• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

MasterofDeath

Merchant
It took a while to catch onto the game but I think I've got but it just feels like a lots of effort without much reward. 25 tasks to get any reward is frustrating, I've been doing quest continually and I am still only at 22/25 for the second chest. An SOK is great but it's taking forever to get there and there no little bonus between.
I find myself checking into my beta account like never before just to check progress and the game is engaging but I feel like all I'm doing is waiting for tasks to complete.

Beta testing means you actually do something with the reactions, not just adapt it a bit and still push it down players throats. Beta testing this way is a joke.
that is called (pre-)alpha testing.
beta testing basically means all the key mechanics are there (feature complete) and we are to comment on bugs and little tweaks ...

my current base assumption is they want to check and tweak dau (daily active users), session (daily logins per user) and retention (how many users are staying) metrics to the max ...

just remember: considerable stress/strain is something that you can apply once or twice without visible effects.
but after that the whole thing may suddenly break / fall apart - and you will not even know why and how it happened ...

Last edited:
Thanks, Dudettas. I guess I'm one of the unfortunate ones that had the "Generate 15T (Trillion) Cakes from your Cake Factory" task running before I went to bed last night, and woke up to the task not moving from 4.6t/15t at all (either via phone or via computer; even if on computer and mini-game is up, it may go to 4.8t/15t but it then goes back to 4.6t/15t).

Even with just a Level 1 Cake Manager & Cake Factory at Level 100, this task would have taken exactly 8.06 hours. It's now past twice that (16 hours) so that would interfere with many of us's ability to finish our respective goals. I realize it is Beta, but I hope the developers can reimburse us with the loss of time with some extra Pots of Gold (maybe more of those 500 Pots of Gold in city incidents, grins).

Cheers,

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa
Same here .. it's not counting if not online .. last straw to not caring ..

Sl8yer

Regent
that is called (pre-)alpha testing.
beta testing basically means all the key mechanics are there (feature complete) and we are to comment on bugs and little tweaks ...

[/URL]

my current base assumption is they want to check and tweak dau (daily active users), session (daily logins per user) and retention (how many users are staying) metrics to the max ...

just remember: considerable stress/strain is something that you can apply once or twice without visible effects.
but after that the whole thing may suddenly break / fall apart - and you will not even know why and how it happened ...

Crystal Villa and the introduction to buy diamonds on beta.

Laobhan

Farmer
My concern is size. I have a number of low-age players (newbs) in my various guilds, and this set takes up way too much space for anyone in lower ages to find it useful. Heck, even in my AF worlds (most of my worlds) I will be hard pressed to squeeze it in. If it weren't so darned pretty, I'd flog it to the dealer, but it certainly will add an aesthetic boost if nothing else! (But where is the leprechaun?)
The leprechaun is at the end of the rainbow, but they are tough to spot, been in Ireland for over 40 years now and haven't seen one.

Uriach

Farmer
I have seen another bug, but you know what, since this whole event is simply a joke and they continue to ignore every advice given and don't are trasparent with us why should I tell them. If nobody else get this particular error, than a lot o ppl will be mad on live ^^.
One more complain to ignore for you, dear devs. If somebody catches the event even only 3 or 4 days late, he will not have the possibility to finish it, the lack of just 400 PoG hinders it (moreso if they encounter some of the nasty bugs that keep us happy ^^). Not only will he have to go through the drough of the BA where he can do almost nothing than wait, but if he hurries to keep up, invest every ounce to progress in the event, reads forum and applies strategies, he will find out that he falls short. Great way to entice new customers. Someone will be caught on the hook and spend, the most (as I) will leave.
Great job Inno.

Rakshas

Farmer
If you're not going to report bugs maybe you should get off of beta and go exclusively live. Or just quit, since you all are having such a hissy fit over here. What exactly are you people here for? Seriously, suck it up, because sometimes there are going to be problems on beta. If they don't take the advice here and it fails in live, then it's on them, but this is ridiculous.

Thanks, Dudettas. I guess I'm one of the unfortunate ones that had the "Generate 15T (Trillion) Cakes from your Cake Factory" task running before I went to bed last night, and woke up to the task not moving from 4.6t/15t at all
I had the same problem. Even worse, I spent POGs upgrading a useless manager so I could get to more tasks, only to get stuck with this one not working. I don't mind the tech issues that much though. It's part of playing on Beta. The more fundamental problem is the useless POG-wasting tasks that make it too difficult to get the set with upgrades. I am probably going to wind up with a full set and maybe 2 or 3 upgrades, but that's only after spending 4k diamonds on POGs that I promptly had to waste on useless tasks and opening chests without knowing the last two were going to cost 1500 POGs after the first three only cost 400. Spending 4k diamonds is all well and good for beta where the diamonds don't mean much, but no way will I spend any diamonds on this event in live cities, which means no way could I come close to getting the full level 2 set. Whatever, though. Not every event is for everyone, and this one definitely isn't for me. It'll be good to get a break from the constant events in my live cities by skipping this one. Only one of my three cities (2 live + beta) completed the Forge Bowl, and looks like only my beta city will complete this one. It's actually kind of liberating not worrying about the event quests in addition to all the other things involved in playing. So, thanks, Inno, for an event I won't regret sitting out!

Last edited:

Uriach

Farmer
If you're not going to report bugs maybe you should get off of beta and go exclusively live. Or just quit, since you all are having such a hissy fit over here. What exactly are you people here for? Seriously, suck it up, because sometimes there are going to be problems on beta. If they don't take the advice here and it fails in live, then it's on them, but this is ridiculous.
Well, thats exactly what i will going to do. On live i used to spend some money on diamonds, since i wanted to support the game as a whole, but if this event hits live as it is (and they said it will be so), than i see no further motivation to be on beta (they ask you to test and than ignore your feedback) nor to spend to support the game.
For the records, how much would a second set cost? If i calculate that i go the 5+1 route (otherwise it would mean that i have to work far more only to spend less diamonds), i need to buy 10 full chest sets, which means 3900x5+7850x5=58750 diamonds for a second set, that is not even that good. I guess if this is a sign of innos greed, than all is said.

DeletedUser8743

Is the issue with tasks not being updated still around (other than myself)? Currently, "gather 10B flowers" and "gather 16Q shamrock"s are only updating when I log in and open the event window. These are not completable for me unless I keep the game window open.

Edit: It seem it's still around
There still seems to be issues. Had the minigame window up it showed 6.8B flowers collected. When I closed it and reopened it, it then showed 5.4B collected.

basically finished the game since yesterday evening:

3 tasks to go - so it does not really matter if the game catches up at some point to run/collect in the background again. worst case i'll start a very short new limbo-round at the end.

now waiting for the rest of the event for the remaining gold pots to finish town and buy last set of chests - what a relief ...

so yes: it is balanced enough that you can definitely finish it.
so yes: there is a very tight margin of error to get there (~300-700 gold pots depending on your shipment manager level)
so no: no matter how many more tasks you add, it won't be a fun game to play on one world - let alone multi-world.

Is the issue with tasks not being updated still around (other than myself)? Currently, "gather 10B flowers" and "gather 16Q shamrock"s are only updating when I log in and open the event window. These are not completable for me unless I keep the game window open.

Edit: It seem it's still around
Yes, it seems that all the tasks that require you to generate goods are bugged, so the event is pretty much unplayable until they fix it.

DeletedUser9851

I can confirm the same issue regarding the "Generate 15T Cakes" Tasks; when I left the game I was at 7.63T/15T...only to come back hours later and seeing that the value was exactly the same! It only went up as soon as I relaunched the minigame...not good!

Jonny1961

Farmer
With this bug that the window must be open, the game cannot be finished for the live server. Should be interesting if Inno releases the event in this form.

DeletedUser9851

With this bug that the window must be open, the game cannot be finished for the live server. Should be interesting if Inno releases the event in this form.
Well from what I can see on my end, the minigame window does not have to be open to collect the Cakes in the Task...but you must be logged in and your session running on the BETA Server. I can confirm that the Event minigame window was not open on my session but once I open it, the Cakes were increasing after each and every cycle.