ..that you are taking the fun and enjoyment out of the game
and that is what we continue playing for !
5) and adding OLD AVIATARS as prizes on the wheel is beyond shamefully...might as well left that segment blank ..cause they are totally useless once you already have it in the inventory and they useless in there as well
6) I have already posted my personal disguist across 4 world thu the friends and guild and neighborhoods I am in ..as to INNO's disregard for US in putting out such a lousy *BIG* event
7) Question I have for INNO is why are you getting so non-giving ...it cost you absolutely nothing ! but it is costing you loyalty and I am sure will cost you more and more players if it continues ....INNO should be making these event full of give aways and promote a revived interest in the game things to spur folks on not make them sad or disgruntled ! and that is what the ROC thinks !!

It's not that bad:
1) you get 3/5 of the indian palace set for completing the quests
2) the set pieces are a lot more common than other items on the wheel - every wheel usually has about 2 set pieces available
3) the wheel will be refreshing a lot - this was mentioned in their post as the desired reason for limiting the good stuff per wheel - instead of cleaning off wheels now the good stuff will usually run out first and the wheel get refreshed before it gets cleaned off like last year

I'd estimate that you can likely complete both sets once without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser7829

We only get free diamonds on beta server for testing. If they started giving out diamonds on live they would go bankrupt faster than the Kentucky derby!

It was irony of course

DeletedUser4892

The information window for the Bandar playground is not showing an increase in boost when placed next to other set items. Is this a bug?

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 8.29.22 PM.png

DeletedUser8160

Bug?
Task 7/20 game crashes (internal error) when I go to donate goods to guild
also at the bottom of the information page it says
P.S.- All active accounts have been credited 1000 diamonds
I haven't got them?

podkap1970

Emperor
It's not that bad:
1) you get 3/5 of the indian palace set for completing the quests
2) the set pieces are a lot more common than other items on the wheel - every wheel usually has about 2 set pieces available
3) the wheel will be refreshing a lot - this was mentioned in their post as the desired reason for limiting the good stuff per wheel - instead of cleaning off wheels now the good stuff will usually run out first and the wheel get refreshed before it gets cleaned off like last year

I'd estimate that you can likely complete both sets once without spending diamonds.
yes i'm sure everyone have a big chance to win the last 2 pieces of the Palace Set to complete it
the Fountain Set will be a lot more difficulty, since the Elephant Fountain is a gold price, means only one player in the neighbourhood can win it ones
means you need a good portion of luck to see it, and even more luck to win it :)

after 2 extra quests done i have 30 tickets, i think i had 28 after 1st quest chain was done

Edit:
and is this a bug or not, that sometimes normal residential/supply/cultural buildings have a silver ring ? Maelstrom Dynamo.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Task 7/20 game crashes (internal error) when I go to donate goods to guild

Known issue that we are working to resolve.

P.S.- All active accounts have been credited 1000 diamonds
I haven't got them?

Please contact me through ingame support and I will investigate this for you.

means you need a good portion of luck to see it, and even more luck to win it :)

Shouldn't all special prizes involve some difficulty, or even chance? If not, then everyone would have them, and then they are not special anymore. Just my opinion :)

DeletedUser8231

here are the stats of OF
Western Palace Tower: Maharaja's Jungle Pond: Bander Playground: Titan Arum Plant: Elephant Fountain Gate: Memorial Chhatri: Chhatri Garden:
more will follow, soon ®

Edit:
Eastern Palace Tower: Elephant Fountain: Edit 2:
Maharaha's Palace:
when it says touching 4 other buildings you get these boosts, do they have to all be different or can you have the likes of Maharaja's palace with 4 East palace towers to get the max boost?