• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest [Suggestion] 1 Up Kit Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7649

Hey all,

With the advent of the one up kit, I thought of a major improvement that could be made to it, I would love to hear what you guys have to say though, so please comment. :)

First a little bit about me, I play on the EN server, my main world is O and I go by the same name. I am one fo 'those people' that tries to get all the best GBs in IA. I have Gaea, DT, Arc etc, and I plan on staying in IA for a while longer to see what other GBs I can get my hands on (AO looks interesting ;))

With that out of the way let's look at the kit itself: Essentially it is a single age reno, now I have not been able to confirm (As I haven't won any from the event myself) but I have been told that they only allow you to reno UP TO your current age. This brings me to the suggestion:

Allow us to use the one up kit to reno one level at a time to an age above our current age.

Now this might seem like a really bad idea from the get go, so hear me out, and let's take a look at it in depth. Let's take a look at all the potential drawbacks of the idea by looking at each individual type of building that would be affected:

1. Bazaar/Aviary/Luau production buildings.
    • These buildings all have variable production so I decided to take a look at them first, specifically looking at fps, there will be no impact as they produce the same no matter what age. There are a couple other production options though: Crowns, goods, medals and supplies. Goods, supplies, crowns, and medals will be addressed under numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively.
  2. Confectionary/Cider Mill supplies buildings.
    • Supplies production would be greatly influenced by having a higher age supplies building, by the time you add on boosts from LoA and RaH those are massive amounts! But why isn't this a problem? Because it isn't a problem currently. As an IA player with DT, I have collected over a million supplies, certainly there is no use for that many supplies, but the real question is, does it harm the game? I don't believe there are any harms from having excessive amounts of supplies, at least I can't think of one. They are completely useless in my case, and having another way to produce supplies won't affect anything significantly.
  3. Oasis goods buildings.
    • Ah here we get to something worthwhile, goods. Now if you are like me, you probably wanted a Traz up early right? Chances are you paid fps for those goods (Some of you may have traded up or waited until PE, so kudos). So the question is: How will low age players producing high age goods impact the game? Answer: No Significant Impact. Once again we have to look back to DT, the ability to "Produce" higher age goods already exists within the game itself. Dt produces goods of any age, how is this any different if you have a higher age Oasis or otehr goods production building?
  4. HoF.
    • Crowns, now let's ask a quick question, where do you get most of your crowns from? Answer: Probably GE or GvG map right? Higher aged map territories=more crowns. Could having a high age HoF be abused by having crown farm accounts? Sure, but that problem already exists now, and I doubt it would be come a substantial problem.
  5. SOK/SOA.
    • SOK are a completely different issue than SOA, so let's look at the individually. SOK: Produces Fps and Coins. Does this already exists outside of a high age SOK? YES! Lotus... Basil... Chateau... etc (We are only looking at the coin production being affected as the number of fps is not age dependent) Now with Marks boost this could be a real money maker for low ages, the ability to buy tons of Fps right? Wrong. Fps go up in cost, and how many One up kits would it take to make an IA SOK AF? Alot... You really think people are going to be able to do that on more than one SOK? SOA: Medals. Medals would be very useful at low ages (My next expansion is 30k ugh) but does this have a significant impact? NO! Once agin there is another GB that does this for us: Arc (Gaea too) The Arc boost on medals is monstroud once you are looking at higher level arcs, even with moderate levels that I see in O (20 ish) you are looking at right around 10k medals for first place.
  6. SOI.
    • Well this one should be interesting... SOI produces bps, but can you get those in any other way? Aiding (RF helps a bit too), and Donating. The ammount of bps that an SOI produces is so minimal compared to donations or even aiding alone that I think this is completely mitigated. In terms of coin production, the colelction is every 2 days, plus see what I said under SOKs above, not a major impact on anything.
  7. Champions/Drummers/CGs
    • Now we come to the meat of the argument against going above your age. Goods, coins, medals and supplies, yeah no biggies, but now we have to discuss units. First fff, Anyone got a Traz? Anyone got a Zeus, COA, or CDM? Do you plunder your neighbors or at least attack them for points? Is that really gonna change if you have AF units? I'm not saying it won't be any easier to raid people if you have champs or what have you ages above your opponents, and sure it will help on defence, but what kind of an impact is that going to have? Probably minimal, you already attack them and win anyway. But how about GvG? Once again same thing here, if you are in IA with CA Champs, are you going to be of much use on the CA map? Probably not, your impact is going to be super minimal if all you have to attack with is rogues and champs of that age.
There is one major limiting factor of all of those upgrades that is worth mentioning HAVING THE KIT ITSELF
Is a CA player going to have enough kits to upgrade all of his SOKs, special buildings and the like up to AF? Probably not. This is a way to check the system if going above your age is allowed, there aren't many of the kits to begin with, so getting that many will be a pain. Consequently, because it will be so hard to get the kits, any potentially major impact will be mitigated by that fact alone.

So we have taken a look at most of the arguments that I can think of against the idea (Post a comment I can't think of all of them). So now what are the potential benefits of this idea anyway? As I see it there are two:

1. Spending:
    • Inno, just like any other company is concerned with their bottom line, so will this idea affect the purchase of diamonds negatively because of the saturation of high age goods, bps, or whatever? No, because of the natural limiting factor of kit availability. So will this increase diamond sales? Potentially. I know that quite a few people I know would shell out a couple hundred diamonds to age their Bazaar up a couple ages if they use it for goods (fps guys don't seem to care... wonder why... xD) I personally would be willing to shell out diamonds in the event to age my stuff up.
  2. Something to Strive for:
    • Players always need a goal in order to stay involved, they need to be after that next tech, after the next expansion, that next GB, or that next GvG win. This would give those of us that are low aged something to strive for (FE production in BA or IA anyone?)
Ultimately, companies and their consumers must work together to make the service the best it can be, and Inno has done a pretty decent job in my eyes of reconciling the consumer with their bottom line (I don't want to debate this, only productive feedback please) As we look at this idea, to make One Up kits go above the players age, I hope that we can take a look and evaluate what, if any, impacts it might have on the game we love :)

Disclaimer for Mods: This is my first post so I don't know if I put it in the right section, feel free to relocate if necessary :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

I'm afraid I still don't see the danger :p But if you are already AF, then what potential danger is there? An IA guy with AF champs shouldn't be much of a threat :D
lol

that shows how much you understand from balancing

an iron age player with an AF champion is the 2nd worst scenario (worst: bronze age)

and how many IA players are in a hood with only AF players ?

but ok I have an balancing idea
the neighborhood merge doesn't look at the age of the player anymore but on highest troops he has
if he has AF champions he will be removed from the IA hood into an AF hood
then you are right: he is no thread to the not AF players anymore :D

because if you want to fight with the big ones then you must do that
or do you only want to be a cheater that is fighting IA players with AF units :rolleyes:

Well first of all I appreciate that you didn't enjoin me to "Start thinking" or call me stupid again.
I didn't say you are stupid

I said I am not stupid
but I am not a hypocrite (or stupid) and say that there will be zero impact because of this change
there is a little diference :D

and start thinking is an advice. you should start follow it

this change won't affect the game majorly because only a few buildings at most would be upgraded (Namely, champs),
lol that is the part you should think most about
the one (that is even less than a few) building (chmaps) that this idea will be used most (99% of all kits) will not only affect majorly
it will be a game breaker

that 100 other buildings don't change the game majorly doesn't matter because for those only 1% of the kits will be used

so if you start thinking you find out why all players will upgrade the champions retreat
and maybe then you recognize the game breaker

GE
  • There is no bronze age GE as you have to be IA to unlock it, but I do see your point. I admitted that it would be alot easier to win with higher age units previously, my point was that it doesn't matter if it's easier or not because you are winning right now without them as such it wouldn't change the number of wins. I still fail to see how this is a game breaker, the number of wins DOES NOT CHANGE.
oh for that I have also an addition to your idea
it doesn't matter what the player is in when he makes GE

but the units hes has
a player with AF champions will make the AF GE (no matter what age he is in)

we will win anyway (your logic)
the number doesn't change

and a player with AF champs get his equal opponents. not 12 ages below his units

are you then still be happy with your AF champs

because you want to fight with the big boys. then do it
with with the big boys
don't only use the tools of the big boys and then fight with them against the small boys

and you still haven't said me one iron age player who made the complete GE without any losses :rolleyes:

and I bet many iron age players (over 90%) can't do the complete GE
I sure wouldn't be able to do it. but iron age a long time ago

with your idea 100% with higher champs can do it

start thinking and you may see the difference
because you are using lies: there are almost no iron age players who can do all fights now
many in our guild from higher ages can't do the complete GE

but you can prove me wrong:
make the iron age GE once complete and then we can talk again

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7649

I disagree with all of the above, sorry.
You will win 100% of your fights against neighbors, without any losses at all. Same goes for expedition.
Iron Age players that can participate in all GvG maps is just strange. Imagine what the PvP towers in that neighborhood will look like.
Major impact on the continent as well, because you will win every fight with 8 champs, only in the tomorrow continent you might start losing a few units here and there.
Negotiations are ridiculously expensive in the higher eras, and definitely not affordable for iron age players.

You will be playing on god-mode, auto-fighting with your eyes closed. I realize that's exactly what you want to achieve, but your arguments are not going to get you there. I think you underestimate the strength of the future champ.

I apologize Midas, I missed this post earlier when replying.

I have to ask, do you have a city somewhere with which you reached arctic future and completed all provinces?
Okay that explains it then :)
Once you've completed timeline and continent maps, you will probably also look back and see the "dangers" of your proposition :p
I already told you twice, if that's not enough to make you understand, then that's that. Let's agree to disagree.

I think that's all your posts though I may have missed one. First post says nothing about any type of danger unless I am missing something, those are all observational points. Second post also has nothing about a danger. Third post mentions "Danger" but doesn't attempt to describe or quantify it. Final post says that you told me about the dangers "Twice"... Can't figure out where you even told me about those once...

DeletedUser7649

Just what Midas did said. Plus if I buy much diamonds my benefit is to much. I can wait untill
the one up kits are coming, I buy much diamonds and apples, unlock the one up kits, buy the
number of one up kits (with some more) to bring a champion to AF. If you has no idea how
strong the AF champion is... it's a beast and beat many units even railguns are not realy
safe. With a army of AF champions I'm inviseble and on top of that, only people with the
same ''luck'' or mony can do this trick. It will bring a nightmare become real. This makes the
one up kit to powerfull and the diamond players to. From Iron age I can beat GE without any
problem and it gives my guild a ridiculous benefit and not only the guild, me to.

Do you has any idea how to stop a freacking AF champion with Irion age units?

Do you has any idea why you can been replace if the neighbors has a to high age from you? This can
be done even with 3 ages and do you know why? Your never aible to stop the attacks from them.
So with this unthinkable situation you can rule the game with diamonds and destroy it easy. Inno
doesn't want that diamond players has a to big benefit, with this the got it and even worster. Think
realy good about why you can been replace if you are underage of some neighbors and think realy
good what your doing if this idea become true.

Do you think it's fair if you are in Iron age and I'm in AF and we become neighbors and I destroy your
army with AF units, plunder what ever I can and you can't even damage my defense? This is the situation
you are creating if your make it possible to give (diamond) Iron age players the benefit of AF champions
or what ever age champion that is much higher then it's own age...

1. "I buy much diamonds my benefit is to much. I can wait untill
    the one up kits are coming, I buy much diamonds and apples, unlock the one up kits, buy the
    number of one up kits (with some more) to bring a champion to AF. If you has no idea how
    strong the AF champion is... it's a beast and beat many units even railguns are not realy
    safe. With a army of AF champions I'm inviseble and on top of that, only people with the
    same ''luck'' or mony can do this trick. It will bring a nightmare become real." Sure that will happen, people will obviously want the one up kits, we aren't debating that, we are only looking at the actual affects of having high level champs.
  2. "From Iron age I can beat GE without any
    problem and it gives my guild a ridiculous benefit and not only the guild, me to. I already beat GE every week with no problem, and so do most of my guildmates, this has already been addressed.
  3. "Do you has any idea why you can been replace if the neighbors has a to high age from you? This can
    be done even with 3 ages and do you know why? Your never aible to stop the attacks from them." My neighbors at my own age can't stop attacks from me, if you have decently upgraded attack gbs this is a problem anyway.
  4. "Inno doesn't want that diamond players has a to big benefit, with this the got it and even worster. Think
    realy good about why you can been replace if you are underage of some neighbors and think realy
    good what your doing if this idea become true." Right, not sure what you are getting at here.
  5. "Do you think it's fair if you are in Iron age and I'm in AF and we become neighbors and I destroy your
    army with AF units, plunder what ever I can and you can't even damage my defense? This is the situation
    you are creating if your make it possible to give (diamond) Iron age players the benefit of AF champions
    or what ever age champion that is much higher then it's own age..." I have chosen to make my base as "Unplunderable" as I can Coins only come from gbs and SOKs, Supplies come from gbs and WWs, same with goods. My playstyle is a CHOICE that means anyone is free to make an unplunderable base if they so wish, if they get plundered it's their fault.

DeletedUser7649

lol

an iron age player with an AF champion is the 2nd worst scenario (worst: bronze age)

the neighborhood merge doesn't look at the age of the player anymore but on highest troops he has

or do you only want to be a cheater that is fighting IA players with AF units :rolleyes:

I said I am not stupid

the one (that is even less than a few) building (chmaps) that this idea will be used most (99% of all kits) will not only affect majorly

that 100 other buildings don't change the game majorly doesn't matter because for those only 1% of the kits will be used

so if you start thinking you find out why all players will upgrade the champions retreat

but the units hes has

and a player with AF champs get his equal opponents. not 12 ages below his units

with with the big boys
don't only use the tools of the big boys and then fight with them against the small boys

and you still haven't said me one iron age player who made the complete GE without any losses :rolleyes:

because you are using lies: there are almost no iron age players who can do all fights now

1. First of all I must apologize for my misstatement of your response, I now see that you did not call me stupid outright, and for that I apologize.
  2. I doubt many IA players are in hoods with AF players haha, but your balancing idea still won't fix the problem :p Your idea to put in hoods based on unit age is very interesting until you consider the fact that that IA player would only have rogues and champs, not a great defense against AF players that have all the other AF units.
  3. All players will upgrade the champions retreat with their kits because it makes life easier and who doesn't want that?
  4. lol you do have some interesting ideas that I definitely wouldn't have thought of, and I highly encourage you to post some of them :) AF champs in AF GE, once again we have the same problem, it's only one AF unit that isn't enough to win GE with (I don't win IA GE with only champs and rogues). My point was that wins are based on units having more than one per age.
  5. I can't show you an example of an IA player that completes GE without losses because I don't know of one, once I get my own attack GBs up we'll see :p
  6. I will take you up on your idea to prove you wrong, I'm halfway through GE lvl 2 right now, I'll send a screenshot when I complete lvl 3 :)

DeletedUser7668

You forget you're not the typical IA player. You choose to stay IA forever which gives you great advantages over players that are starting out. And now you want to add more to those advantages. But when challenged and told you wanna be a big boy, you have to fight with the big boys, you protest that you can't because you only have the one unit.
Your inability to see how unbalanced your proposal is and wiping away all counterarguments saying you don't see the difference with how it already is, is atrocious. You keep saying you want a discussion, but refuse to discus and look from different angles. You only look at your own advantage.

I doubt many IA players are in hoods with AF players haha, but your balancing idea still won't fix the problem :p Your idea to put in hoods based on unit age is very interesting until you consider the fact that that IA player would only have rogues and champs, not a great defense against AF players that have all the other AF units.
"I want the advantages but not the disadvantages"
All players will upgrade the champions retreat with their kits because it makes life easier and who doesn't want that?
All IA players that aren't permanent IA residents like you, don't have them. Heck, they don't even have a champ retreat yet but they weren't there at the event yet! They maybe have 12% attack boost from a zeus. Tops.
lol you do have some interesting ideas that I definitely wouldn't have thought of, and I highly encourage you to post some of them :) AF champs in AF GE, once again we have the same problem, it's only one AF unit that isn't enough to win GE with (I don't win IA GE with only champs and rogues).
Again "I want the advantages but not the disadvantages"
I can't show you an example of an IA player that completes GE without losses because I don't know of one, once I get my own attack GBs up we'll see :p
And how is this common for a regular player that advances through the tech tree at an average speed and currently is in IA?

DeletedUser7649

You forget you're not the typical IA player. You choose to stay IA forever which gives you great advantages over players that are starting out. And now you want to add more to those advantages. But when challenged and told you wanna be a big boy, you have to fight with the big boys, you protest that you can't because you only have the one unit.
Your inability to see how unbalanced your proposal is and wiping away all counterarguments saying you don't see the difference with how it already is, is atrocious. You keep saying you want a discussion, but refuse to discus and look from different angles. You only look at your own advantage.

"I want the advantages but not the disadvantages"

All IA players that aren't permanent IA residents like you, don't have them. Heck, they don't even have a champ retreat yet but they weren't there at the event yet! They maybe have 12% attack boost from a zeus. Tops.

Again "I want the advantages but not the disadvantages"

And how is this common for a regular player that advances through the tech tree at an average speed and currently is in IA?

Ah a new face, yay :)

1. Sure I will readily agree that I am not the typical IA player, I actually see the benefits of staying in IA as opposed to moving up in age.
  2. "Great advantages over other players" the last time I actually attacked someone was on 7/24 for a quest, it honestly isn't worth my time to attack my neighbors, the medals are next to nothing from winning towers when I get 10k from an arc leveling anyway.
  3. "You keep saying you want a discussion, but refuse to discuss and look from different angles." I am aware of different angles, but they don't matter without impacts. It isn't enough to make a point, you have to be able to explain why your point actually matters.
  4. My own advantage :p Oh this one is good, OBVIOUSLY! Can you please give me an example of one suggestion that doesn't impact the person suggesting it? The vast majority of the time the only reason why anyone posts a suggestion for improvement is because they were difrectly affected and want to fix whatever affected them.
  5. Sure I'll agree that most IA residents don't have Champ retreats, I started in December and just won my first from the summer event.
  6. LOL you missed the entire point here xD first words of that statement were: wait for it... wait for it.... "I can't show you an example..." Obviously this isn't a common occurrence then :p

DeletedUser7668

It isn't enough to make a point, you have to be able to explain why your point actually matters.
Let's turn this one around first: it isn't enough to state that in your opinion the outcome is irrelevant. It doesn't matter that you would have won with IA units too and now have the same amount of wins with AF units. When there is a significant difference in a) the damage you receive and therefor lost time and resources to repair said damage and b) the ability for others to attack you changes unless they also sit in IA and pay for a champ retreat and one-up kits. You refuse to address those objections. And now I just pick one specific. You refuse to address any of the raised objections apart from repeating over and over that in your opinion it doesn't change the outcome in the end.

DeletedUser7649

Let's turn this one around first: it isn't enough to state that in your opinion the outcome is irrelevant. It doesn't matter that you would have won with IA units too and now have the same amount of wins with AF units. When there is a significant difference in a) the damage you receive and therefor lost time and resources to repair said damage and b) the ability for others to attack you changes unless they also sit in IA and pay for a champ retreat and one-up kits. You refuse to address those objections. And now I just pick one specific. You refuse to address any of the raised objections apart from repeating over and over that in your opinion it doesn't change the outcome in the end.

1. Damage received/lost resources: Certainly I agree there is a difference (the significance is debatable as units are cheap and fast to produce in lower ages), but that difference has little to no impact. Traz produces most of my troops, so there is no cost incurred, but for someone without a traz, the costs are still minimal in those ages.
  2. Attacks from others: Sure people won't be able to attack you as easily if you have high level champs, that is a valid objection, the question is really though, does this actually matter? I would contend that in lower ages there won't be nearly as many people pushing their champs up to AF, and this would only affect one or two people per neighborhood perhaps, so you don't attack those people, it isn't a substantial loss.
I believe I have now addressed both of your objections, I will stay tuned for your reply :)

DeletedUser7649

lol

I said I am not stupid

but the units hes has

with with the big boys

Here you go:

tmp_23169-2016-09-16-22-05-15-904839354.png
This is the second stage of my last GE lvl 3 Battle.
tmp_23169-2016-09-16-22-06-341620367643.png

Not sure whether to make this a thumbnail or full image, not that experienced with computers.

Edit: NormaJeane - I've put the images in spoilers, they were a bit large ;)

DeletedUser

then you don't need higher champs :rolleyes:
because you can do it without them :D

and as you said:
at the end it doesn't make any difference
success is success

DeletedUser7649

then you don't need higher champs :rolleyes:
because you can do it without them :D

and as you said:
at the end it doesn't make any difference
success is success
LOL I would upgrade one champs barrack for the continent map, plus it would help with GE, but honestly my main concern is goods production from the Oasis or Bazaar or what have you. The pictures prove that GE can be done without the higher age champs, they prove that the Champs won't impact anything because it already happens without them. The difference wouldn't be the win itself, it would be the ease of the win.

DeletedUser

The difference wouldn't be the win itself, it would be the ease of the win.
and that is wrong
not everybody can win every fight (like you)

so don't judge an idea on the change for the best player who wins every fight
do it for the average or even below average player

or why do the other on your screenshot don't have 48/48
because they can't do the complete GE: many players in low ages have the problem of not finishing the complete GE

so it can and WILL change the difference for the win itself
more wins for everybody (except the elite players who already wins every fight)

and the game doesn't want that everybody wins the GE without any losses without problems
because then they could remove the championship again if everybody will win GE
or do they want championships where all have 100% and only the faster guild wins it :rolleyes:

The pictures prove that GE can be done without the higher age champs, they prove that the Champs won't impact anything because it already happens without them.
your screenshot already shows that there would be a change
the other would also have 48/48 like you

or do you really think with higher champs they will have the same result in GE than before ?

for me someone who says higher champs won't impact anything still don't know what he is actually changing in the game

DeletedUser7649

and that is wrong

because they can't do the complete GE: many players in low ages have the problem of not finishing the complete GE

and the game doesn't want that everybody wins the GE without any losses without problems
or do they want championships where all have 100% and only the faster guild wins it :rolleyes:

or do you really think with higher champs they will have the same result in GE than before ?

for me someone who says higher champs won't impact anything still don't know what he is actually changing in the game

1. The reason why everyone doesn't have 48/48 is varied, life gets in the way sometimes, but FYI: 34 and 32 on that list finish GE every week usually. (EMA and LMA respectively)
  2. Wait... was this actually a compliment? I think you inadvertently called me an "Elite Player", thank you :)
  3. Your guild championship point is completely valid, and something I didn't think of before. Honestly in my experience the guild championship is one of two things: A source of aggravation, or a source of pride. i.e. your guild either works well together, and as such it's a banner of pride to have trophies, or your guild has some super dedicated people and some that don't try at all therefore it is a source of aggravation. I think GC is an intriguing addition to the game though, and i am going to have to think more about how to respond to that point.
  4. Going to skip the "others would also have 48/48 like you" and "same result in GE as before" points because I already addressed them in #1.
  5. The only real impact I have heard so far is your GC point incidentally, no one else has presented a real harm at all, because all other "Harms" presented already exist within the system itself.

DeletedUser5097

1. "I buy much diamonds my benefit is to much. I can wait untill
    same ''luck'' or mony can do this trick. It will bring a nightmare become real." Sure that will happen, people will obviously want the one up kits, we aren't debating that, we are only looking at the actual affects of having high level champs.
  2. "From Iron age I can beat GE without any
    problem and it gives my guild a ridiculous benefit and not only the guild, me to. I already beat GE every week with no problem, and so do most of my guildmates, this has already been addressed.
  3. "Do you has any idea why you can been replace if the neighbors has a to high age from you? This can
    be done even with 3 ages and do you know why? Your never aible to stop the attacks from them." My neighbors at my own age can't stop attacks from me, if you have decently upgraded attack gbs this is a problem anyway.
  4. "Inno doesn't want that diamond players has a to big benefit, with this the got it and even worster. Think
    good what your doing if this idea become true." Right, not sure what you are getting at here.
  5. "Do you think it's fair if you are in Iron age and I'm in AF and we become neighbors and I destroy your
    or what ever age champion that is much higher then it's own age..." I have chosen to make my base as "Unplunderable" as I can Coins only come from gbs and SOKs, Supplies come from gbs and WWs, same with goods. My playstyle is a CHOICE that means anyone is free to make an unplunderable base if they so wish, if they get plundered it's their fault.
It's fine at the way it go at the moment. You can't get units higher than your age, except from some
missions.

1.) It's a side effect. Diamond players has a great benefit, but this benefit is in balance. If you can buy so many
one up kits if you want you can creat so many AT champions if you want or so many that you can buy with real
mony. This side effect gives diamond players a to big benefit. This is why you has a limit of diamond expensions,
so you can has more space, but not so much more.
If the one up kit is aible to give players to get AT champions, if the are far away from the AT, this is one of the
horrible side effects.

2.) This is just a side effect, but not the worst.

3.) Good lord you discoverd the greatest and oldest problem of the game.:eek: The rate of GB's for armies
is 3:2, the defence A.I. is stupid, but it is possible to make it smart and this was happens once by accident.
The watch fires makes it only worster and the rouges makes it bigger. Champions of AT driving in a much lower
age destroy it much more, but not only that. It destroy the map too. Your idea makes this problem worster
and worster than it ever was.:D I'm glad that you understand that the current system has the worst balance
ever seen. However the problem with your idea is, your idea makes it only worse.

4.) I getting here that this idea is against Inno's opinion. How big is the change to bring something true that
is against the opinion of Inno?:cool:

5.) What is your point in this? It's just unfair if someone of 10 ages higher can attack you, it's at the same way
unfair that someone can attack you with a unit of 10 ages higher. Beceaus it's the same probleme.

So at the end. Do you understand it or don't you want to understand it. If the one up kit is aible to upgrade
event buildings to any age, it's destroy the game balace. The champion destroy multi player balance and
the map. The another event buildings give a overkill and destroy the natural balance in ages of the TT, but
that's more for the TT.
I realy don't understand why your unhappy with the way so as it go at the moment. You said you has no single
problem with battles on GE or against players, this idea destroy the balance and change the game complete,
so why do you realy want that the one up kit destroy the game? If this idea will come true the game will
been closed in no time. I think it's even in a month or maybe 2. Look to Rising Generals and Kartuga, in
that last one you did can collect to easy premmium and can collect items from far above your level,
in this case far above your age (one up kits makes it possible).

Do you understand the danger of this idea? This idea can make the end of FoE, maybe even before AT is
complete.:(

LOL I would upgrade one champs barrack for the continent map, plus it would help with GE, but honestly my main concern is goods production from the Oasis or Bazaar or what have you. The pictures prove that GE can be done without the higher age champs, they prove that the Champs won't impact anything because it already happens without them. The difference wouldn't be the win itself, it would be the ease of the win.
I did wanted it too in the past, but the only way is just leave the map alone for some time and
unlock units of higher ages. So you unlock higher ages champions and you unlock even more
units of a higher age.;) This did work and without danger for the game.

DeletedUser7649

It's fine at the way it go at the moment. You can't get units higher than your age, except from some
missions.

1.) It's a side effect. Diamond players has a great benefit, but this benefit is in balance. If you can buy so many
one up kits if you want you can creat so many AT champions if you want or so many that you can buy with real
mony. This side effect gives diamond players a to big benefit. This is why you has a limit of diamond expensions,
so you can has more space, but not so much more.
If the one up kit is aible to give players to get AT champions, if the are far away from the AT, this is one of the
horrible side effects.

2.) This is just a side effect, but not the worst.

3.) Good lord you discoverd the greatest and oldest problem of the game.:eek: The rate of GB's for armies
is 3:2, the defence A.I. is stupid, but it is possible to make it smart and this was happens once by accident.
The watch fires makes it only worster and the rouges makes it bigger. Champions of AT driving in a much lower
age destroy it much more, but not only that. It destroy the map too. Your idea makes this problem worster
and worster than it ever was.:D I'm glad that you understand that the current system has the worst balance
ever seen. However the problem with your idea is, your idea makes it only worse.

4.) I getting here that this idea is against Inno's opinion. How big is the change to bring something true that
is against the opinion of Inno?:cool:

5.) What is your point in this? It's just unfair if someone of 10 ages higher can attack you, it's at the same way
unfair that someone can attack you with a unit of 10 ages higher. Beceaus it's the same probleme.

So at the end. Do you understand it or don't you want to understand it. If the one up kit is aible to upgrade
event buildings to any age, it's destroy the game balace. The champion destroy multi player balance and
the map. The another event buildings give a overkill and destroy the natural balance in ages of the TT, but
that's more for the TT.
I realy don't understand why your unhappy with the way so as it go at the moment. You said you has no single
problem with battles on GE or against players, this idea destroy the balance and change the game complete,
so why do you realy want that the one up kit destroy the game? If this idea will come true the game will
been closed in no time. I think it's even in a month or maybe 2. Look to Rising Generals and Kartuga, in
that last one you did can collect to easy premmium and can collect items from far above your level,
in this case far above your age (one up kits makes it possible).

Do you understand the danger of this idea? This idea can make the end of FoE, maybe even before AT is
complete.:(

I did wanted it too in the past, but the only way is just leave the map alone for some time and
unlock units of higher ages. So you unlock higher ages champions and you unlock even more
units of a higher age.;) This did work and without danger for the game.

1. So diamond players get AF champs, this is non unique. In the current system the diamond players gets gbs (bps and goods) they get premium buildings (from events) I don't see the difference here.
  2. No response necessary, no argumentation provided in your post.
  3. By definition this idea will not make the system worse. If the system is already broken, it doesn't matter anymore. Who cares if you step on a broken glass cup if it's already shattered on the floor? I mean you would obviously because it hurts xD but you wouldn't be able to use the cup if you hadn't stepped on it anyway.
  4. You have given no rationale as to why Inno wouldn't like the idea.
  5. My point here is that it's possible to play the game without possibility of plunder, I would say that is the main reason why people would be against this idea, it would be easier to be plundered. Being plundered is the fault of your playstyle, if someone doesn't want to be plundered, they can change their style of play.
I still disagree with you that Champs will destroy PvP, and the map is a completely different point (If you bring it up again I'll address it). Not sure what you mean by "TT" so I can't comment on that.

I never said I was unhappy with the current system at all, I just provided this suggestion to make the game more enjoyable, if it doesn't go through that won't detract from my gameplay at all, I'll just figure out another way to live outside the box ;)

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to look at either of the two games you brought up, and I don't believe that even if I had looked them up I would have nearly enough knowledge to comment on them.

No I still don't see the danger of this idea. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is how you decide to play!

DeletedUser7649

and that is wrong

So I thought a little more about your GC point, and here is what I think:

In terms of having the faster guild win GC, if you look at the minimum guild size, this happens anyway. In a major guild, such as ours, we don't come anywhere near winning GC because about 1/6 of our players don't attack (I'm not in charge), and another 25% or so don't make it through level 1 (Is it really that hard to negotiate?) If you are intent on winning GC it is easy enough, make a small guild with people you can trust to finish GE lvl 3 quickly, and with no losses, in which case, the exact thing that you say the developers don't want is built into the system. Now this is necessary to GC, but still within the system itself, therefore there is no difference under the proposed change in terms of the mechanics. The only difference would be in the SIZE of the guilds that get to 100%

Once again kudos to you for this point, I really had to think about how to respond to it :)

Cardena

Squire
-1 for the idea

That you can found a guild which gets 100% is true, but at the moment such a guild has to be a small guild. You will not find any guild of 80 members that reach 100% at the moment.

Having champs from a higher age would make any fight easier, and an AF champ in the lower ages would make anybody win any fight without any problems. That cannot be in the spirit of the game. A game must have something that is difficult to achieve to be of any interest. So your idea would destroy the game.

I can understand that one have had the thought, getting champs or oasis above one*s own age would be nice. But what I cannot understand that you insist on that this is a good idea despite all the arguments given here.

Tanmay11

Regent
I would consider my if the change was limited to only 1 age above the current age of the player.
but anyway i don't see that happening as well.:p

DeletedUser7649

-1 for the idea

That you can found a guild which gets 100% is true, but at the moment such a guild has to be a small guild. You will not find any guild of 80 members that reach 100% at the moment.

Having champs from a higher age would make any fight easier, and an AF champ in the lower ages would make anybody win any fight without any problems. That cannot be in the spirit of the game. A game must have something that is difficult to achieve to be of any interest. So your idea would destroy the game.

I can understand that one have had the thought, getting champs or oasis above one*s own age would be nice. But what I cannot understand that you insist on that this is a good idea despite all the arguments given here.

1. Yup agree with that GE point, exact point I made above.
  2. Agree with most of the second point as well, higher age troops make fighting easier.
  3. "Spirit of the game" They give us units higher than our age from quests, (I have EMA heavies) does this destroy the game? (Note: I haven't used them in at least a month.)
  4. "Difficulty level: You don't think that there will still be some level of difficulty in the game if you just have higher age troops? Well how about getting gbs up, or moving through tech?
  5. Yes I do still insist this is a good idea, I have not heard of one harm that is not already in the system that this idea would cause.

DeletedUser7649

I would consider my if the change was limited to only 1 age above the current age of the player.
but anyway i don't see that happening as well.:p

If I may ask, any particular reason why only one age? Just out of curiosity :)

Status
Not open for further replies.