• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest [Suggestion] 1 Up Kit Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7649

Hey all,

With the advent of the one up kit, I thought of a major improvement that could be made to it, I would love to hear what you guys have to say though, so please comment. :)

First a little bit about me, I play on the EN server, my main world is O and I go by the same name. I am one fo 'those people' that tries to get all the best GBs in IA. I have Gaea, DT, Arc etc, and I plan on staying in IA for a while longer to see what other GBs I can get my hands on (AO looks interesting ;))

With that out of the way let's look at the kit itself: Essentially it is a single age reno, now I have not been able to confirm (As I haven't won any from the event myself) but I have been told that they only allow you to reno UP TO your current age. This brings me to the suggestion:

Allow us to use the one up kit to reno one level at a time to an age above our current age.

Now this might seem like a really bad idea from the get go, so hear me out, and let's take a look at it in depth. Let's take a look at all the potential drawbacks of the idea by looking at each individual type of building that would be affected:

1. Bazaar/Aviary/Luau production buildings.
    • These buildings all have variable production so I decided to take a look at them first, specifically looking at fps, there will be no impact as they produce the same no matter what age. There are a couple other production options though: Crowns, goods, medals and supplies. Goods, supplies, crowns, and medals will be addressed under numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively.
  2. Confectionary/Cider Mill supplies buildings.
    • Supplies production would be greatly influenced by having a higher age supplies building, by the time you add on boosts from LoA and RaH those are massive amounts! But why isn't this a problem? Because it isn't a problem currently. As an IA player with DT, I have collected over a million supplies, certainly there is no use for that many supplies, but the real question is, does it harm the game? I don't believe there are any harms from having excessive amounts of supplies, at least I can't think of one. They are completely useless in my case, and having another way to produce supplies won't affect anything significantly.
  3. Oasis goods buildings.
    • Ah here we get to something worthwhile, goods. Now if you are like me, you probably wanted a Traz up early right? Chances are you paid fps for those goods (Some of you may have traded up or waited until PE, so kudos). So the question is: How will low age players producing high age goods impact the game? Answer: No Significant Impact. Once again we have to look back to DT, the ability to "Produce" higher age goods already exists within the game itself. Dt produces goods of any age, how is this any different if you have a higher age Oasis or otehr goods production building?
  4. HoF.
    • Crowns, now let's ask a quick question, where do you get most of your crowns from? Answer: Probably GE or GvG map right? Higher aged map territories=more crowns. Could having a high age HoF be abused by having crown farm accounts? Sure, but that problem already exists now, and I doubt it would be come a substantial problem.
  5. SOK/SOA.
    • SOK are a completely different issue than SOA, so let's look at the individually. SOK: Produces Fps and Coins. Does this already exists outside of a high age SOK? YES! Lotus... Basil... Chateau... etc (We are only looking at the coin production being affected as the number of fps is not age dependent) Now with Marks boost this could be a real money maker for low ages, the ability to buy tons of Fps right? Wrong. Fps go up in cost, and how many One up kits would it take to make an IA SOK AF? Alot... You really think people are going to be able to do that on more than one SOK? SOA: Medals. Medals would be very useful at low ages (My next expansion is 30k ugh) but does this have a significant impact? NO! Once agin there is another GB that does this for us: Arc (Gaea too) The Arc boost on medals is monstroud once you are looking at higher level arcs, even with moderate levels that I see in O (20 ish) you are looking at right around 10k medals for first place.
  6. SOI.
    • Well this one should be interesting... SOI produces bps, but can you get those in any other way? Aiding (RF helps a bit too), and Donating. The ammount of bps that an SOI produces is so minimal compared to donations or even aiding alone that I think this is completely mitigated. In terms of coin production, the colelction is every 2 days, plus see what I said under SOKs above, not a major impact on anything.
  7. Champions/Drummers/CGs
    • Now we come to the meat of the argument against going above your age. Goods, coins, medals and supplies, yeah no biggies, but now we have to discuss units. First fff, Anyone got a Traz? Anyone got a Zeus, COA, or CDM? Do you plunder your neighbors or at least attack them for points? Is that really gonna change if you have AF units? I'm not saying it won't be any easier to raid people if you have champs or what have you ages above your opponents, and sure it will help on defence, but what kind of an impact is that going to have? Probably minimal, you already attack them and win anyway. But how about GvG? Once again same thing here, if you are in IA with CA Champs, are you going to be of much use on the CA map? Probably not, your impact is going to be super minimal if all you have to attack with is rogues and champs of that age.
There is one major limiting factor of all of those upgrades that is worth mentioning HAVING THE KIT ITSELF
Is a CA player going to have enough kits to upgrade all of his SOKs, special buildings and the like up to AF? Probably not. This is a way to check the system if going above your age is allowed, there aren't many of the kits to begin with, so getting that many will be a pain. Consequently, because it will be so hard to get the kits, any potentially major impact will be mitigated by that fact alone.

So we have taken a look at most of the arguments that I can think of against the idea (Post a comment I can't think of all of them). So now what are the potential benefits of this idea anyway? As I see it there are two:

1. Spending:
    • Inno, just like any other company is concerned with their bottom line, so will this idea affect the purchase of diamonds negatively because of the saturation of high age goods, bps, or whatever? No, because of the natural limiting factor of kit availability. So will this increase diamond sales? Potentially. I know that quite a few people I know would shell out a couple hundred diamonds to age their Bazaar up a couple ages if they use it for goods (fps guys don't seem to care... wonder why... xD) I personally would be willing to shell out diamonds in the event to age my stuff up.
  2. Something to Strive for:
    • Players always need a goal in order to stay involved, they need to be after that next tech, after the next expansion, that next GB, or that next GvG win. This would give those of us that are low aged something to strive for (FE production in BA or IA anyone?)
Ultimately, companies and their consumers must work together to make the service the best it can be, and Inno has done a pretty decent job in my eyes of reconciling the consumer with their bottom line (I don't want to debate this, only productive feedback please) As we look at this idea, to make One Up kits go above the players age, I hope that we can take a look and evaluate what, if any, impacts it might have on the game we love :)

Disclaimer for Mods: This is my first post so I don't know if I put it in the right section, feel free to relocate if necessary :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Cardena

Squire

"Spirit of the game" They give us units higher than our age from quests, (I have EMA heavies) does this destroy the game? (Note: I haven't used them in at least a month.)

For almost all players those troops are no more than 1 age higher and they are very limited in number. So that is not similar to have AF champs, that can be reproduced, in for example EMA.

"Difficulty level: You don't think that there will still be some level of difficulty in the game if you just have higher age troops? Well how about getting gbs up, or moving through tech?

Fighting is an important part of the game, and that would have no difficulty at all.
And I do not think that leveling GB or moving through the tech is difficult, it just takes time.

DeletedUser7649

For almost all players those troops are no more than 1 age higher and they are very limited in number. So that is not similar to have AF champs, that can be reproduced, in for example EMA.

Fighting is an important part of the game, and that would have no difficulty at all.
And I do not think that leveling GB or moving through the tech is difficult, it just takes time.

1. Sure I will agree with your observation here.
  2. Fighting being an important part of the game, sure I can agree with that. I cannot agree with your second statement though. Getting an arc up over lvl 80, though it takes time, I would also suggest is not easy, in fact I would contend that it is "Difficult" Additionally your difficulty in tech is directly tied to how you play the game, if you want to make it more difficult that is your prerogative. Most people won't, but it's always an option.

DeletedUser7028

drummer and vessil guard have to be stored whit kit because are event buildings

DeletedUser4923

I would like a demovation kit

If you ever land upon it, you better know whats on it, planet of a New Orléans ♫

DeletedUser4923

well its actually the same in the way that upgrade has to be replaced by downgrade ;-p

I would like to go to work, but they shut it all down ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.