• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

However, it seems very hard to get them. The mechanic of gold (once), silver (twice) and green (four times) is awful. We're going to waste diamond in this event.

I'm assuming that in many NHs the moment the gold goes ppl may refresh the wheel. Its all going to depend on how many times it comes around again. I can certainly see some1 with piece A already refreshing the wheel preventing others ever getting 'A' unless everything comes around a *lot* of times. I imagine the anger/frustration levels of having 4/5 of a set will b much greater if you spent all your tickets for that set in the event. I'm hoping you can win some on quests or we may have little chance...

podkap1970

Emperor
gonna wait with spinning the wheel, until i will know, what 2nd quest chain will give at the end for rewards
because i prefer the Indian Fountain Set, its smaller and have much better set boni for me

the other Set, Indian Palace is 8x4 and have 'only' 6 FPs, which are interesting, a bit more/larger as a Terrace Farm with 5 FP, i don't know :)
goods and medals i just don't need

LadyHecate

Marquis
I'm hoping you can win some on quests or we may have little chance...
gonna wait with spinning the wheel, until i will know, what 2nd quest chain will give at the end for rewards
From the original Announcement it looks as if you'll get the two Palace Towers for completing the original quest line and the Maharaja's Palace for completing the second daily/bonus quest line. Looks like spinning the Wheel is required for all the Indian Fountain Set.

podkap1970

Emperor
From the original Announcement it looks as if you'll get the two Palace Towers for completing the original quest line and the Maharaja's Palace for completing the second daily/bonus quest line. Looks like spinning the Wheel is required for all the Indian Fountain Set.
hmm seems like you are right
so i need 5 diffrent pieces of the Fountain Set via spinning, mmh

DeletedUser7764

I like how you manage to ruin a fun event by adding the gold and silver circle crap and then claim it's gonna be much more exciting (no it's not) and encourages more wheel refreshes wich is by far the worst part of the event, the amount of good prizes i lost in previous years due to some troll refreshing the wheel for no good reason is ridiculous and this is gonna make it much worse

DeletedUser7679

Are SOKs going to be on the wheel? What about premium items?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The boosts on the 'Elephant Fountain' in Iron Age are 8% coin, 8% supply, 3% defense, 2% attack - that set is much worse at lower ages, don't think i'd go for it except maybe in an endgame city and even that's a little questionable since the 8% attack is the one good thing in a 6x4 area. The Palace set seems ok and at least 2 of the pieces are coming from the questline so may as well chase the other 3.

The 1 copy of a gold prize per wheel thing is going to be an irritant - i get why though.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Things i remember seeing so far:

Gold (1 copy per wheel) :
SoK, SoA, SoI, Oasis, Maharaja Palace, Elephant Fountain, Luau, Premium House/Supply, 20% Attack Boost Consumable, Caravansary, 5 Blueprints, 20 FP, Champ Retreat, Reno Kit, Rogue Hideout, Wishing Well, Bazaar, Tiger's Den

Silver (2 copy per wheel):
Witch Doctor, Smaller Summer Set Pieces, Ziggurat, Store Building, 2 random blueprints, 3 tickets, Pole House, 100% Coin Boost Consumable, 30% Defense Boost Consumable, 10% Attack Boost Consumable, The King, Watchfire, Sandcastle, 10 FP, Boost Crate, Fishing Hut, 1 Up Kit, Non-Premium Cultural/Supply Building (not sure why these are sometimes silver, sometimes green), Premium Deco, Medium Medal Package, Beach Bar, Mass Motivation Kit, Straw Hut

Green (4 copy per wheel):
Portraits, 1-2 Tickets, Residential Building, Supply Building, Cultural Building, Event Decos (incl phoenix statue),10%- 50% Coin or Supply Boost Consumable, 5 FP, Unattached Champ/Drummer/Rogue, Small-Large Coin/Supply Package, 20% Defense Boost Consumable, 5% attack boost consumable, Motivation Kit, random blueprint

Last edited:

DeletedUser7679

Thanks Xiv: If they offer a premium house I'm sure premium culture will show up.

You can add Champ Retreat to the list. (one / wheel)

Side note: I cannot donate the 400 on quest # 7. I'm sure they are aware.

DeletedUser7382

SoKs are on the wheel as gold rewards, so only 1 per wheel.
I really like the adaptations that inno did, with respect to the limitation of gold and silver rewards. In previous years people could wait until players cleaned most of the wheel and then jumped in and take all best prizes which were left.
From the other side the number of tickets you can get is too low to be really fun... How many tickets can we get? I guess probably we cannot turn the wheel more than 30 times on a span of 22 days, that's just silly! Certainly if you take into that the best prizes got limited.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
SoKs are on the wheel as gold rewards, so only 1 per wheel.
I really like the adaptations that inno did, with respect to the limitation of gold and silver rewards. In previous years people could wait until players cleaned most of the wheel and then jumped in and take all best prizes which were left.
From the other side the number of tickets you can get is too low to be really fun... How many tickets can we get? I guess probably we cannot turn the wheel more than 30 times on a span of 22 days, that's just silly! Certainly if you take into that the best prizes got limited.

Some of the quests are giving two tickets, and there are two questlines to do (first one being 20 quests long as fast as you can, 2nd one probably a quest a day stacking up until you finish the first questline) - so probably there's 50+ tickets to be had from questing. Plus surely some amount of tickets won on the wheel.

qaccy

Emperor
Not a large fan of the boost consumables because they just give what we already have. Would it be possible at some point to introduce more sources of defense for the attacking army and/or attack for the defending army? When the stats are already lopsided, merely increasing the greater one more and more doesn't have much of an effect.

SergeB1

Squire
Things i remember seeing so far:

Gold (1 copy per wheel) :
SoK, SoA, SoI, Oasis, Maharaja Palace, Elephant Fountain, Luau, Premium House, 20% Attack Boost Consumable, Caravansary, 1 Blueprint (Obs maybe?), 20 FP, Champ Retreat, Reno Kit

No Rogue Hideout???

DeletedUser7685

The gold, silver mechanic limiting prize count really guts what was the best event of the year. I think Inno is shooting the goose that laid the golden egg with these changes. At least I'll save money not buying diamonds this time around.

Pafton

Viceroy
I simply can't admire enough the hard-work of our highly-respected developers in this event.

To ensure that few players can become owners of their buildings (which are works of art to be honest), they introduced an extremely ________ (insert the word of your choice here) mechanism. Seriously? I have played the Summer Event on live for the past three years, and it was my favourite event. Here came Inno to ruin the fun. Most players find the summer event the best with respect to the probability to win prizes. For your company's profit's sake at least remove this gold and silver ring mechanism. That kills the game. A compromise of sorts would be to keep your current crappy gold and silver rings for the set buildings and the ones which traditionally had the gold rings (like Rogue Hideouts, Champ. Retreats etc.) to be reverted to the four prizes mechanism.

To maximize their diamond sales and to extract every single diamond from the player they severely cut the ticket rewards. In earlier years, sufficient tickets used to be available from the quests. Last year, they still kept the same number of tickets, but only changed the mechanism by giving tickets in the wilderness. They even gave tickets in the wilderness upon the first login of the day. This year, I don't see tickets in the wilderness and I am pretty much sure that the first login thing also doesn't exist anymore. This simply means that less tickets for us, and coupled with the prize crap they sure have spun a nice web to catch those diamonds and sales.

In the end, I am sure that if this event in its current mechanism reaches live, there will be plenty of hate and resentment towards Inno in the game and forums and there even may be lower participation of it.

TL;DR: Inno is an idiotic, greedy and money-minded company with no attention in it's customer's interests and wishes.