• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser

So no new changes for the event. Well done inno. Next time do not bother let us play the event before launch on the normal servers. Our feedback seems really worthless now.
The different task lines make it even more complicated for the players. But this all will not matter at all after the majority missplayed the first task line and will never have enough pots of gold to get the set lvl2.
So, so true.

Devs are not playing the game (no, speed server doesn't count...). I wonder what are they playing, I'm looking for a good game experience? They should be able to at least tell us that...

DeletedUser8262

Currently on the task to collect 15t cakes, i've been on it since early this morning and each time i log in the progress i had made has either been reset or reduced, this event is bad enough already without adding bugs

kaymedic

Marquis
It do not count your tasks if you are not online. Thats the big change for this event so that everyone is forced to stay online the whole day. Nice played inno. Again ;)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I don't have a screen shot but I just got 500 pots from accident. Is it supposed to be like that? @Dudettas could you update event description with possible amounts of pots from accidents please? Like 10,20...500
Sorry, we only know that they are possible with incidents, we have no further information.

DeletedUser4409

I've just noticed something strange. Why isn't the chest screen closeable? Neither by clicking outside of it, nor with a cross, because there is none in the frame. The only way to get back to town and, let's say, do some more quests so as to be able to buy more chests before proceeding further is to refresh the game.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
To be fair, many folks, myself included, complained about having to face the carnival event again, though it certainly had its many fans as well. Beta testers had asked for changes to the look and feel of events for a while now, either by reintroducing historical quests, changing the types of quests, or varying the mechanics, etc.

It would have been far easier for Inno to roll out a new version of Carnival with a few tweaks. There is a lot of work needed to create a new event that is both challenging and still playable. Inno devs should be given real credit for trying something new, and I am as guilty as anyone for letting my frustration leak through. Beta testing means putting up with not ready for prime-time mechanics. And often, it has been fun to ferret out what works and what does not in new events.

This is not a horrible experience. That would be locking yourself outside your Alaskan home, in winter, in your underwear. This is merely really frustrating, alternating with really boring.

New approaches are bound to have teething problems. I doubt they are ignoring Beta players’ comments, but I can’t see them having the time to respond, given all the glitches they are having. It can’t be fun reading through pages of vitriol……..

I hope they can find a way to make it more of an enjoyable but real challenge, instead of the mind-numbing slog it currently is.

Last edited:

Takethat

Merchant
Sorry, we only know that they are possible with incidents, we have no further information.
Not only does the 10Q fireworks quest isn't working but it's even resetting itself to 0/10Q whereas I had several millions. And that already happened twice....

Sl8yer

Regent
It would have been far easier for Inno to roll out a new version of Carnival with a few tweaks. There is a lot of work needed to create a new event that is both challenging and still playable. Inno devs should be given real credit for trying something new, and I am as guilty as anyone for letting my frustration leek through. Beta testing means putting up with not ready for prime-time mechanics. And often, it has been fun to ferret out what works and what does not in new events.

Real credit should be given when they accept this doesn't work. Sad but true, no matter what, it WILL go to the live servers, where, no surprise it will get the same reactions. Only difference will be there will be more players telling they don't like it at all.

Beta testing means you actually do something with the reactions, not just adapt it a bit and still push it down players throats. Beta testing this way is a joke.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Real credit should be given when they accept this doesn't work.

Not everyone thinks so. Some folks in my various guilds are OK with it, and like that it is new/different. They may be a minority, they may not. We certainly don't have access to Inno’s data to know.

The non-random sample of a handful of beta testers’ opinions? Well, that may or may not reflect the feelings of most players.

So far Inno is pretty good at making money; if return to investors is the be all, end all objective of business, then they are doing quite well.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not everyone thinks so. Some folks in my various guilds are OK with it, and like that it is new/different. They may be a minority, they may not. We certainly don't have access to Inno’s data to know.

The non-random sample of a handful of beta testers’ opinions? Well, that may or may not reflect the feelings of most players.

So far Inno is pretty good at making money; if return to investors is the be all, end all objective of business, then they are doing quite well.

I am indeed grateful that they'll try new event formats. But the implementation isn't great - experience has been every run through I hate the event more. And furthermore every change has made this event worse not better.

Trying new stuff: good.
Taking feedback and further emphasizing aspects people are complaining about rather than addressing them: not so good.

The manager tasks are a serious problem. I get that they thought they're an important balancing aspect (they've thrown 1000 gold of managers into the first two tasklines - haven't counted the 3rd yet though I suspect it's the same or higher), but they turn the minigame just into a gold consuming task rather than much of a game itself. Spending gold should be about your choices, not theirs 'oh gee, i think it'd be great to add level 3 managers to useless factories as a gold sink!'

The balancing where you have to do things just right in order to barely finish a fully upgraded set is also not appreciated. This shouldn't be an awkward L10 grand prize split into 5 pieces that just the ability to finish it is fine, it should be a set encouraging people to try alternate layouts and for that a few extra pieces should be attainable without diamonds, which conveniently would allow people who make mistakes to at least finish it anyways. Alas, there've been zero changes in that regard.

Finally the set itself is uninspiring in that there's only one aspect it can be efficient in - FP. It's "fine" in that yes it can be efficient at that. But its military bonuses, and goods are so low that even if you wanted to focus on them with different pieces, the resulting set would be a waste of space. Moon Gate and Majestic Fawn are solid value for their space - all other buildings are just supporting figures needed to enable them.

I'm saddened that they may take the rejection of this event as a rejection of sets, as they did after winter 2017, when a big part of the problem is that they were worried about making the set and event 'too good' and strictly balanced them as a result killing fun all around.

Achaeus

Marquis
So it seems they have the Tasks updating again, but since it broke my progress has not increased and there are 2 tasks that would be done by now. Can we get credit for those tasks?

Thanks for everyone reporting we are aware and working on a fix.
Thanks, Dudettas. I guess I'm one of the unfortunate ones that had the "Generate 15T (Trillion) Cakes from your Cake Factory" task running before I went to bed last night, and woke up to the task not moving from 4.6t/15t at all (either via phone or via computer; even if on computer and mini-game is up, it may go to 4.8t/15t but it then goes back to 4.6t/15t).

Even with just a Level 1 Cake Manager & Cake Factory at Level 100, this task would have taken exactly 8.06 hours. It's now past twice that (16 hours) so that would interfere with many of us's ability to finish our respective goals. I realize it is Beta, but I hope the developers can reimburse us with the loss of time with some extra Pots of Gold (maybe more of those 500 Pots of Gold in city incidents, grins).

Cheers,

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa

To be fair, many folks, myself included, complained about having to face the carnival event

I love carnival event! And I know many people don't... but seeing how this current event is mostly hated, they would be far better to scrap it and tweak carnival for live servers again... it would be very easy and they can salvage what they can from this and fix it for next time...

Last edited: